Eles ok in pvp w/o +300 vit from Water line?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Soul.9280

Soul.9280

I have an incomplete understanding of how HoT will change stats in PvP. What I’ve heard is that trait lines will no longer have stats associated with them, and to compensate they will be adding +50 to all base stats. I believe they’ve said that they will increase the stats you get from amulets to compensate (can anyone confirm this?).

Here are my concerns:
1) Vitality. Elementalist is a low hit point class. We need the +300 vitality we get from Water Traits. If they add +250 vitality to all amulets then we’ll be fine, but my fear is that they wont.
2) Boon duration. A lot of our survivability comes from Protection from Elemental Attunement, will there be an option to pick up +30% boon duration in the new system?

Has anyone heard anything reliable about what the dev team is planning for HoT?

What I’d prefer is that they allow us to choose how to spend the stat points we used to get from traitlines in any way we’d like (up to a max of 250 in any one stat).

Dagr Soulnova, 80 Elementalist, Stormbluff Isle.

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

You’re not the only one whose unsure. I mean we won’t know exact details about the future viability of the Ele until we see the elite spec details and the revised trait reworks.

If the current meta is anything to go by, eles will once again be all sustain or all burst. And if a future sustain build is non-viable due to base stat changes, I’d be pretty worried, becase thief/mesmer simply do burst in pvp better than ele can, and based on the trait changes and elite spec for mesmer, the tempest would have to bring a ton of reliable burst, control, and utility to even compete with a chronomancer.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

The best assumption we can make:

Trait currently give 1400 stat points

We know all start are getting upped by 50 (since healing power, férocity and condi are 0base, i assume they’re not considered)

1400- 50×4 (power,preci,vita, thoug)
=
meaning equipement should get 1200 stat worth
on a full celstial build, that would imply
That would mean 200 per stat.
So you get 250 vitality instead of 300.

If you go for a non celestial stuff with hp, you’ll get kinda a lot of HP, if you go for full zerk, you’re screwed x)

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Soul.9280

Soul.9280

I prefer using cleric amulet with staff. Pre-HoT, this works fine if I put 300 in Water. Post-HOT, if there isn’t an option to get +300 vitaltiy with cleric ammy, then cleric becomes unviable, there is no way to survive the burst with only 11,000 health. Berserker staff isn’t viable either, and Soldier ammy staff is just a waste… since your heals would be crap, damage would be crap too. Celestial works now, but they said they are nerfing it post HoT by reducing the total stats, so that doesn’t seem viable either.

So if they don’t address this problem it seems like they essentially make staff unviable in pvp. I hope the devs are listening…

(edited by Soul.9280)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

I have an incomplete understanding of how HoT will change stats in PvP. What I’ve heard is that trait lines will no longer have stats associated with them, and to compensate they will be adding +50 to all base stats. I believe they’ve said that they will increase the stats you get from amulets to compensate (can anyone confirm this?).

Here are my concerns:
1) Vitality. Elementalist is a low hit point class. We need the +300 vitality we get from Water Traits. If they add +250 vitality to all amulets then we’ll be fine, but my fear is that they wont.
2) Boon duration. A lot of our survivability comes from Protection from Elemental Attunement, will there be an option to pick up +30% boon duration in the new system?

Has anyone heard anything reliable about what the dev team is planning for HoT?

What I’d prefer is that they allow us to choose how to spend the stat points we used to get from traitlines in any way we’d like (up to a max of 250 in any one stat).

Dagr Soulnova, 80 Elementalist, Stormbluff Isle.

Since all trait stat bonuses would be removed, they would somehow rework all the amulets to compensate the lost I think.

in Elementalist

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Each profession’s attributes will be updated to have half of their functionality be part of a specialization and half of their functionality will be a baseline for that profession. For example, elementalists now have a base attunement recharge of 10 seconds, which is reduced to 8.7 seconds when the arcane specialization is equipped.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/specializations-part-one-a-primer/

Some trait in the water line will probably give you a good chunk of that vit back. Not all of it, but a chunk.

Another part will be baked in standard, and the rest you’ll need to push over the edge with armor.

I’m thinking the Valkyrie set might be a thing for ele’s, but maybe not. Between the possible trait and bits of it added baseline, it should work out.

Maybe you can skip the trait altogether and supplement it with armor and free up a traitline. Depends how much of a boost armor stats get. We’ll see.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Go barbaion for spvp and run fire water ar you get high fury from blasting your fire fields and you will be nearly unstoppable due to all of the anty condition from your reg spam. Rages rune set or str rune set up to you i say on crit sigils maybe? I am more of a wvw player not an spvp.

For WvW i say pvt gear valk maybe some stntals (just wepon alone gives you a lot of vit) but keep in mind the other ppl are going to be in the same boat they will have less hp or they will do less dmg making it where you will kill them before they get to you or they will not be able to do as much dmg as there where doing before.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

The best assumption we can make:

Trait currently give 1400 stat points

We know all start are getting upped by 50 (since healing power, férocity and condi are 0base, i assume they’re not considered)

1400- 50×4 (power,preci,vita, thoug)
=
meaning equipement should get 1200 stat worth
on a full celstial build, that would imply
That would mean 200 per stat.
So you get 250 vitality instead of 300.

If you go for a non celestial stuff with hp, you’ll get kinda a lot of HP, if you go for full zerk, you’re screwed x)

I spoke to a dev about this. He said that their focus is to shift away from spike damage and have longer lasting fights.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

snip

I spoke to a dev about this. He said that their focus is to shift away from spike damage and have longer lasting fights.

Wait whaaaaaaat ? XD
They power creep mesmer and thief burst to gokitten heaven but their purpose is to make longer fight ? …..
My day is starting rather nicely ^^

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

They’re making the base of all stats 1000 instead of 926, which is a 74 point improvement for power, precision, toughness, and vitality each, or 296 free points. They’ve changed the scaling on conditions and I’m sure healing, so that’s change enough. I don’t know what they plan to do about the percentile changes.

In wvw or pve this isn’t a big issue. Replace some of those points with a different piece of armor or your weapons or something if you need to. In PvP I don’t know what they plan to do.

Fishsticks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

snip

Wait whaaaaaaat ? XD
They power creep mesmer and thief burst to gokitten heaven but their purpose is to make longer fight ? …..
My day is starting rather nicely ^^

Well the dev was still nice to give his or her view. Sometimes when you talk to them, they will not reply with specifics.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister