...FIX this ....

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lillian Wandom Hale.7102

Lillian Wandom Hale.7102

Can I ask what do you guys think about our movement speed, mainly our skills/traits …

• We have Glyph of Elemental Harmony that gives us 10/20 second Swiftness (33%)
  • Second is Signet of Air (25%)
  • Trait Zephyr’s Boon , swiftness per Aura (33%)
  • Trait One with Air , after one minute in Air (25%)
  • Trait Elemental Attunement , swiftness upon attunement (33%)
  • Trait Windborne Dagger , with dagger (15%)

Problem is that NONE OF THESE stack with each other

Glyph and Signet are great, they’re cool ….even Zephyr’s Boon is pretty neat …but the rest of them are useless …and some NOT EVEN WORKING

One with Air, Elemental Attunement and Windborne Dagger must be changed to something actually useful …

One with Air : Increased Critical chance or Critical damage
Elemental Attunement : either 50% Movement boost, or Vigor
Windborne Dagger : really, we’ll take ANYTHING but this

What do you guys think ?
Do you like having 4 traits, 2 skills and few passives for non stacking movement speed boost ?

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

Unfortunately having them stack would result in huge OPness….
I can see SoA being quite useful for people who wanna run S/F, not much swiftness running about there.

But then, Glyph of Elemental Harmony Zephyr’s Boon Elemental Attunement don’t stack? Ofc they do, they give you swiftness stacking in duration, somethign that applies to every class and every swiftness buff in game… Drop 2 of those and you’ll have difficulties for constant swiftness. Something most people very much desires.

[TA]

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aisa.2817

Aisa.2817

If you want them to stack as in 33% + 25% = 58%, then no, that wouldn’t be right.
If you mean just time stacking, then I haven’t noticed a problem with Swiftness stacking myself. As far as I know, there aren’t any classes that get a speed boost higher than 33% ever.

Give me coffee or give me…. Screw it. Just give me coffee.

http://epicstory.herobo.com

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Elementalist is one of the few classes that can easily stack permanent swiftness which is greater than the 25% passive that most classes get AND we get that too.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

You don’t need 20 points in Air for perma swiftness. There are several ways to get it otherwise … Combofinisher into static field + air-4 with staff + boon duration -> perma swiftnes. Same goes for D/D with Air I-Trait and air-5 (and maybe switch to staff or fokus for more auras). You don’t even need to use the heal glyph. Elemental Attunement also always included

that aside i agree with you that those traits (at least Windborne Dagger and One with Air) are completely useless.

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

(edited by Gorni.1764)

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

There are also duration increasing runes, aura boons builds, combos…seriously, the last thing you need to worry about is perma swiftness. There’s hardly any build that can’t get it.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

There are also duration increasing runes, aura boons builds, combos…seriously, the last thing you need to worry about is perma swiftness. There’s hardly any build that can’t get it.

Which is why traits like windbourne dagger and such are 100% useless and should be changed,which is the point the op was trying to make.

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Which is why traits like windbourne dagger and such are 100% useless and should be changed,which is the point the op was trying to make.

But they’re not useless.

To maintain permanent Swiftness you pretty much are going to mostly be in Air and using cool downs that you may not want to be using in combat. I certainly don’t want to be wasting Static Field and Arcane Wave in the middle of combat nor just widly use my heal for a bit of speed if I may need it to actually heal. These also require staff. Then there’s Signet of Air which is 25% but it also takes up 1/3rd of your utility slots.

There’s “One with Air” trait that adds 25% but you’re forced to stay in Air. It’s also the only run speed that I know of that worked in the Mad King’s Clock Tower much to the jealousy of those around me. Then we come to “Windborne Dagger” which is only 15% but it has no limitations other than you use a specific weapon.

Is it perfect? Probably not. Then again I’m thinking back to my Mesmer who pretty much has to wear 6/6 Centaur Runes just to get any kind of speed at all and realize that we’re not in a bad shape at all.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Windborne Dagger I definately agree needs to be changed. Dagger already has plenty of mobility options in and of itself, and a bit of extra movement speed isn’t very impressive for a weapon-specific trait. Staff gets bigger AoE and Daggers gets a bit of movement speed (that will barely be noticable in combat)? That doesn’t seem very fair. That and its 100% broken anyway.

One with Air should be changed, if only because it requires you to have Zephyr’s Speed and using the two of them together is mostly making ZS useless. I suppose the alternative would be to keep One with Air and replace ZS with something else. Either way one of them ought to be switched up to clean up a bit of redundancy.

The rest I’m fine with staying as-is. Elemental Attunement in particular has other uses because it gives Swiftness which is stronger than the passive boosts and also gives Swiftness to other people.

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

Posted by: JonSnow.5610

JonSnow.5610

GW2 101: all races have the same base speed (even Charrs who run funny) so as not to give an advantage to other races. If they would listen to you, this would result in Eles running all over the map in 10 seconds or less. Which isn’t what you want if you are looking for balance

So no.

We can easily stack permanent swiftness on our weapons so don’t see any real issue. I do agree that windbore dagger is beyond useless.

Many that live deserve death, and some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?
Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise can not see all ends

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

Posted by: bashoo.6854

bashoo.6854

Can I ask what do you guys think about our movement speed, mainly our skills/traits …

• We have Glyph of Elemental Harmony that gives us 10/20 second Swiftness (33%)
  • Second is Signet of Air (25%)
  • Trait Zephyr’s Boon , swiftness per Aura (33%)
  • Trait One with Air , after one minute in Air (25%)
  • Trait Elemental Attunement , swiftness upon attunement (33%)
  • Trait Windborne Dagger , with dagger (15%)

Problem is that NONE OF THESE stack with each other

Stacking these would be OP – no doubt.
Zephyr’s Speed, Windborne Dagger and One with Air are useless and those should be replaced by something else.

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

If you want them to stack as in 33% + 25% = 58%, then no, that wouldn’t be right.
If you mean just time stacking, then I haven’t noticed a problem with Swiftness stacking myself. As far as I know, there aren’t any classes that get a speed boost higher than 33% ever.

Thieves get 50% in stealth

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

Aisa.2817

Thieves get 50% in stealth

I haven’t leveled a thief very high and didn’t realize that. Nice! Guess I’ll have to get her leveled just to play around with that. ^_~

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

they don’t stack so we have a choice in how we attain our much needed mobility.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

Lillian Wandom Hale.7102

I never said that they should stack, of course they shouldn’t …

and since they don’t ..why do we have so many of them …

It is BECAUSE they don’t stack, most of them are useless

I am NOT asking for our movement speed boosts to stack, I am suggesting devs to exchange some of our, “less useful” traits.

• PS , Thief’s and Engineers have 50% boost, why shouldn’t Staff/Focus Ele ?
    (I am alluding staff/focus because DD has more then enough mobility on low cd )

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

Aisa.2817

Which trait/skill give engineer 50%? I haven’t seen that. I just use the one that let’s kits grant swiftness when equipped. That’s just 33%. I’m curious now.

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

Posted by: MrLT.6028

MrLT.6028

It would just be nice if swiftness worked inside of combat

Caritas Æternum [BT]
80 Human Ele
#magswag

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

I think it’s just different means to gain speed through different builds and skills (meaning you don’t have just one build that provides you speed). Although you could argue it’s sort of overkill to have so many skill/trait sources for speed. But then again, e.g mesmers only have one speed skill (and a trait that almost no one uses), so I wouldn’t really complain much about it.

Btw, also if you look at the skills and traits you mentioned, the swiftness is directly associated with the Air attunement/element, same way as fire goes with might, water with heal/regen, earth with protection. Swiftness is just a part of our attunement mechanic. If it wasn’t, I guess we wouldn’t have the same ability for perma swiftness as we do now.

(edited by paleeshi.1924)

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

Lillian Wandom Hale.7102

I think it’s just different means to gain speed through different builds and skills (meaning you don’t have just one build that provides you speed). Although you could argue it’s sort of overkill to have so many skill/trait sources for speed. But then again, e.g mesmers only have one speed skill (and a trait that almost no one uses), so I wouldn’t really complain much about it.

Btw, also if you look at the skills and traits you mentioned, the swiftness is directly associated with the Air attunement/element, same way as fire goes with might, water with heal/regen, earth with protection. Swiftness is just a part of our attunement mechanic. If it wasn’t, I guess we wouldn’t have the same ability for perma swiftness as we do now.

Soo many mistakes XD, but okay…

It’s because Mesmers don’t have useless Swiftness traits , they are one of the OP SPvP Classes.

Imagine if in stead of those 3 useless traits we had 3 more combat reliant ?

Swiftness traits are cute ….but they still pwn us ….

Swiftness isn’t fury or might ..it gives no power, just the ability to ESCAPE …rarely

• (somewhat useless when in combat because speed is decreased)

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

paleeshi.1924

It’s because Mesmers don’t have useless Swiftness traits , they are one of the OP SPvP Classes.

Swiftness isn’t fury or might ..it gives no power, just the ability to ESCAPE …rarely

The 2 skills you named I don’t use. However, many other else use Glyph of Elemental Harmony .
You named 2 traits in Air and 2 traits in Arcana.

In air I have 10 points and I use one of those traits you mentioned (Zephyr’s boon). That gives not only speed but also fury (which is damage, so its not useless by your definition).

In Arcana I have 30 points and again I use one of those traits you mentioned (Elemental Attunement). Again, it does not just give swiftness, but might, protection, regeneration depending on your attunement. So it’s not bad trait either by your definition. I agree that Windborne Dagger is pretty useless, but I could name a few more useful traits in Arcana beside those 3 that I already use. So I wouldn’t say that Arcana trait line lacks good traits. Air trait line is somewhat bad, but I could still fill 30 points in it I had too (all depend on the build itself of course).

Btw, else are considered op in spvp as well. Most of those else are running D/D. Most of those eles who run D/D are using both Zephyrs boon and Elemental Attunement. Some of them also use Glyph of Elemental Harmony instead of Signet of resolve. And I hate to break it to you, but eles is one of the best spvp classes.

(edited by paleeshi.1924)

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

Lillian Wandom Hale.7102

The 2 skills you named I don’t use. However, many other else use Glyph of Elemental Harmony .

In air I have 10 points and I use one of those traits you mentioned (Zephyr’s boon). That gives not only speed but also fury (which is damage, so its not useless by your definition).

In Arcana I have 30 points and again I use one of those traits you mentioned (Elemental Attunement). Again, it does not just give swiftness, but might, protection, regeneration depending on your attunement. So it’s not bad trait either by your definition. I agree that Windborne Dagger is pretty useless, but I could name a few more useful traits in Arcana beside those 3 that I already use. So I wouldn’t say that Arcana trait line lacks good traits. Air trait line is somewhat bad, but I could still fill 30 points in it I had too (all depend on the build itself of course).

Btw, else are considered op in spvp as well. Most of those else are running D/D. Most of those eles who run D/D are using both Zephyrs boon and Elemental Attunement.

XD Thank you Hun

The 2 skills you named I don’t use.

Out of 6, you use 2 …ergo 4 go to garbage …

Out of them ALL you best described what I am fighting for, thank you on your example

Thank You, Lillian

EDIT
You tried to edit your post to save Glyph and Signet.
Touché, but 1st words are the REAL words
PS. IF somebody uses signet, they can throw away all traits and glyph … 8% never saved anybody

(edited by Lillian Wandom Hale.7102)

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Perma swiftness means that you can achieve it outside combat, the threat of entering combat, or have to think tactically about fighting enemies, right? I mean, using auras, GoEH etc. just before entering combat for the sake of swiftness sounds pretty foolish, and hampers you more than you would gain.

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

paleeshi.1924

XD Thank you Hun

The 2 skills you named I don’t use.

Out of 6, you use 2 …ergo 4 go to garbage …

Out of them ALL you best described what I am fighting for, thank you on your example

Thank You, Lillian

EDIT
You tried to edit your post to save Glyph and Signet.
Touché, but 1st words are the REAL words
PS. IF somebody uses signet, they can throw away all traits and glyph … 8% never saved anybody

Lol Glyph of Elemental Harmony is not garbage. It’s a great skill, but Signet of restoration works much better with my build because I use Healing power in my gear. Many eles use Glyph of Elemental Harmony for the extra boons and since it heals for more. So just cause you don’t use all the traits, and skills they are garbage? Mind you, I can only have one healing skill. And you know there’s only limited amount of traits and utilities you can have. Still 3 of the 6 traits/skills you mentioned are good.

Eles like many other classes have more or less bad traits/traits less. So what? We’ aren’t unique in that matter.

“PS. IF somebody uses signet, they can throw away all traits and glyph … 8% never saved anybody”

I’m not sure exactly what you mean with this statement? I was talking about signet of restoration (sorry, I wrote resolve in previous post, that is the gurdian heal) as an alternative heal to Glyph of Elemental Harmony. Both are good heals depending on build. I never said anything about signet of air so I didn’t “try to save it”.

Other than that, to somewhat return to the original topic/issues. Having speed is still useful for quicker map discovery and in pvp to chase down enemies and getting away in pve/pvp.

Honestly, you seem to think that everything is so bad with Eles, everything ranging from weapons, utilities and traits. I’m surprised why you even play this class. But thats your call. Still there are eles who use the skills, traits, utilities you trash so much and have no problem with it.

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

paleeshi.1924

If you by 8% mean the passive heal effect of signet of restoration, I can tell you that I use this skill mostly for the passive effect and rarely uses it as active. If I need to heal I first swap to water and use my d/d healing skills, then if I really must, I will use the active skill of signet of restoration. But the water skills on d/d and the passive effect usually keeps my hp at a safe point.

And yea, I made a 2nd post since obviously editing posts is now somehow not OK.

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

Lillian Wandom Hale.7102

If you by 8% mean the passive heal effect of signet of restoration, I can tell you that I use this skill mostly for the passive effect and rarely uses it as active. If I need to heal I first swap to water and use my d/d healing skills, then if I really must, I will use the active skill of signet of restoration. But the water skills on d/d and the passive effect usually keeps my hp at a safe point.

Uhmm… We’re talking about Swiftness and Signet of Air

Swiftness 33% speed boost
Signet of Air 25% Speed boost

Those 8% never saved anybody ( 33% – 25% = 8% )

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

paleeshi.1924

Well I actually never said anything but Signet of Air, but I used this skill when I leveled my ele in early levels to get around fast on maps and leveling. Now I don’t need to since I can have perma swiftness through boon duration and traits and other skills.
You do forget the active effect of signet of air, which is actually not that bad. I used it only for that purpose on my S/F, condition, signet spvp build a while back, which I had good success with. But then I again, you think I must be an idiot for using Scepter since Staff is the only viable option according to you.

The main problem is that 4 of those 6 skills/traits you complain about have other useful effects that can be used as well. They are not ONLY speed.

...FIX this ....

in Elementalist

Lillian Wandom Hale.7102

Well I actually never said anything but Signet of Air, but I used this skill when I leveled my ele in early levels to get around fast on maps and leveling. Now I don’t need to since I can have perma swiftness through boon duration and traits and other skills.
You do forget the active effect of signet of air, which is actually not that bad. I used it only for that purpose on my S/F, condition, signet spvp build a while back, which I had good success with. But then I again, you think I must be an idiot for using Scepter since Staff is the only viable option according to you.

The main problem is that 4 of those 6 skills/traits you complain about have other useful effects that can be used as well. They are not ONLY speed.

Yes… and 4 can stay ^^ … I never said REMOVE ALL

2 others are plain garbage