Elementalists are underpowered now

in Elementalist

Posted by: Symbol.8526

Symbol.8526

Not gonna even bother explaining it…
You overdid it with your permanent nerfing while buffing everything else.
gg

in Elementalist

Posted by: Senjun.8149

Senjun.8149

Anet nerfs DD, Nerfs fresh air, some eles run scepter/focus now but rarely. I wonder if they will nerf that to force us into using conjured weapons then nerf those to?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Anet nerfs DD, Nerfs fresh air, some eles run scepter/focus now but rarely. I wonder if they will nerf that to force us into using conjured weapons then nerf those to?

In leaked patch notes they said they are buffing staffs.

I’m sure they will then nerf staffs about 2 or 3 weeks later when they think staffs are op.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

You’re wrong, the new buff is already being nerfed.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

DeathPanel.8362

You’re wrong, the new buff is already being nerfed.

They are nerfing the buff before it’s even released?

Is that some sort of time travel nerf?

in Elementalist

MyPuppy.8970

They’ll end up nerfing it anyway, so why bother buffing anything?

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Symbol.8526

Symbol.8526

Not to mention staff is way too boring for me, in fact who uses staff?

in Elementalist

MyPuppy.8970

Well, true enough. So so long animations, and so so slow projectiles.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

they are not underpowered “now”. They have been so right after beta….

in Elementalist

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

eles are fine, though it wouldn’t hurt if some changes were made to a few traits, as well as conjured weapons. Ive seen a few ppl use earth shield for fortify and it’s done them well. If frost bow were to be buffed, then I say the water arrow (#1) gets a moderate healing buff at least and increase the velocity of it.

Fiery greatsword is fine where it’s at (with exception of the cd), considering not a whole lot of ele’s use it, but it is quite effective. The auto attack of it should have a small explosion and ignite enemies within a 180 radius…because fire axe auto does more damage and staff fireball does even more than that :P

Now, Glyph of Renewal has got to be the best rez skill in the game, though warrior’s Battle Standard revives up to 5 allies, G.o.R has a faster cooldown and the range is crazy awesome, with some pretty amazing buffs from Arcane Resurrection. Say 1 of your teammates got downed and is about to get stomped, you can either pop into water for full hp rez and both of you get frost aura for 5 secs, OR you pop into air and cast G.o.R so you teleport that ally to you from a 1200 range, giving you both shock aura ftw.

The armor of earth cantrip has to be on a lower cd, say 60 secs or 75 at least. Same with arcane shield. It’s a good skill on a long cd. Either leave it where it’s at and just increase # of attacks it takes/duration, or lower the cd to 60 secs.
moving on to churning earth…
it does massive damage, but is the easiest to predict next to warrior earthshaker.
Idk if it’d be OP to add 4 stacks of Torment to churning earth if 3-4 stacks of bleeding were removed from it to balance out…haha
Earthquake does not deal “massive damage.” hell, even ring of earth and ring of fire both do more damage…so yeah…how bout a little dmg boost on dat?

I think Geomancer’s Freedom trait would make earth attunement more useful/defensive if cripple/chill/immob wore off 50% faster… op?
Rock Barrier needs to have an armor increase fact…
That’s about all I got for ele…besides upcoming staff buff every1’s been going on about.
D/F is a good defensive-support build to go with ele, besides staff which is nice too. However, something along the lines of 0/10/20/30/10 is pretty good if you just work with it and get used to rotations and stuff. (I in air, v in earth (the other trait is up to you), iii, v, xii in water, and ii in arcane) My utilities I used are cleansing flame, glyph of renewal, arcane shield, glyph of elementals. (healing utl is up to you, so is rune selection and amulet/jewel/sigil)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAodhEmibrxzgjEAkHnYSJDFi4howDlCyA-TgAA1CtIkRJjTGjMSZsyA

sorry i rambled on and on about this, but I’m just throwin my perspective out there…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

I’m sorry, but no, renewal is not the best rez. In fact, its literally the worst with such as insane cd. It doesn’t res half the time, you can’t reliably target it, and it has a longer cast time then it takes to stomp someone. It doesn’t even have a passive like necro does.

Also, for earth shield to be viable, it needs to be instant, have a shorter cd, and be a stun break. Then I would use it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

I’m sorry, but no, renewal is not the best rez. In fact, its literally the worst with such as insane cd. It doesn’t res half the time, you can’t reliably target it, and it has a longer cast time then it takes to stomp someone. It doesn’t even have a passive like necro does.

Also, for earth shield to be viable, it needs to be instant, have a shorter cd, and be a stun break. Then I would use it.

i’ve always rezzed ppl with it and had no problems. It’s better than the necro res if traited with arcane resurrection. Yeah the cd is crazy, but if running powerful aura, g.o.r +arcane resurrection, it’s good. But i see what you’re sayin.

Fortify does need to have a slightly shorter CD and make magnetic surge be a stunbreaker. You’re right that no one will ever use earth shield for the full 60 secs, usually its like 30 sec tops rarely. lowering the cd to 45 would be pretty nice. And just to top it off, earth shield should have more internal charges, not just from the conjurer trait…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

eles are fine, though it wouldn’t hurt if some changes were made to a few traits, as well as conjured weapons. Ive seen a few ppl use earth shield for fortify and it’s done them well. If frost bow were to be buffed, then I say the water arrow (#1) gets a moderate healing buff at least and increase the velocity of it.

Fiery greatsword is fine where it’s at (with exception of the cd), considering not a whole lot of ele’s use it, but it is quite effective. The auto attack of it should have a small explosion and ignite enemies within a 180 radius…because fire axe auto does more damage and staff fireball does even more than that :P

Now, Glyph of Renewal has got to be the best rez skill in the game, though warrior’s Battle Standard revives up to 5 allies, G.o.R has a faster cooldown and the range is crazy awesome, with some pretty amazing buffs from Arcane Resurrection. Say 1 of your teammates got downed and is about to get stomped, you can either pop into water for full hp rez and both of you get frost aura for 5 secs, OR you pop into air and cast G.o.R so you teleport that ally to you from a 1200 range, giving you both shock aura ftw.

The armor of earth cantrip has to be on a lower cd, say 60 secs or 75 at least. Same with arcane shield. It’s a good skill on a long cd. Either leave it where it’s at and just increase # of attacks it takes/duration, or lower the cd to 60 secs.
moving on to churning earth…
it does massive damage, but is the easiest to predict next to warrior earthshaker.
Idk if it’d be OP to add 4 stacks of Torment to churning earth if 3-4 stacks of bleeding were removed from it to balance out…haha
Earthquake does not deal “massive damage.” hell, even ring of earth and ring of fire both do more damage…so yeah…how bout a little dmg boost on dat?

I think Geomancer’s Freedom trait would make earth attunement more useful/defensive if cripple/chill/immob wore off 50% faster… op?
Rock Barrier needs to have an armor increase fact…
That’s about all I got for ele…besides upcoming staff buff every1’s been going on about.
D/F is a good defensive-support build to go with ele, besides staff which is nice too. However, something along the lines of 0/10/20/30/10 is pretty good if you just work with it and get used to rotations and stuff. (I in air, v in earth (the other trait is up to you), iii, v, xii in water, and ii in arcane) My utilities I used are cleansing flame, glyph of renewal, arcane shield, glyph of elementals. (healing utl is up to you, so is rune selection and amulet/jewel/sigil)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAodhEmibrxzgjEAkHnYSJDFi4howDlCyA-TgAA1CtIkRJjTGjMSZsyA

sorry i rambled on and on about this, but I’m just throwin my perspective out there…

Ele is not fine.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiBiddilyBop.1470

DiBiddilyBop.1470

I think if you look at the recent big tournaments like PAX and ESL, you get a pretty good idea of how well the class is doing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SAKRAY.3690

SAKRAY.3690

In WvW Ele’s are still insane powerhouses I almost feel like a God on them in PvP on the other hand ugh… You gotta put in so much effort for so little result better roll Necros or Rangers lololol………………… /sarcasm ;( buff PvP Ele’s!

Shichi Gatsu ~ Elementalist
Ichigo Bushi ~ Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

In WvW Ele’s are still insane powerhouses I almost feel like a God on them in PvP on the other hand ugh… You gotta put in so much effort for so little result better roll Necros or Rangers lololol………………… /sarcasm ;( buff PvP Ele’s!

This. I have a hard time making a distinction between if people are talking about WvW or SPvP. Ele is definitely fun in WvW, it is still susceptible to lots of condis though.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: blackgoat.5172

blackgoat.5172

I’m sure they will then nerf staffs about 2 or 3 weeks later when they think staffs are op.

“Elementalist
We’re working on the staff in an effort to make it a stronger support weapon, and we also improved the conjure weapons so that they’re stronger for support. You’ll see improvements to all 4 of the conjure weapons to make them stronger and better for support.
We also increased the healing on Water Blast, the radius on Geyser and we reworked
Unsteady Ground to make it function more like line of warding.”

Not really much of a buff in my opinion. How about a non “support” buff. Anyway, you can see the whole thing for yourself here. Another swing and miss from our buddy Jonathan Sharp

Káge – 80 Thief / Asháman – 80 Elementalist
Project Mayhem A multigaming, PVx social guild on Dragonbrand
Dragonbrand Community Forums

in Elementalist

DeathPanel.8362

“Elementalist
We’re working on the staff in an effort to make it a stronger support weapon, and we also improved the conjure weapons so that they’re stronger for support. You’ll see improvements to all 4 of the conjure weapons to make them stronger and better for support.
We also increased the healing on Water Blast, the radius on Geyser and we reworked
Unsteady Ground to make it function more like line of warding.”

Not really much of a buff in my opinion. How about a non “support” buff. Anyway, you can see the whole thing for yourself here. Another swing and miss from our buddy Jonathan Sharp

As long as the conjured weapons have the same charge limitations and cooldowns it’s irrelevant how much they get buffed they still won’t be used.

I have a d/d and a staff ele so any buffs however minor I’m not going to complain about.

My staff ele is a class cannon so I probably won’t see much difference anyway.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Demonts.4593

Demonts.4593

Elementalist really is not underpowered. Its just hard to play and there are some other builds that are just over the top. A good ele can kill most players.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Elementalist really is not underpowered. Its just hard to play and there are some other builds that are just over the top. A good ele can kill most players.

It is underpowered, just because good players can kill bad players doesn’t mean a thing lol..

That’s like saying X class is overpowered because the good player playing it took on 3 terrible players in WvW, that doesn’t mean jack.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sharpe.1485

Sharpe.1485

hehe there’s always a couple of you in every thread aren’t there?
Why can’t you folks see past your own belly button and understand what underpowered means before typing a comment?

I can do pretty well with my ele too, I’ve been playing it since release day – still I fully understand how it can be a daunting class for perhaps more casual players, and compared to quite alot of other classes, be it in PvE or sPvP, elementalists are rubbish.

Being able to be successful with a class, does not make it balanced. In the slightest.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

in WvW it’s crippled anyway, and the poor state is only attenuated by food and Ascended item that “fix” what should be fixed on the stats at dev’s level.
Also, Ele is completely stuck into s/d or d/d for 1vsX, with s/f and staff you need to be carried by your team in order to be consistent and by no means you have enough builds variety to even think to be on par with other classes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

In WvW. You have the advantage of server bonus, gear and level differential and the lack of PvP experience propping up an otherwise kittenty class.

In Spvp, a great elementalist is on par with an average player solely due to the class mechanics and stats working against the elementalist.

It is downright sad and the worst thing is we wont get changes for at least a month and a half. AS a person who bought the game primarily for the ele, makes me wonder why I invested in this game for so long.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: virtue.7235

virtue.7235

ele op
nerf pls
kthnxbai

Serane – D/D Elementalist [Agg]
[Agg] WvW – http://www.youtube.com/user/SeraneGW2
Server? We move a lot.