I hear rumors from PAX East new weapons will be:

Rumors:

• Engineer – Hammer
  • Mesmer – Shield
  • Ranger – Staff
  • Necro – Greatsword
  • Thief – Rifle
  • Guardian – An bow
  • Elementlist – No new info or rumors , can anybody help ?

Me and others best guess is sword. Still, I like to know if there are new rumors from Pax East. ^^

Elementalist weapon[Pax East]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

Wooden Potatoes thinks it will be a sword. That classifies as a rumour, yes?

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wiz.1543

Wiz.1543

Wooden Potatoes thinks it will be a sword. That classifies as a rumour, yes?

TY I did not knew he thought a sword, while I watch all his video’s + the Visual Wood podcast!

I must have missed it. Do you have a source of the video? <3

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

When you look at the class as a whole:

Staff (1200)
Scepter (900)
Dagger (450)
Focus
Axe (Conjure)
Shield (Conjure)
Bow (Conjure)
Hammer (Conjure)
Greatsword (Conjure)

Then you look at that pistol usually is 900m which we already have Scepter for and Rifle is 1200m which we already have Staff for the most likely candidates for something we don’t already have are Sword, Mace and Horn.

Mace in general is a dud on just about every class. Very few people like using maces and I think most people just try to not think about it as a potential option (me being one of them). Sword on the other hand is more universally appreciated as a weapon in general. Horn isn’t really thought about much but you can see Mesmer is getting an offhand so maybe we could as well. Considering we lack a mid-range (600) weapon and we have a few ranged options it’s likely whatever option we get (outside of Horn) will be 300-600 range.

The biggest problem in speculation is how these will fit into play. The most common association with the Elementalist is Attunement Swap which is our class mechanic. However they’ve already said that Specialization is going to change class mechanics, utilities and traits. A lot of people go, “Oh we will get a sword!” and assume that we’re going to get Fire/Water/Air/Earth sword skills. The classic mechanic change most likely means while we will get a new weapon but not in the way we’re thinking.

Personally I still think the specialization will be Zephyrite Elementalist where we lose attunements and instead weapon we get would have multiple attunement attacks on them like an Air focused 1, Fire focused 2, etc. Class would be focused on mobility to compensate for sudden lack of healing/boons of the base Elementalist class but that really depends if they’re willing to buff HP or change armor amounts. Also has a strong Lore tie in as well.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

I believe I watched it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2KNO4I3c4M

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Well, these prediction may be totally wrong.

I believe, there are multiple option and every veapon could be a splendid addition.
Sword : could come with slashing spells which are pretty simple
Mace : would come with blunt spells befiting a lot the new tech they add with HoT
Torch : is also an option since it’s really worth an element weapon
Horn : is a bit like mace even if i find it hard to imagine skill befiting elementalist with it.
pistol/riffle/longbow : may be an option (well it’s like Horn, it’s hard to imagine but there could be pretty nice things to do with them)

But in all honesty, I’d prefer mace over sword since I struggle to up my mace weapon mastery while sword is maxed since ages.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

I would wager a substantial amount of money it is going to be sword.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zention.1849

Zention.1849

Pistol doesn’t seem to be that far fetched if you ask me.

However I already consider the sword the next usable weapon by the elementalist.

Still, reworking the elementalist, giving it a new touch by not having any attunements also sounds fairly interesting to me.

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto

(edited by Zention.1849)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Skarpa.8203

Skarpa.8203

Sword in right hand and Staff in left hand, just like Gandalf

(edited by Skarpa.8203)

in Elementalist

Posted by: PeerlessArch.6547

PeerlessArch.6547

I for one hope its the Longbow, but since we already have a conjure, maybe shortbow.

It would be cool to have different elemental skills with attunements ala Arcane Archer.

Currently wandering Tarnished Coast
Celestiel Veil – 80 Elementalist
{MOON}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bazanti.7089

Bazanti.7089

Guessing it might be the Torch.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

I personally hope it’s pistol/pistol because, frankly, it doesn’t exist in any meaningful manner.. anywhere. Thief is the only class that can actually do this, but it’s so awful. I find Sword most probable, though. I’ll tell you what though, I’m getting sick of the idea of our crappy barely supported conjures preventing us from getting something like axe.

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

in Elementalist

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

I personally hope it’s pistol/pistol because, frankly, it doesn’t exist in any meaningful manner.. anywhere. Thief is the only class that can actually do this, but it’s so awful. I find Sword most probable, though. I’ll tell you what though, I’m getting sick of the idea of our crappy barely supported conjures preventing us from getting something like axe.

thats what ive been saying, pistol seems like a more likely choice. idk where i remember seeing a mage using a gun, but it was probably from an anime.

Proud TTS member

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Wildstar for a non-anime source of gun + mage, and a couple of tabletop rpg also had them as well.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I’m dying to know what ele weapon is going to be… ANet is so silent about eles… >.>

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Sword followed by Pistol. A warhorn would be hilarious. Maybe for shout buffs.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

steve.2945

Wildstar for a non-anime source of gun + mage, and a couple of tabletop rpg also had them as well.

yeah thats where I was thinking it was from. cant believe i forgot about wildstar ><

Proud TTS member

in Elementalist

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

Doubt it it will be a sword – they’d have to make at least 20 new skills for it + specialization.

It will be an off hand. 8 skills is still more than 5 which is what the rest get, but you know…they’ll make it happen ;>

but you forget that with different class mechanic we can talk about totally different number of skills… if they would somehow change the attunement mechanic of ele, he could get weapon swap and access to only few elements with reduced cooldowns as compensation for number of elements, maybe with some bonus for those attunements, many people talk about pyromancer and other counterparts…

on the other hand, other professions could get different mechanic too, I have heard that guardian could get some stances (dps and support stance) which slightly change how his weapon skills behave, this would mean create second version of every weapon skill guardian already have and his spec would be able to use… that’s much more than just 5 more skills on longbow…

you totally ignore that they said specializations will have somehow changed class mechanic, maybe they will really be worth it as it is a major feature of paid expansion, I don’t know why so many people think that 1 new weapon, few utils and 1 trait line would be called major feature…

I don’t say it will happen, but you have to keep it in mind as we weren’t proven otherwise, we know almost nothing about specializations right now

(edited by MaXi.3642)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

Sword mainhand and pistol offhand would be sweet. Id totally buy like everything in the gemstore if that happened (well not everything but at least a few new skins)

But as far as reality goes id bet on at least a torch offhand (or maybe mainhand?), since no one else seems to be getting one and itd be easy to come up with skills for.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

Hasn’t anybody seen the light armor class with main hand sword and off hand dagger in the first HoT trailer? That is an ele, so → eles get a sword.
How can we know? Because we know every class gets only 1 new weapon. We know for sure that necro gets a greatsword and mesmer gets a shield, So that leaves us with ele, who can wield a dagger already, so it has to be sword main hand.
WoodenPotatoes also speculated sword the same way in a video.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Rumors:

• Engineer – Hammer
  • Mesmer – Shield
  • Ranger – Staff
  • Necro – Greatsword
  • Thief – Rifle
  • Guardian – An bow
  • Elementlist – Sword
    *Revenant – Dagger

Made some changes

in Elementalist

steve.2945

Rumors:

• Engineer – Hammer
  • Mesmer – Shield
  • Ranger – Staff
  • Necro – Greatsword
  • Thief – Rifle
  • Guardian – An bow
  • Elementlist – Sword
    *Revenant – Dagger

Made some changes

on reddit, revenant also gets staff/sword/shield, but it is reddit, so…lol

Proud TTS member

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Rumors:

• Engineer – An Hammer
  • Mesmer – An Shield
  • Ranger – An Staff
  • Necro – An Greatsword
  • Thief – An Rifle
  • Guardian – An bow
  • Elementlist – An Sword
    *Revenant – An Dagger

Made some changes

Made SAne Changes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Rumors:

• Engineer – Bag of Marbles (removes 100 stacks of stability)
  • Mesmer – Shiny Mirror (AoE light saturation )
  • Ranger – Frisbee (new pet control)
  • Necro – Jagged Horror Sock Puppet (Who does not miss it?)
  • Thief – Camouflage Blanket (2H) (magic map sold separately )
  • Guardian – Holy Water Pistol (heal ranged target – also wet shirts)
  • Elementlist – Henshin Pen (Assembles Eletron from Summons)
    *Revenant – Malchor the Sculptor

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

It is still very possible for the new weapon to be off-hand as that alone has more skills to balance than a two-handed weapon on any other profession. While getting an off-hand only is kind of crappy for anyone else it is kind of the place the developers have put themselves in in the general design of elementalist, similarly to how they will probably not (anytime soon) add additional conjuired weapon or kits utilities to the engineer.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Elementalist

Posted by: zaneber.6908

zaneber.6908

I am hoping for sword for a battle mage type. Though I think any of the weapons could make for a cool specialization.
Pistol for example could use the elements to enhance bullets.
Horn could be used to summon different elementals than the ones we have and add buffs.
Bow could be an elemental archer specialization, similar to the summoned but with attunement swap (now we don’t just have a summoned ice bow)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Totbot.4583

Totbot.4583

I’ll be really surprised if its not sword. So far, most of the confirmed and rumored weapons are weapons that fit the classes when compared to other rpgs and fantasy games.

Ranger turning into druid; druid is a common rpg class. Thief getting a refile works as a sniper. In D&D 3ed and Pathfinder, bow using Paladins are powerful. Fantasy engineers using hammers is a pretty common thing. Necro’s using Greatsword has a dark/death knight feel to it. So far, Shield and Mesmer is the only odd man out, but Mesmer is already the odd man out when it comes to the classes since its the most unique class the game has. Every other class fits into common fantasy archtypes already.

Warrior Mages are pretty common and popular, so I highly expect sword for Ele.