Engi, the new dd ele

Engi, the new dd ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

first I wanna say this is all for a bit of fun so kitten baggery to a minimum please

So I main an engineer, a few days ago someone posted on the engineer forums complaining that engis are like the way dd eles used to be, remember when no one knew how to beat you so complained you were op, same thing except engis now.

but it got me thinking, I wonder if I can make a build that literally mimics the old dd ele, Challenge accepted I say but there is something I need from people that know how to play dd ele, what do I need to accomplish for it to mimic an ele and I wanna go pritty in-depth, as far as mimicking your skill combos so for example you guys do rtl-> updraft I’m going to do rocker boots-> Ft#3, so what I want is a list of things you guys think are iconic parts to dd ele builds that will be the parameters for me.accomplishing this self set challenge as well as things that I’m not aloud to do so it fits in more like an ele.

once again this is all for fun and I will make a WvW roaming video of how it went and you guys can judge to see if I accurately mimicked the dd ele.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

Engi, the new dd ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

The old unkillable d/d ele roamer was PvT armor with 3 monk 3 water and either omnomberry bread (vit/tough) or boon duration food. I think the trinkets where also PvT or Clerics.

You need might stacks to get dps up. It really is the same as it is now just less mobility. The other key was Ether renewal with mist form which would be baby mode for engis. We both got nerfed that same patch where we couldn’t use skills with mist and engi’s can’t baby mode and heal. I don’t know engis well so I call it baby mode.

So basically boon duration, prot uptime, fury uptime and rtl. PvT so you can 1vX.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Engi, the new dd ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

our most iconic mechanic as d/d roamers is pressing 2 just a second before being stomped by a random enemy and think “ahah I trolled him”. Then respawn.

Engi, the new dd ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Engi has nothing that even remotely resembles the core D/D playstyle, like lightning whip or evasive arcana.
Just about the only things the classes have in common is multiple ability bars via attunements/kits and a bit of thinking required to play well.

Just play Engi properly and enjoy being vastly more effective than Ele :P

our most iconic mechanic as d/d roamers is pressing 2 just a second before being stomped by a random enemy and think “ahah I trolled him”. Then respawn.

^^ Thissssss

(edited by Wintel.4873)

Engi, the new dd ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

The basic old immortal D/D is like ozii said, weapons and armors are full PTV, trinkets are full clerics, and boon duration runes. You might not even need food. But 1 thing that made them truly immortal is the skill Ride the Lightning.

You’ll have a low attack (2700~2800 if i remember correctly), low crit damage, and low crit chance, but you can win because you outlast your opponents. You don’t lose because you can simply run away as well.

I tried doing the same build in this current meta and it was a big failure. People know how to counter D/D eles now so having such a low DPS won’t cut it.

Engi, the new dd ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

Pretty sure PvT armor with clerics trinkets slotted with zerker jewels with 2x water 2x monk and 2x divinity was the go to.

It was many nerfs and bug fixes that stopped D/D being op (trap rangers countered D/D eles in sPvP at the time though). The RtL nerf was the last straw that removed the hit and run tactic that turned D/D from mediocre to underpowered in conjunction with everyone else getting buffs.

The major ones were:
Soothing Disruption’s base regen and vigor durations reduced from 8 to 6 seconds
Bountiful Power from 2% damage to 1% per boon
Auras stopped being treated as boons
Shocking Aura’s applying Zephyr’s Boon and Elemental Shield twice bug got fixed
Impale no longer activates Signet of Restoration twice
Evasive Arcana no longer activates Signet of Restoration twice
Skills no longer usable in Mist Form
Cleansing Fire and Lightning Flash stopped being stun breaks

WvW:
Food that procs effects no longer procs Signet of Restoration

PvP nerfs:
Cleansing Wave dodge healing power ratio nerfed
Cleansing Water received ICD of 5
Signet of Restoration nerfed by 18% (yep after all the bug fixes they still hated Signet of Restoration that much for being a passive heal… and of course they buffed Healing Signet in spite of that)

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

(edited by zencow.3651)

Engi, the new dd ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I think they are in the same way they are pretty much unkillable in the right build. Insane self healing and mobility and could wear people down. Though i dont think they “feel” like D/D in the skills and such they have it is more in what they can do.

Engi, the new dd ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

You forgot the ICD added to Evasive Arcana procs and changes to One With Air in that list as well Zen.

Aaaahhhh I don’t want to remember, shut it offff!

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

(edited by MarzAttakz.9608)

Engi, the new dd ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

I would slot Mist Form back on my bar in a heartbeat if I could use my 6789 while in it again. Currently, I only ever slot it for specific circumstances and then quickly get it the kitten off my bar thereafter.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.