Elementalist too weak for current meta

in Elementalist

Posted by: ElexOrieN.2130

ElexOrieN.2130

Never before has my elementalist been downed or killed so many times before.
Lion’s Arch has become a nightmare for elementalists.
Every veteran or elite one-hits me, and i also draw all the aggro while the other classes get totally ignored by the trash mobs and bosses.
This meta clearly shows more than anything ever before that the elementalist needs a massive armor & HP buff. Elementalists are simply TOO fragile to survive in Lion’s Arch right now. Those veterans and elites just hit way to hard for the elementalists low HP and armor. Every downed/dead player is an elementalist. And no, it’s not a “learn to play issue” i run the PVE meta build and i never had problems with it, even in previous hard fights my ele managed to stay alive. I already spoke to other (experienced and skilled) ele players and they have the same problems. Never before has the elementalist needed the developers help more urgent than with “Escape from Lion’s Arch”.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ephemeral.5409

Ephemeral.5409

Never before has my elementalist been downed or killed so many times before.
Lion’s Arch has become a nightmare for elementalists.
Every veteran or elite one-hits me, and i also draw all the aggro while the other classes get totally ignored by the trash mobs and bosses.
This meta clearly shows more than anything ever before that the elementalist needs a massive armor & HP buff. Elementalists are simply TOO fragile to survive in Lion’s Arch right now. Those veterans and elites just hit way to hard for the elementalists low HP and armor. Every downed/dead player is an elementalist. And no, it’s not a “learn to play issue” i run the PVE meta build and i never had problems with it, even in previous hard fights my ele managed to stay alive. I already spoke to other (experienced and skilled) ele players and they have the same problems. Never before has the elementalist needed the developers help more urgent than with “Escape from Lion’s Arch”.

You can’t really kitten the effectiveness of elementalists in a zerg environment like that, where you can’t really anticipate any enemy attack/even see them coming. There are just way too many enemies and particle effects flying around to see what’s going on, in addition to the ridiculously upscaled mobs (being hit by a 40k warbanner ftw).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fanta.8049

Fanta.8049

I though u talking about Pvp or 1v1 or something like that .Ele is fine in Pve ,friend , running with zerg ,dodge ,heal ,bla bla ,i can survive well with my ele .My current pve build is 0/30/0/20/20 s/d ,zerg trinket and knight armor (expect head is zerk ) rune is scholar ,sigil is 5% crit and bloodlust . try to kite 1 or 2 or 3 at the same time if u full glass

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

I don’t think that it’s only elementalists who’s having problems surviving in LA. Of course, you can’t L2P RNG issues. LA events are too messy for everyone to notice the red aoe circles 100%.

in Elementalist

ElexOrieN.2130

I though u talking about Pvp or 1v1 or something like that .Ele is fine in Pve ,friend , running with zerg ,dodge ,heal ,bla bla ,i can survive well with my ele .My current pve build is 0/30/0/20/20 s/d ,zerg trinket and knight armor (expect head is zerk ) rune is scholar ,sigil is 5% crit and bloodlust . try to kite 1 or 2 or 3 at the same time if u full glass

Welp here come the “my ele is fine” fanboys again… -_-
Ele is a bad joke in PVE right now, unable to survive due to the combination of having low hp/armor and being a massive aggro-magnet. No other class draws that much aggro. Those mobs always go straight for the ele’s and ignore every other class. I’ve seen it happen to other ele players far too often and experienced it on my own ele. Dodges don’t help much when 7 or more veterans and/or elites are after you. Even if i use the staff and stand as far away from the mobs as possible, they go straight for the elementalists and chase them until they are dead.

in Elementalist

ElexOrieN.2130

I don’t think that it’s only elementalists who’s having problems surviving in LA. Of course, you can’t L2P RNG issues. LA events are too messy for everyone to notice the red aoe circles 100%.

It’s not the AOE’s that kill me constantly, it’s for example those Etherblade veterans & elites/champions who all focus in on me and attack no one else but me and the other elementalists.

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Ele is a bad joke in PVE right now, unable to survive due to the combination of having low hp/armor and being a massive aggro-magnet. No other class draws that much aggro. Those mobs always go straight for the ele’s and ignore every other class. I’ve seen it happen to other ele players far too often and experienced it on my own ele. Dodges don’t help much when 7 or more veterans and/or elites are after you. Even if i use the staff and stand as far away from the mobs as possible, they go straight for the elementalists and chase them until they are dead.

Are you running with 3000 armour, maybe, in an attempt to mitigate damage? A lot of foes seem to aggro on those with higher armour levels, so it’s counterintuitive to build for toughness when trying to survive aggro.

In zerg-based content like LA, though – as said above, that’s not a benchmark for viability in any way, and those foes will often 3-shot a high hp/armour warrior with protection on. It’s really not just you that’s getting downed, or getting hit by attacks – a great many of them are AoE and hit stupidly hard when upscaled.

in Elementalist

ElexOrieN.2130

Are you running with 3000 armour, maybe, in an attempt to mitigate damage? A lot of foes seem to aggro on those with higher armour levels, so it’s counterintuitive to build for toughness when trying to survive aggro.

In zerg-based content like LA, though – as said above, that’s not a benchmark for viability in any way, and those foes will often 3-shot a high hp/armour warrior with protection on. It’s really not just you that’s getting downed, or getting hit by attacks – a great many of them are AoE and hit stupidly hard when upscaled.

I run zerker and i’m glassy as can be, so no i’m not tanky it can not be be my armor rating. Warriors and Guardians are being completely ignored by the trash mobs.
And that applies to other pve content as well. Tequatl’s fingers throw their poison puddles at elementalists only. The embers from the Fire Elemental world boss attack and go after elementalists only. The shadows at the Risen Priest of Grenth boss attack elementalists only. The Spider Queen and Kohler in Ascalon Catacombs also attack elementalists only ignoring every other class around. The aggro mechanic needs to focus on heavy armor classes and not on squishy elementalists. ArenaNet needs to make ele’s either tanky enough to survive or make us immune to aggro. I’m getting sick and tired of being the one who every mob/boss attacks first.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fanta.8049

Fanta.8049

Okay just sayin friend … after reading all the comments i think you should delete your ele already .. just sayin … im not pro but good enough to survive .
“I run zerker and i’m glassy as can be” ….

in Elementalist

cheese.4739

I run zerker and i’m glassy as can be, so no i’m not tanky it can not be be my armor rating.

Well, this explains why absolutely everything kills you in one hit.

I’m pretty sure that the problem here is selective reporting - you’re not experiencing the aggro/incoming damage as another class, so you assume it must only be Elementalists who are targeted.

A couple of ideas as to what’s going on:
- you’re too busy checking to see if anyone else is getting damaged, and not paying attention to the AoE you’re standing right in the middle of.
- your glassy build means you go down after the first attack, and you can’t tell what’s happening to other players due to the blurred red downed effects.

And a couple of more serious ones:
- in huge events, there are so many attacks/AoEs going about that of course some of them are going to hit you - I mentioned this last post.
- culling. This is a technique used to increase framerates, by not drawing everything in the area all the time. In zerg-based content, this means that very frequently you’ll only be able to see the enemies who you’re interacting with (attacking/being attacked by), and you actually have no idea how other players are doing and who else has aggro from other enemies. You feel like everything is going after you, but every other player experiences things pretty similarly.

The culling is probably the main issue, along with your running full glass for events that are just great big tagging competitions (srsly, just get an exotic pvt set for such events, and hit as many enemies as possible (if relevant to the event) - you’ll last much longer and get more loot due to not lying on the floor). Save your glass set for situations requiring skilled combat.

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

Have you ever considered you are down all the time because you are playing gulp a ‘meta’ build? Play what gives decent damage and comfortable surviability.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Elementalist

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

If you buff ele survivability you have to reduce their damage. Then they lose their biggest sell and end up being inferior engineers.

in Elementalist

ElexOrieN.2130

Okay just sayin friend … after reading all the comments i think you should delete your ele already .. just sayin … im not pro but good enough to survive .
“I run zerker and i’m glassy as can be” ….

Delete my 3000 hour ele that i’ve invested so much time and gold into? Nope! I never hab problems surviving being squishy, Escape from Lion’s Arch is the first time ever that i have real problems surviving because of the aggro problem that elementalist has.

you’re too busy checking to see if anyone else is getting damaged, and not paying attention to the AoE you’re standing right in the middle of.

Etherblades and Molten Alliance are the ones that one-hit me out of nowhere and they do that without AOE. And i do pay attention to my character and my skills etc. but i also see the others around me. It’s called “paying attention” surely you heard of that before.

srsly, just get an exotic pvt set for such events, and hit as many enemies as possible

And hit like a wet noodle. Don’t you read the guides? Glassy zerker is how the elementalist is played in pve if you don’t run full DPS you’re playing the elementalist wrong. Toughness and Vitality does not kill enemies faster.

Have you ever considered you are down all the time because you are playing gulp a ‘meta’ build? Play what gives decent damage and comfortable surviability.

Play a non zerker/pve build and do almost no damage, as mentioned toughness and vitality does not make you kill mobs faster. Also non of you read my previous posts. I never had problems with running a squishy full glass build in pve before. I already did high fractals and dungeons with it without any problems. I’m not some noob who doesn’t know how to play.

in Elementalist

Ephemeral.5409

you’re too busy checking to see if anyone else is getting damaged, and not paying attention to the AoE you’re standing right in the middle of.

Etherblades and Molten Alliance are the ones that one-hit me out of nowhere and they do that without AOE. And i do pay attention to my character and my skills etc. but i also see the others around me. It’s called “paying attention” surely you heard of that before.

My warrior and guardian get 1 hit out of no where as well, it’s just the nature of the content. Stop QQing and accept that you’re going to go down in content like this. If you can’t handle playing a glassy ele, reroll.

in Elementalist

ElexOrieN.2130

If you buff ele survivability you have to reduce their damage.

Why? By that logic warriors should do the lowest damage in the game. Where is it writen as a rule that ele’s should not have good survivability and do high damage? Isn’t elementalist “jack of all trades”?! Survivability is also a trait. Which means low hp and armor is NOT jack of all trades. Warrior have good support via banners, have high hp and armor and do high damage. So warrior is jack of all trades, not elementalist. And now, bring up one good solid reason why ele’s shouldn’t get better survivability. And “because their damage would have to be reduced if” is not a valid argument.

Then they lose their biggest sell and end up being inferior engineers.

Have you ever looked at the LFG Tool? It’s warrior, guardian and mesmer only. Now if ele’s were that good wouldn’t everyone want ele’s in their groups? Why are there no “lfg cof p1 ele only” searches? if ele is that kitten good? Why do we need a guardian beside us to stay alive if ele is that good of a class?
This basically just biased fanboys trying to delude themselves and others that they are playing something that’s good in every aspect of the game. Stop lying and accept the bitter truth : “Ele NEEDS a buff”

(edited by ElexOrieN.2130)

in Elementalist

Ephemeral.5409

Looks like this is a l2p issue everyone, nothing to see here. Either that, or troll bait. 2/10

in Elementalist

ElexOrieN.2130

Looks like this is a l2p issue everyone, nothing to see here. Either that, or troll bait. 2/10

Over 3000 hours. Done high level fractals and dungeons. L2p issue. Yeah right why don’t you get back trolling on 4chan.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I have over 1,600 Toughness and i am taking 10-11k single hits….
It makes you wonder what is the point of Armor and Toughness on a class like Ele if no matter how much you have it is never enough. Though its even worse in WvW where i have been hit for 16k damage from a class you can’t see coming, from a skill that costs them NOTHING…

in Elementalist

ElexOrieN.2130

My warrior and guardian get 1 hit out of no where as well, it’s just the nature of the content. Stop QQing and accept that you’re going to go down in content like this. If you can’t handle playing a glassy ele, reroll.

If you’re warrior and guardian go down in one hit than you, your build, your gear are bad, really BAD. Stop QQing and trying to pretend that elementalist is in a good state right now. If you can’t play ele, warrior and guardian right, then you should stop playing gw2.

in Elementalist

cheese.4739

Etherblades and Molten Alliance are the ones that one-hit me out of nowhere and they do that without AOE. And i do pay attention to my character and my skills etc. but i also see the others around me. It’s called "paying attention" surely you heard of that before.

srsly, just get an exotic pvt set for such events, and hit as many enemies as possible

And hit like a wet noodle. Don’t you read the guides? Glassy zerker is how the elementalist is played in pve if you don’t run full DPS you’re playing the elementalist wrong. Toughness and Vitality does not kill enemies faster.

Okay so you just cherry pick things you feel you can directly argue against, and don’t even acknowledge that part of your problem might be not seeing other folks getting aggro due to culling?

Well, I guess I should reply to these two pices:

With regards to ’paying attention’: those two ’points I made’ were in jest, which I thought would be clear from the next section starting with ’And a couple of more serious ones...’.

And on the pvt/zerker/’meta’ issue: you are in open-world zerg based content. Your individual damage is negligible - doing 50% more damage yourself is watered down significantly by the 50 other people there.
Against world bosses like teq, your ’meta builds’ are actually pointless - you can’t crit against such things, so you’re wasting your two minor stats by running zerk.

The ’meta builds’ that you’re running are the dungeon meta, not open-world PvE - and if you can’t survive while in an organised group in dungeons (which is what such builds are designed for), then it’s you that’s playing badly, not the class that’s inherently flawed.

tl;dr: use pvt (or something else with any survival stats) for open world, zerg-based PvE, learn the content that meta builds are designed for, and apply them there instead of just thinking that they’ll work well in every situation.

in Elementalist

sorrychief.2563

Don’t forget to spam your autoattacks at mobs 1,500 units away.

champion magus

in Elementalist

Ephemeral.5409

Don’t forget to spam your autoattacks at mobs 1,500 units away.

staff guardian for dat dere loot

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

It’s not the AOE’s that kill me constantly, it’s for example those Etherblade veterans & elites/champions who all focus in on me and attack no one else but me and the other elementalists.

Then how do you know that they really are focusing you? Like I said, there will be lots of players in there. You can’t really know if monsters really are focusing you or you were just having a bad RNG day or you have l2p positioning issues. It’s not like you are the only single person who downs in the event, is it?

in Elementalist

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP

Some of the mobs 1shot even guardians. It is not an ele issue. It’s just a poorly designed event.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

If you buff ele survivability you have to reduce their damage.

Why? By that logic warriors should do the lowest damage in the game. Where is it writen as a rule that ele’s should not have good survivability and do high damage? Isn’t elementalist “jack of all trades”?! Survivability is also a trait. Which means low hp and armor is NOT jack of all trades. Warrior have good support via banners, have high hp and armor and do high damage. So warrior is jack of all trades, not elementalist. And now, bring up one good solid reason why ele’s shouldn’t get better survivability. And “because their damage would have to be reduced if” is not a valid argument.

Then they lose their biggest sell and end up being inferior engineers.

Have you ever looked at the LFG Tool? It’s warrior, guardian and mesmer only. Now if ele’s were that good wouldn’t everyone want ele’s in their groups? Why are there no “lfg cof p1 ele only” searches? if ele is that kitten good? Why do we need a guardian beside us to stay alive if ele is that good of a class?
This basically just biased fanboys trying to delude themselves and others that they are playing something that’s good in every aspect of the game. Stop lying and accept the bitter truth : “Ele NEEDS a buff”

Everybody DOES want eles. Go check speedclear vids, they’re all eles. The ele is the straight DPS class, they hit absurdly hard but also go down very quickly.

As for warriors? That HB number you’re so proud of? Lava Font outdamages it. And is a .2 second cast. And recharges in 6.5s. And you also have Meteor Shower and Fireball for even more damage while it’s on cooldown.

in Elementalist

ElexOrieN.2130

Okay so you just cherry pick things you feel you can directly argue against

You ripped my previous posts completely out of context. You have have never seen me play my characters. So what gives you the right to judge me and my skill? Here let me judge you too : “You are the typical elementalist fanboy. You are a liar, you are stubborn, you are ignorant and have no viable arguments. You are just a deluded ele fanboy who forces his views and opinions unto others.”

Against world bosses like teq, your ‘meta builds’ are actually pointless – you can’t crit against such things, so you’re wasting your two minor stats by running zerk.

I have different armor sets not just zerker, again you judge something you have no idea of. Tequatl, Jormags Claw, The Shatterer, Shadow Behemoth, Inquest Golem Mark II, Fire Elemental and the Great Jungle Wurm are the only bosses that can not be crited, these bosses are only a very small part of pve so your statement is once again totally out of context.

The ‘meta builds’ that you’re running are the dungeon meta, not open-world PvE – and if you can’t survive while in an organised group in dungeons (which is what such builds are designed for), then it’s you that’s playing badly, not the class that’s inherently flawed.

Learn to read. This is once again out of context because i’ve already stated several times that i do dungeon & fractals with this build but you don’t seem to understand that. Must be a “my brain only operates on stand by mode” issue on your part.

use pvt (or something else with any survival stats) for open world, zerg-based PvE, learn the content that meta builds are designed for, and apply them there instead of just thinking that they’ll work well in every situation.

No matter how much you stuff yourself with toughness and vitality an ele will never be as tanky as a warrior or a guardian and even with over 20k HP and over 2k toughness that ele can still go down pretty quickly. But arguing with a ele fanboy is a lost cause because your stubborn and ignorant and a part of the problem. It’s people like you that are the reason why the elementalist is so weak right now, because you deny the truth and facts.

in Elementalist

ElexOrieN.2130

Everybody DOES want eles.

Nope warrior, guardian and mesmer are the most wanted classes in dungeons.

Go check speedclear vids, they’re all eles.

There are also speed clear videos of all the other classes, so what’s your point? Your just another deluded ele fanboy.

The ele is the straight DPS class, they hit absurdly hard but also go down very quickly.

And that is the elementalists biggest design mistake.

As for warriors? That HB number you’re so proud of? Lava Font outdamages it.

Nope once again. Hundred blades ticks HP down faster. Also elementalists problem isn’t the damage, but that the class has no survivability. You have just like the others before you completely missed the topic.

in Elementalist

ElexOrieN.2130

Then how do you know that they really are focusing you? Like I said, there will be lots of players in there. You can’t really know if monsters really are focusing you or you were just having a bad RNG day or you have l2p positioning issues. It’s not like you are the only single person who downs in the event, is it?

I can see when lots of trash mobs are chasing after me ignoring the warriors etc. standing much closer to the mobs than me. The mobs run past other classes even when those other classes are attacking those mobs. Warriors can spam hundred blades on an elite molten dredge without being attacked by that dredge, instead that dredge goes right after me if i just hit him with a fireball at 1200 range. That how every mob in this game reacts, they always go for the elementalist first ignoring other classes completely.

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

There are also speed clear videos of all the other classes, so what’s your point? Your just another deluded ele fanboy.

The ele is the straight DPS class, they hit absurdly hard but also go down very quickly.

Nope once again. Hundred blades ticks HP down faster. Also elementalists problem isn’t the damage, but that the class has no survivability. You have just like the others before you completely missed the topic.

Dude, just chill.

The day when elementalists get auto kicked from dungeons are over. Elementalist along with guardian is actually among the top choices for organized dungeon groups now as long as they know how and when to properly stack might and use FGS. You can say that Warriors and Guardians are “Pug-Proof” for random dungeon groups because they’re really easy to play compared to elementalist.

I don’t think many people consider an Elementalist’s low HP and armor as a big issue in PVE. Everyone goes full zerker and what you need to do is to just dodge one shot kill skills. This is the reason why Crit Damage is getting nerfed, just maximize your damage while avoiding, not tanking, life threatening attacks.

I can see when lots of trash mobs are chasing after me ignoring the warriors etc. standing much closer to the mobs than me. The mobs run past other classes even when those other classes are attacking those mobs. Warriors can spam hundred blades on an elite molten dredge without being attacked by that dredge, instead that dredge goes right after me if i just hit him with a fireball at 1200 range. That how every mob in this game reacts, they always go for the elementalist first ignoring other classes completely.

I don’t think there’s a real basis here that Elementalists are the number 1 targets in the Aggro table. People can claim the same thing on any other class. I down a lot as well in LA using my Elementalist and Engineer but I see every single class down as much.

(edited by Kyon.9735)

in Elementalist

sorrychief.2563

Fear not brothers and sisters of Tyria. My sources have confirmed to me if you are in trouble of being focused down, either pve or pvp format once an elementalist walks into the room they will instantly draw all aggro and selflessy save you.

champion magus

in Elementalist

Ephemeral.5409

Fear not brothers and sisters of Tyria. My sources have confirmed to me if you are in trouble of being focused down, either pve or pvp format once an elementalist walks into the room they will instantly draw all aggro and selflessy save you.

new PVE dungeon strat: get ele to walk into room and run around like a headless chicken while everyone else cleaves down trash

in Elementalist

cheese.4739

Okay, it’s just l2p issues on the part of OP, who continues to just really want to get annoyed at people for not hating on their class.

If you’re struggling in dungeons, you’re not playing builds right or you’re not stacking well, so it’s l2p.

If you’re struggling in open-world PvE events, or zerg-tastic content like LA right now, you’re either: running builds that are far too glassy for the content; not fighting at an appropriate range; or not backing off when you should and are just trying to facetank. Also l2p.

And with regards to ’nobody else gets aggro in such situations’:

- dungeons: stacking. If you run away from the stack and pull all the aggro, it’s your fault if you die and it’s your fault if your group kicks you for messing things up. For certain foes, mostly bosses, their aggro isn’t really understood and they may pick folks at random or due to dps ability or due to vit or toughness. Do you know what else your group is running and exactly how the boss decides who to attack?
- zerg-based content: culling. You can’t /see/ what everyone else has aggro from, though they might get downed less than you because they’re simply playing better.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Sounds like a fire only ele … meh :o I think the ele is pretty ok in PvE. Best damage and tons of save skills. If you die you didn’t react.

However yes I also think upscaling the mobs in LA is just a bad joke. “We have no idea how to make them harder, LETS MAKE THEM LV 85!!!” … srsly :/ I was happy when I saw the NC mobs that dodged, revived allies and did something smart. We need more of those instead of “more dmg, more hp, much level, wow” mobs…

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Elementalist

Posted by: lchan.2169

lchan.2169

Keep your distance. I play staff 30/30/0/0/10 all berserk with scholar rune. I’m not even a glass canon. I am far more fragile then that, but I can pound the mobs stupidly and maybe die once in the entire 50min

in Elementalist

cheese.4739

However yes I also think upscaling the mobs in LA is just a bad joke. “We have no idea how to make them harder, LETS MAKE THEM LV 85!!!” … srsly :/ I was happy when I saw the NC mobs that dodged, revived allies and did something smart. We need more of those instead of “more dmg, more hp, much level, wow” mobs…

The reason for the huge numbers of upleveled mobs is that there are huge numbers of players too… the problem lies with trying to make zomg hueg epic events that take more than 10s for a large group to complete.

I really like the open world that we have, and appreciate what they’re trying to do with the living story, but for interesting combat we really need small groups, such as instances – and preferably not just several small events that can fail due to one other small group messing up (as could happen in the Marionette fight if one platform had someone kiting boss 2 in hueg circles).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Keep your distance. I play staff 30/30/0/0/10 all berserk with scholar rune. I’m not even a glass canon. I am far more fragile then that, but I can pound the mobs stupidly and maybe die once in the entire 50min

Almost the same. Just 30/20/0/0/20 here, since vigor on crit aswell staff range are a must have imo. We don’t do many attacks and others can stack vulnerability better anyway.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Guanglai Kangyi has done is research on this trust me. I am not even a big PvE guy but I know who he is and he is one of the best PvE theorycrafters out there. When he said that lava font out damages 100blades he didn’t say that just because he said it because the math says so. I also don’t think he mains Ele as I seen most of his posts over in the Warrior or Guardian forums.

Yes I am on all the forums alot. Except engineer and ranger since I don’t have those classes and you can tell that people respect his research even on reddit.

On topic this thread is about the LA escape event right now. I started on my Ele and just run it on my necro now surviving isnt the problem (I’m running staff) it’s damage and you can’t really see so the necro is more tag proof then ele this is running mostly condition damage with rampager trinkets I’m am pulling in 3x more bags on my Necro because it’s easier to tag.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

Guanglai Kangyi has done is research on this trust me. I am not even a big PvE guy but I know who he is and he is one of the best PvE theorycrafters out there. When he said that lava font out damages 100blades he didn’t say that just because he said it because the math says so. I also don’t think he mains Ele as I seen most of his posts over in the Warrior or Guardian forums.

Yes I am on all the forums alot. Except engineer and ranger since I don’t have those classes and you can tell that people respect his research even on reddit.

On topic this thread is about the LA escape event right now. I started on my Ele and just run it on my necro now surviving isnt the problem (I’m running staff) it’s damage and you can’t really see so the necro is more tag proof then ele this is running mostly condition damage with rampager trinkets I’m am pulling in 3x more bags in the even on my necro.

We (at least me) are not dissing off his credibility. What I’m trying to say is that elementalists in PVE aren’t in a bad spot right now, they’re actually one of the best. In PVE specifically dungeons, having low health and low armor doesn’t really hinder elementalists from shining because all you need to do is to dodge hard hitting spells which can be easily telegraphed in dungeons.

In other large world events especially Wurm and Tequatl, there are organized groups (like TTS) and they like having elementalists (for the frost bow) on their side. Being organized can make it easier for the whole team to see the AoE circles and stack up boons and healing.

However, LA Living Story is a very big Zerg event and it can be near impossible to see all the AoE circles on the ground along with the fact that culling exists which prevents you seeing everything. As it is, I don’t think people can properly organize events such as this. People are scattered everywhere making it hard to see how many AoE circles you’re stepping on.

This is my personal opinion, I think it has always been easier to tag mobs using a necromancer than an elementalist. But yeah, Necromancer’s large HP pool and 2nd HP pool helps a lot in an RNG festival like LA.

in Elementalist

ElexOrieN.2130

Okay, it’s just l2p issues on the part of OP, who continues to just really want to get annoyed at people for not hating on their class.

L2p has nothing to do with broken game mechanics. Typical ele fanboy ignoring facts.

If you’re struggling in dungeons, you’re not playing builds right or you’re not stacking well, so it’s l2p.

Spiderqueen and Kohler kill ele’s when they stack because don’t have the health or armor to survive stacking. Once again you completely missed the topic.

If you’re struggling in open-world PvE events, or zerg-tastic content like LA right now, you’re either: running builds that are far too glassy for the content; not fighting at an appropriate range; or not backing off when you should and are just trying to facetank. Also l2p.

Vitality and toughness don’t help. I sad that many times before but you don’t listen.

dungeons: stacking. If you run away from the stack and pull all the aggro, it’s your fault if you die and it’s your fault if your group kicks you for messing things up. For certain foes, mostly bosses, their aggro isn’t really understood and they may pick folks at random or due to dps ability or due to vit or toughness. Do you know what else your group is running and exactly how the boss decides who to attack?

Spiderqueen and Kohler down/kill me because i stack with others. Ele does not have the health and armor that is needed to survive stacking. Seriously everyone of your posts is worthless, all you do is post random stuff that has nothing to do with topic. Get yourself a working brain and stop trolling kid.

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

my ele never dies there, bring some defensive utilities and stop facetanking everything?

Also I survive stacking in AC just fine too (I use valkyries armour) If you can’t avoid damage (kohler does not attack faster than you can dodge) you should make it up with tankier gear. Also our heals give us plenty of hp to survive stacking.

It’s not the class. It’s you.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

(edited by emikochan.8504)

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

L2p has nothing to do with broken game mechanics. Typical ele fanboy ignoring facts.

Spiderqueen and Kohler kill ele’s when they stack because don’t have the health or armor to survive stacking. Once again you completely missed the topic.

Vitality and toughness don’t help. I sad that many times before but you don’t listen.

dungeons: stacking. If you run away from the stack and pull all the aggro, it’s your fault if you die and it’s your fault if your group kicks you for messing things up. For certain foes, mostly bosses, their aggro isn’t really understood and they may pick folks at random or due to dps ability or due to vit or toughness. Do you know what else your group is running and exactly how the boss decides who to attack?

Spiderqueen and Kohler down/kill me because i stack with others. Ele does not have the health and armor that is needed to survive stacking. Seriously everyone of your posts is worthless, all you do is post random stuff that has nothing to do with topic. Get yourself a working brain and stop trolling kid.

I was having a big problem with those 2 AC bosses too at first. One thing I learned from dying a lot was to use my dodges to its full potential. My dungeon build has Renewing Stamina which allows me to have permanent Vigor. If you drop FGS, you have a total of 3 evasions (2 dodges, 1 from Fiery Whirl). Save your dodges until Kohler starts spinning. As for Spiderqueen, I don’t drop my FGS there. You’ll have enough dodges with vigor. You also have to make sure that your group have enough DPS to avoid prolonged fights.

Also, bring enough condi clears because the bleeds in AC stack up fast and really hurt if left alone.

(edited by Kyon.9735)

in Elementalist

cheese.4739

Okay, how about this: I have now finished all of the Lion’s Arch living story achivements, I have tagged enough foes and participated enough to get enough loot to get my backpiece up to ascended level, and done this without dying unless I either stopped paying attention, took on more foes than I reasonably should have alone (they’re called group events for a reason), or got stuck in the terrain (which probably counts as not paying attention, since I usually got stuck by falling through holes in bridges).

I don’t die noticeably more often than my allies in dungeons or fractals, and I’m pleased with how I perform in PvP.

I can do it, other folks can do it; why can’t you?

in Elementalist

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Yea not sure what you’re complaining about OP… you’re quote here…

“This meta clearly shows more than anything ever before that the elementalist needs a massive armor & HP buff. Elementalists are simply TOO fragile to survive in Lion’s Arch right now. "

Please, do tell how on earth does this 1 event = ELE SURVIVABLITY IS LOL JOKE.
You do realize you said you are doing just fine IN EVERY OTHER PHASE of this game right?

“i run the PVE meta build and i never had problems with it, even in previous hard fights my ele managed to stay alive”

Congrats on contradicting yourself I guess?

Ele absolutely is doing well in most of the game and have viable builds all across the board for ALL CONTENT in gw2 (unlike rangers, theives, necro, etc)

You can’t say ele needs massive buffs and hp simply because you are getting killed in a freaking event with vets and elites left and right… everyone is dying lol.

Quit crying and stop doing this event if you die so much… I completed everything I needed for ascended backpeice of this event (so im not entering this zone ever again lol) all on my ranger and ele in about 5 events (roughly 120-150 bags per event)… yea I died, big freaking deal, rally and do it again, quit your whining. I died way more on my ranger than I did on my ele..

Anet has absolutely no reason to give a HUGE hp /armor buff to ele lol. I can see a reason to at least buff HP simply because lowest HP+armor in the game is flat out unfair, but you make it sound as if you are getting owned in every single phase of the game… this is one freaking temporary event and you are calling for a massive buff to hp/armor just based on this ONE event?

get real, anet please ignore this troll

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

This thread is garbage. Please close it. It’s misleading and incorrect.

Bad players get nowhere on elementalist. When will they learn that? We need a sticky.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Over 3000 hours. Done high level fractals and dungeons. L2p issue. Yeah right why don’t you get back trolling on 4chan.

I doubt you have 3000 hours, I dont think someone who actually has the knowledge of an ele would complain this much.

So, here’s something you can do.

Post a screenie of your build. and your utilities.

make a gameplay vid of what you do during these events.

You seem to be having way to much of a hassle with this and are either not telling the whole truth or you are making some really silly mistakes in these events.

Something you can do to help with your survivability
Use a focus.
use mist form
watch for AoE’s
Dont stand under enemies
use reflects
use arcane shield
spec for survivability
Go re-roll to the warrior and see how much better you do, its an easy class for people that dont play this game hardcore and is easier for people with slow reflexes and less awareness to play.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

There is no such things as PvE meta.

Anything and everything can work in PvE.

I feel like meta gets thrown around too much.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

I vote for this thread to close. It is not constructive when the op completely thinks what he experiences is the one and only fact and whoever disagree is called a fanboy or a troll by this person. It is clearly a l2p issue when you have many others that run completely glassy (myself included) yet they don’t experience what the op stated on the current made up “pve meta”

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

in Elementalist

cheese.4739

There is no such things as PvE meta.

Anything and everything can work in PvE.

I feel like meta gets thrown around too much.

There are definitely PvE metas; people will always look for the most efficient setup to run a dungeon or event chain, though the current state of the game means that this is almost universally “go zerk and learn when to dodge”.

It’s entirely possible to map open-world PvE without any trait points allocated, and with random utilities selected for you, but this doesn’t mean that more thought-out builds can’t do it easier, better, and more efficiently.

While the PvE meta isn’t as ‘important’ as the WvW/PvP meta(s), it’s still relevant with regards to group content or general ease of play – but just as you need to use a different playstyle when roaming in WvW to mapping in PvE, you also need to play differently when doing certain areas/objectives in PvE, like by not blindspamming dredge*, or not looking for damage bonuses from precision/crit dmg when fighting static ‘epic’ foes, or running with high toughness/vit/heals/cleanse when visiting orr only to gather crafting materials.

*I’ll admit that it took me /far/ too long to cotton on to this, and I’d struggled my way through a large amount of dredge content before realising that I could have a much easier time by just focusing on killing the things.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stogzlol.4795

Stogzlol.4795

I run FULL zerker ele in LA and survive without any issues what so ever.

If you think you can’t survive PvE, go try PvP. We are kittening cat nip to thieves.

in Elementalist

Ephemeral.5409

I run FULL zerker ele in LA and survive without any issues what so ever.

If you think you can’t survive PvE, go try PvP. We are kittening cat nip to thieves.

Yeah, I just used 30/10/10/20/0 SD +LH full zerk with no problems. Definitely a l2p issue.