Eles do way more damage

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: HeavyVee.2453

HeavyVee.2453

Anet eles with burn stack is broke, they do crazy power damage with burn stack. it is nuts.
I bet you guys don’t play your game when you make changes like this.
i am so sad.

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Anet couldn’t have predicted this. They make changes, let the meta unfold and then play around with it. They have to factor in if nerfs will destroy other builds or if it will make other classes out-perform others.

The meta has established itself. They played around with mesmer already (though its still a little too good). Be prepared to see changes to ele this month.

Bad Elementalist

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Anet definitely knew what they were doing. I think they definitely knew ahead was going to happen, especially with the condition changes. Now, I’m not going to say they were necessarily precise with their expectations, but it’s not like they blindly made these changes. They told us that specs would be stronger by being able to take more focused and impactful specializations, especially when we could take 3 full lines. After that, it shouldn’t take too much to think that maybe conditions would be much stronger when they started stacking in intensity, which Anet also told us about.

Fishsticks

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

It should have been clear that the burn changes will make balance troubles and now its just clearer. Mainhand dagger is one and the funny thing is the stacks were set to 4 intenionally where 2 would have kept it at the level before. Same for ring of fire that was intentonally strengthened. Now you have both on D/D plus all it had before and a full third spec line ….
On the other side burning precision had been nerfed with 5s ICD like beeing in panic it would get to strong. A 1s ICD not to proc with each projectile on a tripple shot would have done the job there. So anet seems to overshoot in both directions regulary….

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Strange, when a warrior with twice more hp hits me for 7-10k I don’t feel OP at all.

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

run more condi clears ;p

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Strange, when a warrior with twice more hp hits me for 7-10k I don’t feel OP at all.

only way a warrior hits a cele D/D ele that hard is you have a lot of vuln stacks + they used a burst skill/landed 100b in which case you should be cleansing or l2 dodge their easily telegraphed burst skills….. cele DD ele should EASILY beat any time of warrior that outs right now… they are by far one of the easiest classes to 1v1 as an ele..

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

only way a warrior hits a cele D/D ele that hard is you have a lot of vuln stacks + they used a burst skill/landed 100b in which case you should be cleansing or l2 dodge their easily telegraphed burst skills….. cele DD ele should EASILY beat any time of warrior that outs right now… they are by far one of the easiest classes to 1v1 as an ele..

I’m just stating the obvious, the ele is balanced already as much as it could be. I actually won a 1v2 on my first pvp match as a warrior just by rampaging rolling my face on the keyboard (yes I couldn’t believe it how easy it was), something you simply cannot do on the ele where you need to land all your combos perfectly and avoid all bursts. Ele skills are even more telegraphed than warrior skills.

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

Let’s talk about gs:
~1K AA
3-5K #3 (depending on placement when cast)
1K5 x2 #4
5K #5

You sure can dodge everything :x (already assuming you never get hit by #2)
Complaining about warrior beeing op ? no, cause if you play ele well you can win the 1V1
On the patch day i got deleted by 10101 zerker warrior, 24H later i adapted my gameplay => loss to warrior are like the 32th of a month.
Adapt to ele ? very easy example: run a doom sigil ? Probably the strongest sigil in the game, it shred eles and is far from useless against other class.

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Burn realty all ele has for real condtion dmg and its one of the easier to be removed in the game. What makes a condtion dmg build work in pvp is having the abitly to apply cover condtions for ele they are not going to be covering there burns with that much so if you have counter condtion dmg you should be able to deal with most of the high stack burning.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Remedy.3429

Remedy.3429

Let’s talk about gs:
~1K AA
3-5K #3 (depending on placement when cast)
1K5 x2 #4
5K #5

You sure can dodge everything :x (already assuming you never get hit by #2)
Complaining about warrior beeing op ? no, cause if you play ele well you can win the 1V1
On the patch day i got deleted by 10101 zerker warrior, 24H later i adapted my gameplay => loss to warrior are like the 32th of a month.
Adapt to ele ? very easy example: run a doom sigil ? Probably the strongest sigil in the game, it shred eles and is far from useless against other class.

Are you saying doom sigil beats ele? Bro I cleanse like 8 condis per second by accident. I would try sigil of undead slaying honestly.

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

SkiTz.4590

I’m just stating the obvious, the ele is balanced already as much as it could be. I actually won a 1v2 on my first pvp match as a warrior just by rampaging rolling my face on the keyboard (yes I couldn’t believe it how easy it was), something you simply cannot do on the ele where you need to land all your combos perfectly and avoid all bursts. Ele skills are even more telegraphed than warrior skills.

Well yea, Ele doesn’t have a 180sec CD “I WIN” button like other classes

They don’t need one either.
They have PLENTY of mobility, PLENTY of sustain, PLENTY of condi cleansing and PLENTY of CC…
I’ve survived PLENTY of 2v1s as an ele and held out long enough for someone to +1 and eventually win

Warriors are a tier below easily… the only time they can ever survive a 2v1 is in rampage mode… when rampage is off CD? guess what, they get shredded. Ele’s don’t.

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

The only thing about ele that needs a nerf is an overall nerf to the scaling of burn damage, since right now burn does way too much damage, while things like bleeds do nothing. Maybe tweak the cooldown or stacks of burning applied by ring of fire too, but thats the only thing I’d really change.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kashrlyyk.5364

Kashrlyyk.5364

….. cele DD ele should EASILY beat any time of warrior that outs right now…

I’m just stating the obvious, the ele is balanced already as much as it could be. ..

So a ranged class should always beat the most melee focused class in the game in melee combat and you call that balanced???? The fact that a melee ranged ele is better at melee range than warriors is probably the worst unbalance in the game right now.

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

….. cele DD ele should EASILY beat any time of warrior that outs right now…

I’m just stating the obvious, the ele is balanced already as much as it could be. ..

So a ranged class should always beat the most melee focused class in the game in melee combat and you call that balanced???? The fact that a melee ranged ele is better at melee range than warriors is probably the worst unbalance in the game right now.

A ranged melee class? Umm, it’d be better to say that Ele is a mid-ranged bruiser and it can beat Warriors because Warriors are: a tad weak right now; outside of Rampage, they’re not doing terribly great. Also, you assume the Warrior is melee only, but Longbow is one of their most popular weapon choices :L
That also assumes that just because a class that is focused on one thing that it means it can’t be beat by another class doing the same thing(why shouldn’t a Longbow Ranger be able to die to a Staff Ele if he gets outplayed?).

(edited by Malchior.5732)

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

It pretty much took forever to get burn to do anything for ele when it should have been the norm from the get-go.
Also, is it okay that guardian burn can do as much damage as it does?

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

SkiTz.4590

It pretty much took forever to get burn to do anything for ele when it should have been the norm from the get-go.

Burn needs to be looked at as its the one condi that seems to be REALLY outputting massive damage. Burn engis are a thing too. Even in PvE, some burn builds can outdamage power builds (by PvE , I mean fights that take longer than 5-7 seconds)

As far as guardian burn.. that’s basically their only threatening condi so yea I think its OK.. all you have to do is time your condi cleansing… because they don’t inflict many other types of condis, just wait for them to chain burns and cleanse the burn when you know its about to get dangerous.

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Burn needs to be looked at as its the one condi that seems to be REALLY outputting massive damage. Burn engis are a thing too. Even in PvE, some burn builds can outdamage power builds (by PvE , I mean fights that take longer than 5-7 seconds)

As far as guardian burn.. that’s basically their only threatening condi so yea I think its OK.. all you have to do is time your condi cleansing… because they don’t inflict many other types of condis, just wait for them to chain burns and cleanse the burn when you know its about to get dangerous.

I recall seeing an Engineer thread in which the math was run on different builds, and Condition builds began to pull ahead of Power ones around 14 seconds into a battle.

My question is… What’s so wrong with that? Still seems to me like there’s a definite tradeoff between the two build choices. One bursts faster, the other has better sustained damage, and the time for one to overtake the other seems perfectly reasonable. It’s not like one completely outdoes the other in both burst AND sustain.

I’m not sure what the specifics are for Elementalist or Guardian, but if their power-vs-condition numbers are fairly similar, I again don’t see any real problem with it. It’s different from the usual ONLY-Berserker-and-nothing-else-ever gameplay of the past, but difference is not inherently bad. X)

The class is always greener on the other side.

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kashrlyyk.5364

Kashrlyyk.5364

….
A ranged melee class? Umm, it’d be better to say that Ele is a mid-ranged bruiser and it can beat Warriors because Warriors are: a tad weak right now; outside of Rampage, they’re not doing terribly great. Also, you assume the Warrior is melee only, but Longbow is one of their most popular weapon choices :L

Elementalists are a ranged magic class with a freakish melee component that is way too strong.
No, I don’t but 5 out of 7 main hand weapons a warrior has are melee weapons, so warriors ARE a melee class!

….
That also assumes that just because a class that is focused on one thing that it means it can’t be beat by another class doing the same thing…..

I NEVER said that. You need to read my posts. I said:

So a ranged class should always beat the most melee focused class in the game in melee combat and you call that balanced????

The highlighted word is important. Read SkiTz.4590 comment. An Ele beating a warrior is the “normal” event and loosing is the “freak” event. And that is the opposite of what should be normal. An Ele beating a warrior in melee should be the exception not the rule.

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

….

Elementalists are a ranged magic class with a freakish melee component that is way too strong.
No, I don’t but 5 out of 7 main hand weapons a warrior has are melee weapons, so warriors ARE a melee class!

….
That also assumes that just because a class that is focused on one thing that it means it can’t be beat by another class doing the same thing…..

I NEVER said that. You need to read my posts. I said:

So a ranged class should always beat the most melee focused class in the game in melee combat and you call that balanced????

The highlighted word is important. Read SkiTz.4590 comment. An Ele beating a warrior is the “normal” event and loosing is the “freak” event. And that is the opposite of what should be normal. An Ele beating a warrior in melee should be the exception not the rule.

The only reason Eles are “too strong” at melee right now is Burning :L
Even at 25 Might Stacks, Lightning Whip wont be that crazy(especially since you need to MAINTAIN said Might) and Burning Speed is pretty predictable. Blame the Burning and Doom sigil.

Also, you’re assuming it’s wrong for an Ele to beat Warrior at melee as a “ranged” class? Don’t you see how flawed that is? You didn’t mention any other melee or ranged classes beating Warrior, just the Ele. For some reason that’s wrong to you.

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

DD ele is melee

Stop your bullkitten of “ranged class going melee” or i donno what.

Ranged going melee, is LB ranger fighting in melee, GS mesmer, staff ele, etc.

In no kittening parallel universe, staff ele beat warrior in melee form, so cut it

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

Burning is fine. Buff bleeds.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I would live buffed bleeds, but this should be done careful. Also burn stronger than bleed is fine. Just a bit correction on some stacking is needed.

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

SkiTz.4590

Its either

A) nerf burning
B) buff all other condis to be on par with burning

I think we as the community would go for B lol.
but I think anet would have a NIGHTMARE with balancing if they did option B and A is just sooo much easier to do and costs less resources for anet.

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Anet couldn’t have predicted this.

Yes, they could. Everyone who did a bit of pvp knew that burning on ele was always an issue. Buffing burning and not taking anything from the ele was bound to be way too strong. And now when it turns out it indeed is what do they do? Give ele more burning and might. I’m sorry but this is an example of them either being completely incompetenet or not caring.

Eles do way more damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Anet couldn’t have predicted this. They make changes, let the meta unfold and then play around with it. They have to factor in if nerfs will destroy other builds or if it will make other classes out-perform others.

The meta has established itself. They played around with mesmer already (though its still a little too good). Be prepared to see changes to ele this month.

You must think the people at ANET are dumb (I personally do not). If you allow stacking of a condition, the obvious question would be “who benefits the most from that”. The super easy answer in the case of burns is “ele and burn guard”.

ANET did it on purpose. Now let’s see if they fix it.