Fail build? Fire

Fail build? Fire

in Elementalist

Posted by: StarsCloudy.1396

StarsCloudy.1396

Hey guys. My ele was the first class which i brought to lvl 80. I was very happy with my build… but a bit later i think it’s pretty senseless. It’s suppose to do dmg and even that is low.
Anyway here is the build:
30/0/30/0/10
Went fire/might build

Armor:
Everything has: Power, Vitallity and Thoughness and have the runes of strength.
Weapon(staff, sometimes d/d):
Does the same as armor and has +250 condition dmg when full stacked.
Accessory (all ascended .. yea that’s a kinda problem for a realbuild)
The same as the Armor/weapon and the amulet has an offensive infusion instead of a help fusion which is kinda fail.

Anyway… i want to rebuild. I guess i wont change my Accessories but the other eq.
I don’t rly much care if its support or dmg. I just want to be useful as my ele.
So the question is:
Which build should i try with those accessories?

Would be happy if you answer.

Fail build? Fire

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

There’s really no point to go 30 in fire since you basicly get 1 useless stat. As I’m sure you have figured out already ele’s have barely any condition damage. So getting condition duration aint gonna be that usefull either then. If you want to have a power spec you always need a certain amount of base power and a certain amount of critical damage. If you have neither of these 2 then both wont work. ( you also need precision for making your critical damage effective so basicly you need 3 stats. )

I strongly suggest to put your main trait points into air and arcane. You will get your main damage from air since you get critical damage and and precision. Those are already 2 stats you need from 1 trait line. There are a lot of possibilites you can go but if I were to a wvwvw staff build I would run something similar to this.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQFAWhImkbkx5wjDAkCoIeUhFQUeMTO2A-TkAg0CnIyRljLHTOycs5MEB

btw your idea of running a might build definitely isn’t bad. Try to combine it with sigels such as superior sigel of battle so you constantly have the 5% damage boost from your runes.

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

(edited by Bsgapollo.5364)

Fail build? Fire

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

PvE? WvW? PvP?

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Fail build? Fire

in Elementalist

StarsCloudy.1396

It’s everything except PvP, but the focus will be dungeons and fractals

Fail build? Fire

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

As far as I’m concerned there’s only 3 viable PvE Elementalist builds.
You have staff:
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/85568-lh-is-the-new-bearbow-the-real-staff-dps-build-for-manly-men/

Dagger/Focus:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Zelyhn-s-Advanced-PvE-Build-Direct-Damage/first

Scepter/x + Lightning Hammer in which you use Persisting Flames and stack might before and possibly between Lightning Hammers with the numerous blast finishers you get from the weapon set + Arcane Wave. Making the most of LH damage with Piercing Shards from Water.
I personally run this with 30 in Air to nab Vuln stacking and that glorious crit damage+crit chance. The other builds, especially Zelyhn’s are a lot more PuG friendly as you’re not restricted to one attunement and 0 utility, though consequently dealing less damage.

All require full Berserker gear/trinkets/weapons to be even remotely useful and using/abusing Fiery Greatsword wherever you can.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Fail build? Fire

in Elementalist

Posted by: bookman.9260

bookman.9260

besides the fact that runes of strength are bugged, you don’t do damage because all you have is PVT gear. I run something similar to the staff build Dolan posted, but if I find myself dying a little too much I have valk armor/Knights I can switch out, and PVT/Zerker trinkets I can fall back on to be a little safer.

Fail build? Fire

in Elementalist

StarsCloudy.1396

Thank you for the help. So i have to build crit dmg and crit chance with ascended Accessory which has strength, vit and thoughness. Combined together it’s pretty useless.
I wish i could trade them back, even for 50% price…

Fail build? Fire

in Elementalist

Posted by: Phi Is Sly.1857

Phi Is Sly.1857

I run 30 in fire, having nearly 4k attack is sweet