F The Meta

F The Meta

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valdoron.7821

Valdoron.7821

Seriously, I’m used to building for current meta in games like Wow in ages past, but I’m 40 years old, was playing EQ, NN, and UO, and of course vanilla Wow, Rift, SWTOR, and then (only because) I loved the Elder Scrolls franchise, I got into ESO, and actually had a blast and enjoyed the more action-oriented, dodge/skill based combat vs strictly tab-targetting.

Anyway, I think patience with a semi-theorycrafting/meta based focus is beginning to edge away in my “old” age. I also have zero patience or desire for guilds and raids, but basically would just like to enjoy the open worlds bosses, open world content from both expansions, maybe the occasional dungeon, lower level fractals, etc. with my son, who plays as well, and I think we will have plenty to do right there.

My point is, no raids, so I’m less concerned with the current meta builds, and would just like a website with some basic, well performing builds that would more focused on versatile builds that could encompass open world and dungeons, and maybe even builds that work well when duoing with another class, such as Ele/Warr builds or Rngr/Necro builds. Wouldn’t that be cool? Ok so tall order, but maybe someone could help and old slowly decaying gamer and his boy out?

Thanks.

(edited by Valdoron.7821)

F The Meta

in Elementalist

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

TLDR- You are looking for a website that will tell you Open World/Dungeon Builds and what classes work best in tandem.

No site does that directly but there gw2 forums, metabattle builds can be tweaked and reddit.

Here is a good thread from earlier this year on these forums

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/which-build-for-open-world

Here is a solid write up on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2Builds/comments/4yqmf0/pve_some_open_world_builds_from_an_open_world/

Has your son found a class he likes to play? When he finds something he likes, you guys can duo easily.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

F The Meta

in Elementalist

Posted by: mygamingid.5816

mygamingid.5816

Phalanx Strength Warrior is a great foundation for a duo. You’ll offer a ton of offensive boon support, even without the elite spec. It’s an easy build and very effective. The other half is a bit trickier.

This being the Ele forum, I’d say that both DPS and Auramancer specs would work well with a PS Warrior. With 25 Might stacks and banners, Ele’s AOEs will melt targets quickly. Auramancer will be more team friendly, but DPS will be very powerful in open world PvE.

Next, I’d recommend Guardian, Revenant, or Ranger. They can all provide great boons for a duo and also rack up big damage numbers.

F The Meta

in Elementalist

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Seriously, I’m used to building for current meta in games like Wow in ages past, but I’m 40 years old, was playing EQ, NN, and UO, and of course vanilla Wow, Rift, SWTOR, and then (only because) I loved the Elder Scrolls franchise, I got into ESO, and actually had a blast and enjoyed the more action-oriented, dodge/skill based combat vs strictly tab-targetting.

Anyway, I think patience with a semi-theorycrafting/meta based focus is beginning to edge away in my “old” age. I also have zero patience or desire for guilds and raids, but basically would just like to enjoy the open worlds bosses, open world content from both expansions, maybe the occasional dungeon, lower level fractals, etc. with my son, who plays as well, and I think we will have plenty to do right there.

My point is, no raids, so I’m less concerned with the current meta builds, and would just like a website with some basic, well performing builds that would more focused on versatile builds that could encompass open world and dungeons, and maybe even builds that work well when duoing with another class, such as Ele/Warr builds or Rngr/Necro builds. Wouldn’t that be cool? Ok so tall order, but maybe someone could help and old slowly decaying gamer and his boy out?

Thanks.

You know how it is. Open world is about doing what feels right to you. So all I can do is share my current favorite build. Maybe it will give you some ideas at least.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAo4gcMonhlNs0AYEHhiwg09yuZHtCFgAwHE-TxBBQBYZ/hUqEUVq/EgTAArU+hK9AA4BAQKAOHDA-e

Zealot (power/precision/healing), dagger/dagger, water/air/tempest

- Swap out air for earth if survival is an issue.

- You may want to take powerful auras instead of soothing power when you’re teamed up with others.

- Take cleansing water where condi is a problem.

I’ve been having a lot of fun with this build. With only 11.6k health but 1k healing power, you heal to full very quickly only using passive/instant heals. Just swapping to water to proc healing ripple and using frozen burst + frost aura heals for 40% of your health more or less instantly, making it sort of counterproductive to use a heal like the signet active or overload water. And if you run powerful auras, all of those heals with the exception of the signet passive apply to nearby allies at +15% effect while also applying several boons.

The damage output isn’t bad at all either. You have nearly all of the power of a full glass build and very high crit rate. You’re just lacking ferocity, so your crits lack a lot of the punch of full glass. But you can still take down enemies quickly.

It’s sort of a more aggressive, offensive take on the support healer that is very survivable with solid damage. And it’s dagger/dagger! What more could you want?

F The Meta

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I’ve always just used my WvW build for everything. In WvW you usually gotta pack on enough survivability to not get one pushed by a bomb but still pack in plenty of offense to get kills and do damage. I swap in a staff as desired for PvE but otherwise I’ve always preferred Scepter when putzing around solo (lots of might/fury and burst to end PvE quickly).

For WvW I use staff predominantly and the triple cantrip and play like Staff Backline. Survivability becomes an issue (lotta pick or condi cancer) I swap out Fire for Water. When Weaver comes I’ll probably swap in Weaver for Tempest as I like the Weaver’s passive survivability add.

Unfortunately you’re not going to find many websites out there for “normal” builds. Most people are interested in the meta so content gets created to cater to them. Anything else in the past (and probably present) gets shouted down as “ineffecient” or “wasteful” and other memes that they don’t realize if we cared about those things there’s already plenty of info on them. In my experience if you want builds that are designed to take some hits but also kill then WvW tends to be your best source of info.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

F The Meta

in Elementalist

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Condi bunker reaper. Strongest PvE spec in game.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

F The Meta

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conqueror.3682

Conqueror.3682

For kitten the meta, i can tell you: Marauder, F berserker!!!

With marauder you have 3k extra of hp and doing 5% less dps.

Only in death, you find true freedom

F The Meta

in Elementalist

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

My marauder ele did die when she was autorunning in auric bassin while i was getting drink. Build is weak if pocket raptors kill you that fast.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

F The Meta

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conqueror.3682

Conqueror.3682

My marauder ele did die when she was autorunning in auric bassin while i was getting drink. Build is weak if pocket raptors kill you that fast.

Any class will die if you go for a drink… and get attacked by pocket raptors.

Only in death, you find true freedom

F The Meta

in Elementalist

Posted by: Smiggles.6823

Smiggles.6823

Kitten the meta coming straight from the underground! They hate my ele charr because I meow!

Do what’s fun, the rest can get attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis.

(edited by Smiggles.6823)