FGS feedback

FGS feedback

in Elementalist

Posted by: keadlaw.6350

keadlaw.6350

I remember in a live stream awhile back A dev Izzy I think said they were happy with ele mobility being tied to the FGS elite skill. I love this elite and its my goto most of the time but Im finding that the 1s rooted cast makes it very hard to get off most of the time.

IMO I think making the cast work more the lightening hammer 3/4s cast able on the move would go a long way to improving ele mobility issues.

FGS feedback

in Elementalist

Posted by: ImProVocateur.5189

ImProVocateur.5189

Presto! You get mobility (after a 1 second rooted cast), and you get 15 highly mobile chances (as long as you cast nothing else) usable with two skills that also damage quite well (if you weren’t busy running <psst: spin in a wall, /em cuteface>). You just have to wait 3m between uses of “your mobility”.

Disclaimer: FGS will not stop you from getting epic-killed by cc+dmg from the classes we love the most. We’ve done everything we can to ensure your demise, so lodge any complaints with the trash bin over there.

Enjoy and play on!

FGS feedback

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Izzy said they want to review (read NERF) FGS because ele is not supposed to have mobility…..

Mobility is the drawback for versatility.

………
As its low armor
Low HP
Double cooldowns
Worst sustained damage
Half duration of CC
Every skill subpar comparing to other professions similar skills
Being stuck in one single range

Etc etc etc…..

Basically we have 20 skills so we need to be awful at everything according to him.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

FGS feedback

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

I usually cast FGS and use my lighting teleport so the root immobilize is minimized.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

FGS feedback

in Elementalist

Posted by: Basedgod.7328

Basedgod.7328

I think the root is intended as a means to balance its mobility.

Funniest Ele NA
[coVn] Witches I Chaotic Good
Fort Aspenwood

FGS feedback

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

because ele is not supposed to have mobility…..Mobility is the drawback for versatility.

though it’s just a game this somehow makes me raging ..

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

FGS feedback

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Staff range: 0-1200
Scepter range: 0-900
Dagger range: 0-600
Weapon sets requiring to be in melee range (150): 0

Bloody hell it’s so unfair we have no weapons to get stuck into melee range! Nuff ! Berf !

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

FGS feedback

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

Staff range: 0-1200
Scepter range: 0-900
Dagger range: 0-600
Weapon sets requiring to be in melee range (150): 0

Bloody hell it’s so unfair we have no weapons to get stuck into melee range! Nuff ! Berf !

One spell with 600 range doesn’t make dagger a ranged-weapon. If you see it like that GS from warrior would also be a ranged weapon… D/D is still played at melee-range even if it has a bit more range than most other melee-weapons.

And besides you totally missed his point there. Usually melee-weapon-sets are superior to ranged weapons in Guild Wars meaning that you’re rewarded with more damage when running around with melee-weapons. Having a range of 1200 and playing it at melee-range would be utterly stupid in PvP because you don’t get any benefit for it whilest losing the comfort of playing at safe range. Therefore you are more or less stuck at ranged combat. Other classes can switch to play either at a safe distance with the drawback of dealing less damage or if the situation allows it they can use melee-combat to make more damage.
Or why is it that ele staff sucks in PvP and D/D thieves onehit everything?

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

FGS feedback

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Well that Izzy stream was a while ago and this was the balance patch and conjures where touched and it wasn’t nerfed.

They really just need to get rid of the Timer on it or get rid of the charges one or the other. I see the point of them having one or the other but not both. Definitely move on cast of FGS I support.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

FGS feedback

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

Izzy said they want to review (read NERF) FGS because ele is not supposed to have mobility…..

Etc etc etc…..

Basically we have 20 skills so we need to be awful at everything according to him.

this is huge misrepresentation of what he said. he said he was looking at ele mobility. FGS wasnt mentioned as needing to be looked at. it was mentioned later, when he mentioned he liked the tradeoff FGS provided (huge mobility at the cost of an elite slot and a cd).

As ozii mentioned, in the latest round which had a focus on conjures, no nerfs came to FGS. On the contrary, Fiery Axe is now viable, bringing 2 skills with huge damage potential on short cd and a 900" evade roll.

While its obvious that ele’s are in a kittenty place spec wise (still no reason to spec fire, very little reason to spec air if not scepter, and no reason not to take 15 water/20+ arcane, celestial gear mandatory and hard to aquire); saying the devs want us to be awful is a bit much.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

FGS feedback

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

While its obvious that ele’s are in a kittenty place spec wise (still no reason to spec fire, very little reason to spec air if not scepter, and no reason not to take 15 water/20+ arcane, celestial gear mandatory and hard to aquire); saying the devs want us to be awful is a bit much.

I can’t agree with some of these … I am a fan of celestial for D/D in particular but it’s hardly mandatory. There’s also plenty of reason to spec fire for group activities such as dungeon runs (especially speed runs). Some quick combos can give your whole team a minute of fury thanks to 30 in fire.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

FGS feedback

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

I can’t agree with some of these … I am a fan of celestial for D/D in particular but it’s hardly mandatory. There’s also plenty of reason to spec fire for group activities such as dungeon runs (especially speed runs). Some quick combos can give your whole team a minute of fury thanks to 30 in fire.

i was speaking in terms of wvw. you could wear your underwear on your head, spec full fire magic and keyboard turn and beat down the pve content in this game.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

FGS feedback

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Etc etc etc…..

this is huge misrepresentation of what he said. he said he was looking at ele mobility. FGS wasnt mentioned as needing to be looked at. it was mentioned later, when he mentioned he liked the tradeoff FGS provided (huge mobility at the cost of an elite slot and a cd).

As ozii mentioned, in the latest round which had a focus on conjures, no nerfs came to FGS. On the contrary, Fiery Axe is now viable, bringing 2 skills with huge damage potential on short cd and a 900" evade roll.

Actually he posted here exactly about FGS.
Saying the mobility fgs provided was unintended and was looking into it (see nerf).

Unfortunately was just before the e-sport fiasco with 0 elementalist.
So he probably stored the nerf for the future.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

FGS feedback

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The self-root is one of the things they should have changed when they changed the conjures.

But, given the fact that, when in the past they changed the turrets, they only changed the ones that were cast untraited (as in: the ones that aren’t thrown to a location of choice but at the player’s feet), it is not much of a surprise this blatantly obvious fix wasn’t implemented.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.