Eles belong in a beat'm'up game not ...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kashrlyyk.5364

Kashrlyyk.5364

… in an ARPG.

At least that is the impression I get when I see 10 keys long “skill rotations”. Those sound more like a 10 hit combos out of “Street Fighter” or “Soul Calibur” or all the other ones.

But this is supposed to be an ARPG that you play with your mouse and keyboard and not with a gamepad. But then again a gamepad does not have enough buttons to go through all the skills.

So ANet could you please fix the elementalist so that the profession fits better in a PC ARPG?

in Elementalist

Posted by: iateacat.3874

iateacat.3874

Here, I fixed it for you.

Attachments:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Flux Qemist.6712

Flux Qemist.6712

Yeah the gw2 elementalist might not suit your playstyle as it is complicated and fast paced however other players enjoy the challenge.
Think of it like this:
Other classes are like Lego Star Wars i.e. hit a button to inflict damage/kill.
Elementalist is more like Tekken 5 on Ultra hard mode i.e. know your moves and combos as well as your opponents or be killed in under 10 seconds.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Yeah the gw2 elementalist might not suit your playstyle as it is complicated and fast paced however other players enjoy the challenge.
Think of it like this:
Other classes are like Lego Star Wars i.e. hit a button to inflict damage/kill.
Elementalist is more like Tekken 5 on Ultra hard mode i.e. know your moves and combos as well as your opponents or be killed in under 10 seconds.

Yep. It’s kinda like SAB where fotm builds of other classes are on Infantile Mode and the eles are in Tribulation Mode. It’s challenging, frustrating sometimes, but fun nonetheless in some hard earned victory.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Just another reason why I love playing ele is the fact that I could set up combos like in SF, Tekken or MvsC. I absolutely loved fighting games. High risk:High reward

Säïnt

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Playing an ele is kinda like playing Guilty Gear on maniac difficulty. While everyone else is on beginner. And warriors are as stupidly OP as Justice, the final boss, was.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noHOzBDyQ2o

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axelifus.3269

Axelifus.3269

… in an ARPG.

At least that is the impression I get when I see 10 keys long “skill rotations”. Those sound more like a 10 hit combos out of “Street Fighter” or “Soul Calibur” or all the other ones.

But this is supposed to be an ARPG that you play with your mouse and keyboard and not with a gamepad. But then again a gamepad does not have enough buttons to go through all the skills.

So ANet could you please fix the elementalist so that the profession fits better in a PC ARPG?

You just found the reason why people still play this class.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Elementalists all study at the little-known Asura college of Masochistics, which grants a passive 90% reduction in cooldown on our dirt nap/waypoint combo.

In all seriousness, though, the complexity of the class is the primary appeal for me, despite the class’s issues.

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I find other classes complex after main-ing elementalist. Melee you have to time things and use certain abilities more than others. Sometimes never using certain skills 90% of the time. And then weapon swap is your main thing to do. I have an 80 mesmer, thief, guardian, and warrior that I don’t enjoy playing at all. The mesmer was the most fun of all my alts, and their talents make me drool. I see how other people play guardian and warrior, etc, but I have not learned the timing/ combos for them yet, and don’t really feel like learning them either.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

It’s simple, after maining an Elementalist, every other class feels dull for me. Everytime I tried to play another class (I have Thief, Warrior and Mesmer) I just couldn’t resist returning back. I don’t like to do my stuff by pressing few buttons in learned order, that is just not “skill” for me.
Therefore I’m Ele, forever :-)

#ELEtism 4ever