Elementalist upcoming balance

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Anyone have any guesses on what it’ll be?

I’m guessing it’ll be better defense against projectiles, jduging from the Ranger rebalance. Between the shorter cooldown on Entangle and the near instant 6k+ damage spike on Rapid Fire, unless eles get something, they’ll be insta downed by rangers.

Yes, I know you can technically defend against it. But boy, you’ll need some fast reflexes for that. Rapid fire looks insane…

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Well, take a focus, rangers will instantly suicide.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

They’ll reduce our base health pool and increase our cooldowns.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

There are upcoming balance changes for the ele? Can I get a source please? Sorry, I’ve been away from update news for a while.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

I hope there won’t be any drastic changes.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

I hope there are drastic changes for fire and air trait lines. The master tiers are so lacking!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I hope they increase it’s damage overall, but fix that godkitten FGS. Really, An Ele is nothing more than a FGS delivery right now.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I too hope for better reasons not to go full arcane and water. It could be a good change to have more viable fire magic builds that are as attractive as arcane and water.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Deathcon.5903

Deathcon.5903

I hope they increase it’s damage overall, but fix that godkitten FGS. Really, An Ele is nothing more than a FGS delivery right now.

Try playing Mesmer then and you would never say soemthing so silly. Elementist are much more than a FGS delivery system, they have a role in every game mode.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Engineer’s tornado is going to become a lightning field in addition to its whirl finisher, so I assume the same will happen to elementalist’s elite.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Try playing Mesmer then and you would never say soemthing so silly. Elementist are much more than a FGS delivery system, they have a role in every game mode.

Very true. This is also why I like Ele so much. No matter the setting, you are always relevant and useful. Also, the play style is very rewarding. I personally don’t use the FGS all that often myself to be honest and my presence is definitely not trivial far from it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Modify the scepter shatterstone, dagger lightning touch, focus firewall and fire shield skills. Reduce overall effectiveness of all bunker builds. There’s nothing more forgiving than these builds. It is like saying “it doesn’t matter how much you outplay me and how many mistakes i make in our 1v1, I can always heal myself backup.”.

P.S: Where is it announced we are getting a balance patch soon?

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

What’s wrong with lightning touch? :o

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

Modify the scepter shatterstone, dagger lightning touch, focus firewall and fire shield skills. Reduce overall effectiveness of all bunker builds. There’s nothing more forgiving than these builds. It is like saying “it doesn’t matter how much you outplay me and how many mistakes i make in our 1v1, I can always heal myself backup.”.

Really? They’ve nerfed bunker ele, and then reverted some of those changes, and now you want them to nerf bunker ele again?

I am a teef
:)

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

I think it is sufficient to say that when playing dagger main hand it is best to use another air auto attack than to cast this skill…

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Engineer’s tornado is going to become a lightning field in addition to its whirl finisher, so I assume the same will happen to elementalist’s elite.

Oh yes! I didn’t consider that this could happen. Tiny bit more damage from brutal bolts in MS+tornado combo.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

I think it is sufficient to say that when playing dagger main hand it is best to use another air auto attack than to cast this skill…

its nice weakness tho, i use it right when i am about to change attunements for a whole 6 s weakness on enemy

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Elementalist

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

Oh yes! I didn’t consider that this could happen. Tiny bit more damage from brutal bolts in MS+tornado combo.

yes, I hope ele’s tornado would get the same change as engi’s

in Elementalist

Wyrden.4713

i cant burn enemys no longer in my focus firewall w tornado anymore due to that field!

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Elementalist

Neko.9021

i cant burn enemys no longer in my focus firewall w tornado anymore due to that field!

Lay the fire field first, then use Tornado (which uhhh… you’d have to do anyway). The first field down takes precedence.

in Elementalist

Wyrden.4713

Lay the fire field first, then use Tornado (which uhhh… you’d have to do anyway). The first field down takes precedence.

doesnt always work, but we gonna see

u know when u put icefield, then a fire field on the ice field, sometimes u get might over frost aura

not sure if bug

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Elementalist

Neko.9021

doesnt always work, but we gonna see

u know when u put icefield, then a fire field on the ice field, sometimes u get might over frost aura

not sure if bug

For sure a bug. The first field down should always take priority.

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Strangely this skill has a high priority for me (in PvP), the weakness is just so strong!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Neko.9021

Strangely this skill has a high priority for me (in PvP), the weakness is just so strong!

Weakness is roughly 25% less direct damage. It’s very strong in all formats. Not enough Dagger Eles add Lightning Touch to their rotation.

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

It’s way more than just 25% damage reduction because it bypasses crits: weakness effectively reduces crit chance by 50%! Therefore it is very strong against classes that rely on crit procs a lot (mesmers, thieves, etc).

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Weakness also affects dodging.

Lightning Touch’s effects should be really good, but it has the same problem with Fire Grab: it’ll miss for every single little, unexpected thing.

You want to rely on it, but then you can’t reply on it. Very annoying.

in Elementalist

cheese.4739

It’s way more than just 25% damage reduction because it bypasses crits: weakness effectively reduces crit chance by 50%! Therefore it is very strong against classes that rely on crit procs a lot (mesmers, thieves, etc).

Yeah weakness used to be utterly terrible, as it had no effect on crits so crit-heavy builds effectively ignored the condition. It became many times more effective when the patch allowing it to turn crits into glances was released.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Dear Anet

I have 1 request

Please increase the radius of Aura sharing

-Thanks, FUzz

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

I don’t think there will be any change for Elementalist. The class still relies heavily on water/arcana traits to be viable, the Fire traitline is still bad, and most of other classes get major benefits from minor traits.

p.s: only talking about WvW/PvP

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

I don’t think there will be any change for Elementalist. The class still relies heavily on water/arcana traits to be viable, the Fire traitline is still bad, and most of other classes get major benefits from minor traits.

p.s: only talking about WvW/PvP

They have attempted to give us defensive options in fire and air: weakness on interrupting foes and blind on burn. The problem is that these grand-master traits are not that strong and their corresponding master tier traits are all weak or rid of synergies.

As for Elemental contingency and Stone heart, even with my greatest mental effort I can not understand what Anet was thinking when releasing them.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Grevender.9235

@Zelyhn:
more than a solution, looks like a joke to me. Black Powder field is 10000 better than Blinding Ashes (universal, no need for positioning or being stuck into a single attunement, aoe, no internal cooldown….. and it’s not like Thief has minor burst compared to Elementalist)
My mesmer has many more interrupt skills and gets many more benefits from doing so, everything while I sit somewhere waiting for my victim to melt.
Stone Heart: not bad, but again, being stuck on a single attunement totally defeats the class mechanic (attunement dancing).
So yeah, beats me what A.Net was thinking.

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Well anet still does not understand that the attunement cooldown with 6 points in arcana is not 10 seconds. What can we do if they do not even read the guides I make for them?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I hope there are drastic changes for fire and air trait lines. The master tiers are so lacking!

Try earth, the master traits would be great if they weren’t conditional to the point that you get no use out of them most fights.

in Elementalist

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Really? They’ve nerfed bunker ele, and then reverted some of those changes, and now you want them to nerf bunker ele again?

He plays full dps ele and has hated anything bunker since the end of time. Saying that about bunker is saying the same thing to full glass dps where if they somehow manage to get the jump on you (like wvw gank) and unload every skill in the game and 100%→0 you that is somehow skillful play? Stop trying to funnel Ele into one play style and let players decide if they want more dps or bunker. Like if you are complaining about bunker look at guardians in wvw :/

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I wouldn’t mind seeing improvements, reworks, or replacements to traits that are never used, improvements to focus skills, a couple of staff skills, and hopefully to our elites and utilities.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

They’ll reduce our base health pool and increase our cooldowns.

I can see them do that, but I would not be much surprised if they decided to “tone down” damage as well. Just to make sure

They also could fix our elites by halving their up time and reducing effectiveness! Can’t wait!

disclaimer for anet: above is just jokes do not take it seriously, ele need proper fixing

OT: fix focus fire skills, reduce focus cooldows, bring back rtl cooldown, fix fire grab cd and cone, bring back stun breaker to LF, give us proper elites that are actually useful and can make real impact in fight(like other classes can with their), nerf hambow

(edited by Nutshel.7264)

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

And also to tone down our mobility!

Bugfix: if RTL hits a target in dodge/aegis then it properly goes on quadruple cooldown.
New: Lightning flash damages you if you do not hit a target.
New: burning speed now goes backward.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

cheese.4739

And just to make sure Staff users don’t feel left out, Burning Retreat now goes in a random direction.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

If your ele is only good for an FGS, you are doing something wrong.

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

He plays full dps ele and has hated anything bunker since the end of time. Saying that about bunker is saying the same thing to full glass dps where if they somehow manage to get the jump on you (like wvw gank) and unload every skill in the game and 100%->0 you that is somehow skillful play? Stop trying to funnel Ele into one play style and let players decide if they want more dps or bunker. Like if you are complaining about bunker look at guardians in wvw :/

First of all, the builds i play now are not full dps. Secondly, I have played and mastered all build types and all weapon sets with the exception of staff (Bunker, condition, support, dps, hybrid, burst – you name them). I’m not saying take away the bunker builds just modify them to be less effective on 1v1 scenarios. Have you ever faced multiple bunker built players on 1v1?. You can tell the majority are not skillful at all , yet they survive long against you….. only because their build speak for them on healing themselves back up with minor effort/skill. Bunker builds are awesome to start with and in larger scale battles. I still recommend them to newcomers but they are in the category of low risk – high reward. Finally, in my sentence i didn’t isolate only to ele bunker builds.

in Elementalist

Posted by: starlightx.3728

starlightx.3728

I hope they fix the cleansing water trait. It doesn’t work with Cantrip Regens (Soothing Disruption), Undercurrent (Trident skill) or Rune of Dwaynas.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Rune-of-Dwayna-Cleansing-Water-Ele/first#post4242872

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

It does work with cantrip regen

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

I’m intrigued as always when it comes to balance updates but i won’t be surprised though.

Only thing that would surprise me is if chill no longer affected our attunement recharged rate.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mejiora.9584

Mejiora.9584

Doesn’t work with Mist Form though.

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Doesn’t work with Mist Form though.

Ah yes indeed, good point, I don’t usually use mist form since it has been nerfed into oblivion, but heh that’s just one more reason not to use it! gganet

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Grevender.9235

Bugfix: if RTL hits a target in dodge/aegis then it properly goes on quadruple cooldown.

New: your healing skills now properly heals your foe instead of you
New: attunements will now trigger randomly
New: summoned elementals AI and speed slightly reduced* for balance purposes

in Elementalist

Wyrden.4713

New: your healing skills now properly heals your foe instead of you
New: attunements will now trigger randomly
New: summoned elementals AI and speed slightly reduced* for balance purposes and will atk u instead of ur foe

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

The balance change I would love would be to make the 3 point traits in the fire, air, earth, and water lines passive. Then replace the 3 point traits with a -1sec cooldown reduction for that attunement and eliminate the ready to use cooldown of that attunement. It would slightly increase elementalist damage and make use less reliant on 3 water traits for survival. But that is a long shot for that to happen. Overall I just expect staff, focus, and scepter buffs.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

I’d love to see a RTL-fix on blocks/dodges etc. in addition to some trait-changes in Fire/Air – especially the minor / grandmaster traits.
A little buff to the duration of staff-waterfields would be nice too.

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

I agree with bunkers being too strong. Would be nice if bunkers were not based on healing done and maybe instead given some short term damage mitigation skills to block bursts instead. More skillful play, less mindless healing.