Elementalist soloing Caudecus manor EM butler path.

in Elementalist

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

To all thoses saying elementalist suck in PvE, here’s the proof it doesn’t.
Elementalist suck in PvP because the play style do not work against humans only against AI and our baseline survivability is extremely poor.

Anyways, enjoy some elementalist win in this little (long) video of myself soloing an explorable dungeon in 2 hours.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

So basically, you’ve shown that we can run around screaming “don’t hurt me!” like a little girl?

I already knew that.

What you’re showing isn’t proof of the power of elementalist, it’s proof of a flaw in the AI of the enemies. The other professions could do the same thing (only much better).

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Temperantia.3207

Temperantia.3207

Must have been fun!

in Elementalist

snaplemouton.1294

So basically, you’ve shown that we can run around screaming “don’t hurt me!” like a little girl?

I already knew that.

What you’re showing isn’t proof of the power of elementalist, it’s proof of a flaw in the AI of the enemies. The other professions could do the same thing (only much better).

There is no such thing as an AI on NPC that can’t be predictable. Once you know their patterns and behavior it can be easily beaten by using what’s at your disposal to win.
An elementalist isn’t lacking in PvE at all. We have so many combos it makes elem a must have in PvE for the crazy amount of possibilities it open to the group. Our damage is on par with everyone else since the NPCs arn’t running around like headless chicken making our delayed spells miss more then hit.
Now care to explain me how other professions can do better then us in PvE?
Last I check, any professions get hit as hard as I do in PvE on my elementalist if not more since I have tanky gear.
sPvP on the other hand is where elem is lacking. The delay and AoEs doesn’t match go hand in hand with the fast-paced action of sPvP. And also because we have the lowest base health pool in the game with thiefs and guardians but we don’t have the evades/stealth of the thiefs or the block/reflect/armor of guardian we die way too easily.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

I’m sorry but I am going to disagree with you, snaplemouton, a lot. The elementalist can’t survive hits as well as other classes even with the extra toughness. And we don’t do anywhere near the damage of other classes. Any class can do what was done in the video except they would have done it better/faster.

in Elementalist

snaplemouton.1294

Sure… not.
Have you played anything other then elementalist to say that?
I play mesmer at 80 too and my bars feel so empty and lacking PvE wise I don’t feel like playing anything but elementalist.
It’s not because warrior can faceroll thru level 1 to 60 by auto attacking that it means it’s better. I’m sorry but warrior can’t DPS half of the fights because they are stuck with trying to survive unless they go for gun in which case their damage is nothing but impressive.
I don’t die easily in dungeons. Not at all. I usually find it boring that I can just stand and take the hits and still heal thru it. Elementalist have it’s issues and it’s not in PvE.