"Elite" Ele skills.

"Elite" Ele skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Elspeth Tiriel.9243

Elspeth Tiriel.9243

Tornado is for PvP… but I do happen to agree I think our elites for PvE are pretty lack luster… I know people swear by Fiery Greatsword but I"m just not a fan of it. I suggest Summon Elemental to be reworked to the way Flesh Golem elite from Necromancer’s works. Pet doesn’t die until killed. If the uptime of a constant pet would be to much of a damage increase they could reduce it’s base dmg, and increase the cooldown on the activated skill.

"Elite" Ele skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Here is my suggestion for a new elementalist elite:

Arcane Echo from guildwars 1.

For those who don’t know what it is look it up if y’r lazy then read my following inaccurate description:

Arcane Echo makes a copy of the next spell you use so that you can use it again.

It fits with our other arcane spells and we don’t have an elite arcane spell yet so…. Why not?

"Elite" Ele skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Isredel.4302

Isredel.4302

For those who don’t know what it is look it up if y’r lazy then read my following inaccurate description:

Arcane Echo makes a copy of the next spell you use so that you can use it again.

It fits with our other arcane spells and we don’t have an elite arcane spell yet so…. Why not?

This. This, yes. This. Right here. Yes. Make it happen.

Yes.

I can imagine it now.

Name: Echo Signet

Passive: Reduces Attunement Switch Cooldown by X number of seconds (Stacks with Arcane Trait).

Active: Copy the last (non-auto) weapon ability that you used.

CD: 90 seconds

When you activate it, the skill icon switches to the last spell that you used. So if you used Meteor Shower, your elite skill would be replaced by Meteor Shower which is then, “held” in your elite skill slot until used. While holding an ability, you lose the passive effect of the signet, and then using the echo’d spell or switching weapons starts the Cooldown timer.

Elementalists don’t have an elite skill with a relatively short cooldown. This would fill that void.

Viktor Rageclaw: Seaimpin na Cu, (Officer)
Gaiscioch Social Gaming Community http://www.gaiscioch.com/

(edited by Isredel.4302)

"Elite" Ele skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I still want something like this

"Elite" Ele skills.

in Elementalist

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

This. This, yes. This. Right here. Yes. Make it happen.

Yes.

I can imagine it now.

Name: Echo Signet

Passive: Reduces Attunement Switch Cooldown by X number of seconds (Stacks with Arcane Trait).

Active: Copy the last (non-auto) weapon ability that you used.

CD: 90 seconds

When you activate it, the skill icon switches to the last spell that you used. So if you used Meteor Shower, your elite skill would be replaced by Meteor Shower which is then, “held” in your elite skill slot until used. While holding an ability, you lose the passive effect of the signet, and then using the echo’d spell or switching weapons starts the Cooldown timer.

Elementalists don’t have an elite skill with a relatively short cooldown. This would fill that void.

reduced fire recharge + lava font + pyromancers puisance + arcane echo (lava font) should allow you to cast a ton of lava fonts all over the place basically changing everywhere you walk into a volcano

"Elite" Ele skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vaiye.5709

Vaiye.5709

Hiya, I just wanted to add to the conversation and give a few of my opinions which I think are pretty cool. Some of it was just repeated from previous posts. Please read alot of these as just examples; I know some of them are too strong.

Elite: Arcane Obelisk
• Generates a tower at the casters feet that does aoe damage every second for 12 seconds in 800m radius and based on attunement:
• Water: Healing Aura – Generate XX HP for friendlies in range.
• Earth: Knockback enemies in range every 4 seconds.
• Fire: Burn Enemies in range for 4 seconds every 4 seconds.
• Lightning: Stun Enemies for 2 seconds every 6 seconds.

Elite: Arcane Guild
• Summons allies of each attunement to help out for 20 seconds that have all staff 1 auto attacks plus:
• Water Ally: Grants Regeneration to all allies in range.
• Earth Ally: Grants Protection & Stability to summoned allies.
• Fire Ally: Grants 1x Might to all allies every 5 seconds.
• Lighting Ally: Knockback/Stun an enemy every 10 seconds.

Elite: Signet
• There are so many options, so I made a list of some possibilities for actives/passives.

Passive Options:
• Reduce attunement swap by 2s. (All)
• Gain 2s quickness on attunement swap (2sec cd – so can’t stack). (All)
• All projectiles now have the staff water 1 ability with a small aoe heal. (Staff, WvW)

Active Options (non attunement based):
• Attunement Swap has no CD for 12 seconds. Swapping attunement causes the evasive arcana trait to occur. (Regardless of trait).
• Set off all Evasive Arcana Abilities at once.
• Reset attunement recharge.
• Reset weapon skills.
• Clone last non auto attack.

Active Options (attunement based (or not!)):
• Fire: Reset Fire Skill Cooldowns.
• Water: AOE Heal / Condi Cleanse.
• Water: Ground Target AOE Rez. (ex: warrior banner)
• Lightning: Teleport.
• Lighting: 6s Quickness.
• Earth: Earth Shield.
• Earth: Stability.
• Earth: 5 Sec Invuln.

ELITE CRAFTING SYSTEM
AND FINALLY….. it would be nice to see a custom elite signet creation system where we can set actives and passives. This could work like the new traits to unlock actives/passives for it that we can adjust in an interface, EX:
• Event completion based
• An XP based system (specific options need PVP xp, WVW xp, PVE xp, etc)
• Achievement Point unlock.
• Laurel purchase.
• Obsidian Shard purchase.

Would be really cool to see a UI for something like this. It would be flexible and open to all classes, with some class specific abilities. This would be an account wide active/passive unlock that needs to be initiallized on each character with a 100pt skill point purchase from the abilities menu.

Thanks

"Elite" Ele skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vaiye.5709

Vaiye.5709

Oh and a cool signet for wvw would be:

Passive: Allow movement while channeling abilties. (Ex: Meteor Storm/Earthquake)
Active: Next ability cast is instant. (Ex: Meteor Storm/Earthquake)

(edited by Vaiye.5709)

"Elite" Ele skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

Firestorm as it is now is weaker than the ice bow version. That can’t possibly be right for an ultimate. Ice bow has better range, better damage and cause bleed on top of it. Skill 5 is a joke.

Firestorm has 5s less cooldown, has practically no casting time, and can be cast while moving. Each of its fireballs can hit up to 10 targets. I’m not going to say it’s STRONGER than Ice Storm, but it’s a lot safer and more reliable in the kind of mob situations FGS shines in. Most of the time, Ice Bow is a liability once Ice Storm is on cooldown. It mostly shines against large single targets. FGS always has reliable DPS, and I squeeze every last drop of it out of the time I have it.

"Elite" Ele skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Firestorm as it is now is weaker than the ice bow version. That can’t possibly be right for an ultimate. Ice bow has better range, better damage and cause bleed on top of it. Skill 5 is a joke.

Firestorm has 5s less cooldown, has practically no casting time, and can be cast while moving. Each of its fireballs can hit up to 10 targets. I’m not going to say it’s STRONGER than Ice Storm, but it’s a lot safer and more reliable in the kind of mob situations FGS shines in. Most of the time, Ice Bow is a liability once Ice Storm is on cooldown. It mostly shines against large single targets. FGS always has reliable DPS, and I squeeze every last drop of it out of the time I have it.

Yes, but the DPS is still not really better than my ordinary weapon skills is the problem and I will still prefer to go for ice bow AoW than FGS AoE. I can see why I can want to go for the ice bow in a given situation, but the FGS, apart from moving from A to B, not so much. That skill lacks any combat reasons to be picked. Yes, FGS #5 has advantages over ice storm but they are not weighting as much in the balance to me. There should be no ambiguity an elite is better than a non-elite.

"Elite" Ele skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

Yes, but the DPS is still not really better than my ordinary weapon skills is the problem and I will still prefer to go for ice bow AoW than FGS AoE. I can see why I can want to go for the ice bow in a given situation, but the FGS, apart from moving from A to B, not so much. That skill lacks any combat reasons to be picked. Yes, FGS #5 has advantages over ice storm but they are not weighting as much in the balance to me. There should be no ambiguity an elite is better than a non-elite.

Really? Lacking ANY combat reasons to be picked?

Yeah, we’re never gonna see eye to eye on this. I love FGS too much to even dignify that. The only complaints I have about FGS are the broken Fiery Rush (damage still hasn’t been updated despite what the skill tip says) and Fiery Eruption being almost completely pointless.

"Elite" Ele skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maximillian Greil.1965

Maximillian Greil.1965

I’d like to see an elite where an elementalist can attune to all elements at once. Have all 4 attunements, giving all the bonuses of having the attunements, and perhaps 5 new skills relating to combination elemental attacks?

"Elite" Ele skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: CountzuCrytus.7256

CountzuCrytus.7256

I would much rather have the ability to use an extra utility skill instead of the current elites. I currently use the human racial skills instead of the ele ones. I wouldn’t mind seeing a change or addition. I was really never a fan of the ele elites even before the bug fixes and needs. Adding or changing something would be much appreciated.

I’ve read that at Pax at the end of the month the 2 dervs ( Colin and I forgot the other ones name) are supposed to make a huge announcement… I’m remaining hopeful that it will bring some juice to the table to the entire game (especially eles)

"Elite" Ele skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Really? Lacking ANY combat reasons to be picked?

Yeah, we’re never gonna see eye to eye on this. I love FGS too much to even dignify that. The only complaints I have about FGS are the broken Fiery Rush (damage still hasn’t been updated despite what the skill tip says) and Fiery Eruption being almost completely pointless.

Again it is not that the skill is bad". It’ that it doesn’t compare favorably, at least not enough to matter, to a non-elite. It is in that regard that I consider it “bad” or not “elite”.

"Elite" Ele skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The Fiery Greatword elite needs to be reworked to give less mobility. However, its damaging abilities should be vastly improved and it should feel powerful. Of course I am no expert at balance however a concept for a reworked FGS would be this:

(Skill 1) Flame Wave: Similar to how it is now in functionality and about 10% more damage, however now its projectiles each have a 20% chance of being a projectile finisher. Its cast timer should be reduced to 2 sec for 4 fireballs instead of 2.75.

(Skill 2) Lava Tomb: Range 600. Cooldown 6 seconds. Duration 4 seconds. 0.5 second cast time. Ground Targeted AOE. Stab your sword into the ground and summon 3 lava pools that also count as fire fields. Radius would be similar to the traited(Blasting Staff) staff lava font.

It would look similar to the ember NPC attack with 3 lava fonts spaced closely together in a triangle shape. Each lava font does about half the damage of a staff lava font. Since these fonts overlap, keeping an enemy in the center sweet spot will deal the damage of all 3 lava fonts and keeping an enemy in the other overlaps would deal 2x damage. This would also be affected by the trait persisting flames.

(Skill 3) Fiery Whirl: The same but with an 10 second cooldown instead of a 5 second cooldown.

(Skill 4) Fiery Eruption: 600 range. 20 second cooldown. 2 sec knockup. 0.75 second cast time. 0.25 sec delay between when a red circle would appear beneath the enemy and the eruption. Ground Targeted AOE.

Stab your sword into the ground, dealing moderate damage, and knock up/launch enemies caught in the AOE radius. The AOE size would be similar to the traited(blasting staff) staff lava font. Applies 6 sec of burning.

(Skill 5) Firestorm: The damage should be significantly increased(2x?) and each pulse should apply burning. The cooldown should also be reduced to match the duration of the ability.

Example picture for skill 2:

FGS should do as much damage as Lich form and be the same duration.

It’s injust to have a class elite of a class like the necro (having medium armor and 2 health pool) do 3-4 times the damage of the other class like the ele.

It’s the reason why barely anyone find GW2 has good class balance. Personally I find the class balance is terrible when it comes to dps, armors and survival risk factor.

"Elite" Ele skills.

in Elementalist

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

The Fiery Greatword elite needs to be reworked to give less mobility. However, its damaging abilities should be vastly improved and it should feel powerful. Of course I am no expert at balance however a concept for a reworked FGS would be this:

(Skill 1) Flame Wave: Similar to how it is now in functionality and about 10% more damage, however now its projectiles each have a 20% chance of being a projectile finisher. Its cast timer should be reduced to 2 sec for 4 fireballs instead of 2.75.

(Skill 2) Lava Tomb: Range 600. Cooldown 6 seconds. Duration 4 seconds. 0.5 second cast time. Ground Targeted AOE. Stab your sword into the ground and summon 3 lava pools that also count as fire fields. Radius would be similar to the traited(Blasting Staff) staff lava font.

It would look similar to the ember NPC attack with 3 lava fonts spaced closely together in a triangle shape. Each lava font does about half the damage of a staff lava font. Since these fonts overlap, keeping an enemy in the center sweet spot will deal the damage of all 3 lava fonts and keeping an enemy in the other overlaps would deal 2x damage. This would also be affected by the trait persisting flames.

(Skill 3) Fiery Whirl: The same but with an 10 second cooldown instead of a 5 second cooldown.

(Skill 4) Fiery Eruption: 600 range. 20 second cooldown. 2 sec knockup. 0.75 second cast time. 0.25 sec delay between when a red circle would appear beneath the enemy and the eruption. Ground Targeted AOE.

Stab your sword into the ground, dealing moderate damage, and knock up/launch enemies caught in the AOE radius. The AOE size would be similar to the traited(blasting staff) staff lava font. Applies 6 sec of burning.

(Skill 5) Firestorm: The damage should be significantly increased(2x?) and each pulse should apply burning. The cooldown should also be reduced to match the duration of the ability.

Example picture for skill 2:

FGS should do as much damage as Lich form and be the same duration.

It’s injust to have a class elite of a class like the necro (having medium armor and 2 health pool) do 3-4 times the damage of the other class like the ele.

It’s the reason why barely anyone find GW2 has good class balance. Personally I find the class balance is terrible when it comes to dps, armors and survival risk factor.

Necromancer has light armor not medium armor. The 2nd healthpool auto degenerates. Necromancers also don’t have as much access to passive healing and outside of their healing skill they have very few ways to actually heal.
Lich form is easy to counter if you know how to do it. Boon-rip+cc for example or simple counter-projectile skills or just using the surrounding terrain in your advantage.
Necromancers generally also lack mobility which Elementalist has alot of too.
The only thing that Necros have an abundance of is fear but don’t let that affect you into thinking they have medium armor and double healthpool ok

"Elite" Ele skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kewlman.5689

Kewlman.5689

Anet, can we at least have Tornado modify our base stats like Plague does?
I mean the whole point of Tornado is to toss ppl around and to push ppl off cliffs. Why does Tornado give us extra power and precision?
We need toughness and vitality to survive the whole duration of Tornado while we have no access to our utility skills and vulnerable to all forms of dmg.
I don’t think anybody uses Tornado for dps since it only pulses every 3 seconds and TOSS PPL OUT OF MY AOE!!!
It doesn’t make any sense. Fix it plz!

"Elite" Ele skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

For current WvW play, racial elites of humans/Sylvari is better than any of the Elementalist own elite skills, and thanks to being racial, have not been hit when elementalists skills got nerfed.

To make the class elite skills better than the racial elite skills, they need to make those skill work with the Elementalist game play rather being overpowered in extreme narrow situation, then nerfed, which just leave a mediocre skill that does nothing.

Take Glyph of Elementals, and give them a aura that damages nearby foes. Elementalists are not minion masters, and minions never complemented gameplay that Elementalists has in any weapon set. By making the minion a moveable signet of storm, then it could complement the area of denial aspect in a interesting way, given that it is has enough health to survive.

Conjure Fiery Greatsword currently lacks a purpose beyond being a escape skill. Ice bow does the AoE job better, has the best stun skill in game, and even spreads some conditions. FGS need a role, which could be single target damage if it had boosted auto attacks, added Vulnerability to skill 2, and changed skill 5 to single target nuke. Then they could nerf the mobility of 3 and 4 by smaller range or higher CD.

Tornado is a interesting skill that is sadly unuseable at current state. I would like to see it pull rather than launch, with higher health/armor. It would then fit the role of tank and CC, useable when such role is needed, and give interesting counter-play since the tornado is a huge visible target on the battlefield.

(edited by Belorn.2659)

"Elite" Ele skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

The moderators had to do a whole lot of cleanup in this thread. I think this is a valuable discussion and we’d like it to keep going, but it needs to be on topic, and participants need to be respectful to one another.

The most consistent and longest lived threads in the forums and this is what we get for dev input. Might as well be playing a korean game atleast they admit they dont know how to run a game.

"Elite" Ele skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Ele is missing a non-transformation self buff elite. I think the class could use something like that or simply take the existing tornado and make it into a buff not an transformation having the ele in the center still able to cast spells but with a movable aoe knock back / self stab.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

"Elite" Ele skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I still want something like this

That’s never going to happen. As for actually useful elites, I’ve been saying this for a long time: the elites are generally useless outside of niche situations. As for actually useful elites, I’m skeptical Anet would make changes. If I remember correctly, they claimed a while back that they don’t have a dedicated balance team. Even with the recent (few months back) posting for a dedicated PvP balance dev, I don’t think many changes are going to happen soon.

Off topic: Maria Traydor’s Energy Blast (I forgot the proper name) is beyond overpowered for that game. Even though it’s her penultimate skill, her final skill with the nanobots is basically useless not to mention you need to keep enemies stunlocked or else they will move away from the beam.

"Elite" Ele skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Why dragons tooth (Damage: 764) makes more damage than fiery rush (Damage: 987)? 987 > 764 so fiery rush should hit harder.

Attachments:

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

"Elite" Ele skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

The fire-elemental should at least provide firefields, like the consumable ele from fire-elemental powder does.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]