Eles in dunegons

Eles in dunegons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Krulz.6245

Krulz.6245

Q:

Hey, not an ele here, but my friend, she is not that kind of person who reads forums etc, and I was wondering what kind of build/gear people usually go to fractals/dungeons.

Thank you!

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

Eles in dunegons

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

D/D tanky dps
0/10/0/30/30

or

10/10/0/30/20

You can survive a lot and help the party without being the squishy staff ele.
You just need to bring a staff the same and switch when range is needed.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Eles in dunegons

in Elementalist

Krulz.6245

And what kind of gear, daggers and berserker gear?

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

Eles in dunegons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nanoha.3892

Nanoha.3892

I second what Lord Byron said. As for gear, I would go for toughness/vitality/healing (which all has power anyway). Easiest way to get all that I found was crafted jewelery (sapphire, power/tough/heal), armour with power/vit/toughness from any of: Sorrow’s Embrace/Ascelonian catacombes/Honour of the Waves. I went for power/precision/condition daggers.

For runes, most people suggest 2x superior water, 2x major water, 2x monks (from AC, already on your armour if you get armour there too) for the +40% boon duration (boons are your friend!)

Sigils, I think the main one would be superior sigil of battle (3x might on weapon swap – which includes attunment swapping). The other is more personal preference, I went for sigil of corruption but any of the stacking sigils would be good. Finally get a Third dagger and put somehting like +5% power on it (I think this works out better than +5% crit). The third dagger is for when you hit 25 stacks on the stacking one, you then equip the third dagger.

This may not sound too powerful with all the defensive stats but it is vbery powerful thanks to all the boons and the aoe nature. When I do dungeons I rarely see less than 25 stacks of might (though there are warrios there giving it too), fury is permanent. Plus of course all the healing that you can dish out along with plenty of survivability.

What ever you do, tell your friend NOT to go glass cannon, eles are incredibly squishy. I’m sure some people pull itoff but it’s not worth it in my opinion. On a plus note, this also works very well in wvw, where a glass cannon would die very easily.

Eles in dunegons

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Power/Toughness/Vitality gear would do very well. And it’s easy to get too, considering it’s available for Ascalonian Catacombs tokens.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Eles in dunegons

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

i prefer power toughness precision aka knight set.

For vitality/healing i balance with tinkets and one of the 2 daggers i don t use much healing btw because 30 points in water helps already

Precision helps you doing lot of crits, being often in fury, all those crits recharge evasion (see arcana trait bonus).

If you decide not to going on the sigil of battle i suggest to poder on the sigil of hydromancy

AoE freezing enemies on weapon swap is a life saver, despite getting 3 might is huge also, but your basic combo gives 10 to 17 and you end up capping it in most parties.

you cannot use 2 sigils with weapon swap abilities unfortunately.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Eles in dunegons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

tried dungeons with the same glass cannon build I use in normal PvE and got no problems. Aside fractals, I found them way easier than I expected.
Knight is tempting (and indeed I do stock a few) but I find Valkyrie slightly more effective, going for the motto “dead mage deals no damage”

Eles in dunegons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nanoha.3892

Nanoha.3892

Precision helps you doing lot of crits, being often in fury, all those crits recharge evasion (see arcana trait bonus).

Even with my measely 17% crit (37% with perma fury) I’m critting often enough to keep vigour on permanently.

Eles in dunegons

in Elementalist

Krulz.6245

Cheers all I’ll try to make a build=)

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

Eles in dunegons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Regizer.1763

Regizer.1763

The kind of gear/build depends on skill level of ele and the weapon load out. The more comfortable you are playing the more dps build you want, if you are still learning then you want more of survival build. If your friend tends to die a lot, then she needs more survival stats, if she doesn’t die a lot then go all out dps. So I’d say noobie set up to learn more about class would be staff + survival gear or daggers + survival gear.

Eles in dunegons

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

I am 0/10/10/20/30 almost full PVT but there is 1 piece of cleric and my jewelry is all cleric. I am usually just fine surviving fractal mobs. I don’t use staff but I do use scepter for ranged fights. Over all if you know your build and are comfortable with the mechanics of each fractal is very hard to go wrong.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Eles in dunegons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

Tried Simin from arah and I literally had to go 30 fire, 30 water, 10 arcana just for dps purposes with my d/d. So that is around 2100 power w/ some ( not all, still deciding) power jewelry.
As for gear p/v/t is fine with healing runes make survivability for you and the party better.