Elementalists aren't hard to play.

in Elementalist

Posted by: PinCushion.7390

PinCushion.7390

I would love to see these self-proclaimed “I find eles easy” put out some videos of their amazing skill – especially the ones poo pooing daphoenix.

Anyone who said they copy pasted the D/D rotation and face rolled people with it, are either lying, were against someone who was AFK, fighting someone who was distracted by another player, or someone who just picked up the game less than a month ago.

You make it out like enemy players are just NPCs that just stand there and let you execute an entire rotation on them. It’s not that hard to hear/see the big ball of light going BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZSHT towards you to figure out, “hmm now might be a good time to dodge”.

Nice troll thread though.

Considering it’s 7 months old, it’s probably the best troll thread in history.

(Well, maybe not )

As for posting a video of easy gameplay….why?

daphoenix is good at this game. I’d imagine emulating his playstyle on any class would be very difficult. That isn’t because Ele is hard to play. It’s because doing something really well is hard. Just the reaction time required to notice most skill-tells, recognize what they are, decide if they need to be dodged or not, and then react appropriately is incredibly high and takes lots of practice. Heck, I still can’t do it against most skill sets.

Remembering what buttons do which skills on an Ele is really very easy. PvPing against people who are very good at it is hard, regardless of class.

in Elementalist

Posted by: benzegol.5829

benzegol.5829

When the ele is easy to play post some videos with pvping with staff (!) and show us how easy it is to play it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: PinCushion.7390

PinCushion.7390

When the ele is easy to play post some videos with pvping with staff (!) and show us how easy it is to play it.

Kite, kite, burning retreat.

Kite, kite, healing-dodge.

Kite, kite, unsteady ground + eruption + whatever combo field.

Kite, kite, chilling field.

Kite, kite, static field.

….

Win through persistence and agile fingers.

Not me playing, but it’s still a pretty fun fight to watch. Nothing that player does is particularly difficulty, and I would say is a good example of staff playstyle. He lucked out in that his opponent didn’t have enough DPS to outright burst him to death.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

…video…

Kite, kite, burning retreat.

Kite, kite, healing-dodge.

Kite, kite, unsteady ground + eruption + whatever combo field.

Kite, kite, chilling field.

Kite, kite, static field.

….

Win through persistence and agile fingers.

Not me playing, but it’s still a pretty fun fight to watch. Nothing that player does is particularly difficulty, and I would say is a good example of staff playstyle. He lucked out in that his opponent didn’t have enough DPS to outright burst him to death.

Just FYI, this doesn’t work so well in tPvP or even sPvP that you give a dam about (which no one seems to, just looks like pvers going for dailys atm). There is a point to cap and all, and not being on the 2meter 2 meter (exaggerated, but seriously there is no room for full effective kiting there) area means you don’t cap it or defend it. For that reason my friend runs a support healing staff build in pvp, and will not fight a 1v1 unless he has to. He is mid support, he goes with the bunker and gives the bunker several more heals.

Back before our 400 nerfs he could 1v1 anyone with staff and never die (unless a very lucky thief could 1 shot him at the right moment). Apparently healing was OP, I would say so.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Posted by: Senticon.3452

Senticon.3452

PinCushion
The main problem is – there are NO DUELS in this game, you can barely fight 1v1
even in PvP for more than few minutes, because someone will eventually come
by and join one of sides. There are almost NO ways to show off your individual skill
and determine if you are good or not because it’s always up to the team/party/group
etc. Once in PvP I was playing as Guardian and engaged with Necromancer in 1v1,
we’ve been fighting for more than 10 minutes without anyone being able to inflict
enough dmg to kill, so we just broke off and went to objectives coz it was going
nowhere and noone was gonna win. Seen more stupid stuff like this but this ain’t
place talk about it.

Balance in this game is as ridiculous, as it can be, need real looking into and fixing,
but noone seems care about it. Regarding Ele is much to it.

(edited by Senticon.3452)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azunai.5974

Azunai.5974

Bumping this thread again. More relevant than ever now that Anet is covering their kitten by saying Ele’s becoming harder is a reason to not buff them.

Resident deaf elementalist – Tarnished Coast
Everyone needs a little optimism!