Elementalists either rock or suck.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheRamosOnline.2670

TheRamosOnline.2670

It’s a little something I’ve noticed when fighting Elementalsits.
I’m a Mesmer, and what I’ve noticed is that Ele’s either rock the house down and mop up the mess with my Mesmery face or they just flail around hopelessly as I dance on their yet-to-be-dug grave.
I’ve yet to face an Ele in a great 1v1. It ends almost instantly whether I win or lose.

I’m curios as my highest Ele was Lv14; do you Eles notice this too?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

Some of the harder hitting skills in D/D can be difficult to land if people are moving around or you’re not positioned correctly. A lot of people don’t run a lot of precision either, so lucky crits on skills like Burning Speed, Fire Grab, and Churning Earth can make a large difference in damage as well.

in Elementalist

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

Bottom line is Ele’s are broken and need a fix. 1v1 they most of the time do come out alive, barely, but more then that you will fold after three hits, and burn all your cooldowns, leaving you to run for your life constantly or spend coin on death repairs constanly.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Galrond.5972

Galrond.5972

Either RTL/grasp hits and I have a good start, or I die horribly because they stack conditions while I sit in the stationary ball of lightning…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

Elementalists are a high skill cap class. Therefore you will run into people who will either own you (because they’ve practiced a lot), or they’ll be a joke. D/D elementalist can kill a mesmer pretty easily as long as they watch for confusion and cure it instantly.

And yeah, a lot of fights start out horrible for me because RTL decides to just stun me for 5 seconds. That’s always a good start :P

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Had a long response but here’s what a wall of text summed up looks like.

Eles rock some players suck that’s about it.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: KieronWolf.5108

KieronWolf.5108

Fix RTL or just make me invincible while I’m doing it and I’ll be satisfied.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Im Too Godlike.5629

Im Too Godlike.5629

How to win d/d 1v1s :
1. Pop shocking aura and stand next to the player
2. Spam lightning whip
3. ???
4. Profit

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

I agree, nerf ele or I will go back to WoW.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Have fun hugging pandas.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strodor.6051

Strodor.6051

Please stay there.

Smaggle – Asura elementalist [INT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: mouse.1689

mouse.1689

Bottom line is Ele’s are broken and need a fix. 1v1 they most of the time do come out alive, barely, but more then that you will fold after three hits, and burn all your cooldowns, leaving you to run for your life constantly or spend coin on death repairs constanly.

False. Ride the Lightning is broken and needs a fix. Aside from that, the class is very good when properly specced/played.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Turbo Whale.1738

Turbo Whale.1738

Sucky D/D Ele: Dances like a buffoon
Pro D/D Ele: Dances like a buffoon, but hits

in Elementalist

Posted by: Reveaux.5720

Reveaux.5720

Well most times in order to be profiteable as ele you need to have a smaller cooldown on your attunements and stancedance through your cd’s. It’d be nicer to find more viable options to play the class other than stancedancing (granted it is fun).

in Elementalist

Posted by: suroktheslayer.9346

suroktheslayer.9346

The good elementalists have been telling the baddies it’s a L2P/skill issue but we get accused of being elitist trolls. Baddies will never admit they suck instead always cry on forums asking for more buffs. Seriously either L2p or go find another class to play. I hate how Mesmers play but I see how people can play them to good effect. If the play style fails to click with you then it’s time to try something else.

in Elementalist

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

Elementalists are a high skill cap class. Therefore you will run into people who will either own you (because they’ve practiced a lot), or they’ll be a joke. D/D elementalist can kill a mesmer pretty easily as long as they watch for confusion and cure it instantly.

And yeah, a lot of fights start out horrible for me because RTL decides to just stun me for 5 seconds. That’s always a good start :P

This here. Elementalists have the largest number of skills available, it’s just a matter of using them right.

As an example, on my ele I use scepter/focus. If I were to run into a fight against a GS warrior in air attunement slamming all of my keys I would throw up the projectile reflection skill to no avail wasting precious time. However if I were to swap to earth attunement and use my invulnerability when he tried to bullrush/100 blades me I would avoid a lot of damage.

If you keep a log of what’s available to you in the back of your mind you could probably roll face.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The good elementalists have been telling the baddies it’s a L2P/skill issue but we get accused of being elitist trolls.

I used to be one of the biggest anti-elitist shouters until I indeed…learned how to play. What I still like to point out though, is that the way you phrase things may actually help your point.

But to sum it up: if you can dodge, attunement swap and combo well, then you’ll be good at the elementalist.

And to learn it, it really helps to get defensive (vitality/toughness) gear.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Severim.7938

Severim.7938

It takes a lot of practice, situational and class awareness to play an ele well. I’m still learning, and there’s a few encounters and classes I still struggle with. Just the other night I had a brief 1v1 against a rifle warrior. Couldn’t seem to make a dent in him, so I disengaged. Likewise I haven’t played a mes high enough to counter all the different illusions and builds. Thieves I probably find easiest, since as soon as I hear (rather) than see them attacking I pop mistform and cleansing aura while they burn their initiative (my 18k HP is enough to survive the opening hit).

Yak’s Bend – Bellenisa (Ele), Bellesina (Thief)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

Just tonight I messaged a Necro I had a good 1v1 with to say good fight and he was shocked that I beat him, his statement was “Ele’s suck, I normally kill them, easily”. I replied, “Well most aren’t every good”. And that unfortunately is the root cause of a lot of the griping people do on the forums.

Now I’m not being an elitist but most Ele’s I see in WvW and I kill in WvW are just horrible players and I really question what they are doing. A fight tonight with a sceptre/dagger Ele, he kept on trying to land dragons tooth on me without attempting any kind of root/slow. I have no idea what he was try to do, he tried an updraft on me when I was in mist (was tanking arrow carts at the time lol) and various other basic errors. I honestly think people roll an Ele because they think they can just stand there and pew pew things down, well it doesn’t work like that.

You really do have to look at your build, gear, traits. Pick a weapon set that suits your playstyle, understand combo fields, use rotations. Playing an Ele is not like the other professions where you can literally get away with pressing 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,1,1,1 and stuff dies.

Now I sincerely hope, that aNet don’t try and dumb down Ele’s in any way to cater for people that just don’t get/understand how to play them. Sure they can use some tweaks and they definitely need the bugs ironing out, but then most professions do.
Ultimately there isn’t anything that wrong with Ele’s, be patient, learn the class.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

in Elementalist

Posted by: MindlessRuff.1948

MindlessRuff.1948

I would agree that good eles can destroy and bad eles make them seem UP, I just hope that people learn how good eles can be.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Antrasith.2187

Antrasith.2187

Sucky D/D Ele: Dances like a buffoon
Pro D/D Ele: Dances like a buffoon, but hits

I lolled so hard! +1 for this post

The Wheel turns as the Wheel Wills

in Elementalist

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Why would they ever make ele’s easier when people looking for easy playstyle can go mesmer or thief. I dont even understand how the same PvP team can make a something like a thief and then an ele both. But hey, its there, and im pretty sure they wont go butchering an involving class like this. Except healing bunker ofcourse, that kitten’s dumb yo.

Anyway there’s a certain few traits in our trees that are just so good/mandatory that anyone not picking those will be at a big disadvantage. A few Water traits, mandatory arcane, and three cantrips is going to make any ele seem ten times more skilled. Also the glass cannon ones will bend over like wet paper in a hurricane which can make em look like a bad player. A little knowledge goes a long way here, a thief could spec with his eyes closed and still beat 50% of the people.