Farewell my main elementalist :c

in Elementalist

Posted by: EARL.8312

EARL.8312

I remember the days i completely revamp my keybinds just to master you…
the days we roam with daggers and 70% boon duration
the days we unlimitedly blast might with our lightning hammer along with our old friend fire elemental powder ember
the days we fiery rush to the wall or lightning flash-rush with our enemy
and to these days we freeze our enemies and crush them with a massive icestorm.. sometimes i just want to breath some fresh air but looks like now i cant because of the bolt in my heart.. and it seem like cant protect on earth either, because id rather evade the pain and cleanse it with water…

what a dramatic farewell… ive taken interest on warrior or guardian because of the buffs,
i really wanna try the phalanx warior 2.0 and the damage modifier guardian

but i wont lose hope, just incase despite of all the nerfs, hopefuly we get a good elite specialization
tempest might be my new main..
i dont think air is good anymore to take, bolt of the heart is stronk but i think its not worth since it only activate at low health and we are force to chose cheesy adept and master trait just to get that
so i might take tempest, fire and water… but it really depends on how good tempest will be…

correct me if im wrong that air is not worth taking just for bolt of the heart(considering if tempest is good)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Air line is basically:

Zephyr’s Boon if you are Aurashare or One with Air because Ferocity on Healing Power is garbage because Healing Power is garbage.

Master line it’s pick your poison. For staff you’ll use Tempest Defense because the Air line in staff is…not…good. For Dagger you may want to consider using Aeromancer Training because 10% crit damage ain’t awful if it’s a longer fight. Scepter I’d probably use Tempest Defense because it’s paired with Focus or Dagger both which have a lot of CC in them but 10% crit damage for the instant lightning bolts ain’t a kick in the face either. Inscriptions continues to be there because where else would they put our useless traits that they said they were overhauling? Oh hey, I can get a single boon on a class that practically poops boons with each step they take? Best Master trait ever!

Grandmaster is pretty much going to be Fresh Air for burst damage and Bolt to the Heart for sustained damage. Lightning Rod continues to remain an interesting option for large scale WvW fights but the loss of it combined with Bolt to the Heart and otherwise makes the whole Air line somewhat suspect for large scale WvW in general meaning it may very well fall off in use.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

EARL.8312

im a staff ele pve btw which mean the only trait ill care in air is bolt of the heart and tempest defense adept choices are pretty much meh, tempest defence got indirect nerf? i dont know if you can still deep freeze a boss or if it activates on the new defiance mehanix and the said icebow damage nerf considering how strong nerfbat hits fgs ill say goodbye to icebow

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Well lets look at it in the grand picture

Fire – No real buffs or Nerfs
Air – Major mess created/ Nerf
Earth – Unchanged
Water – Buffed a little
Arcane – Major mess created/ a little nerfed

Cantrips – Too early to tell
SoR – Unchanged
Glyphs – Did anyone use these?
Signets – Too early to tell

Elites – One can only hope
Conjures- Nerfed a little

In total its too early to tell but air and arcane got messed up.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

It was allways a mystery to me why people are so fast in jumping to conclusions. We will see once they apply the changes, no need to be over dramatic.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

What are you talking about? I checked the GW2 news, but couldn’t find anything. Please always refer to a source (link, picture, video etc.)

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

What I don’t understand was the Warrior in a such bad place to be buffed this much?

Was the Ele so OP so it has to be nerfed this way.

I don’t remember any single build that I didn’t used Elemental Attunement, it is the bread and butter of Ele and it took 3 years for ANet to figure out it is an GM trait, I mean common.

Well if the ANet says we love the warriors and that is what you should play, I will do it and bored from the game again in one month and leave it again.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Staff Dungeon doesn’t use Elemental Attunement and that’s a meta build:

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Elementalist_-_Staff

Also, thank you for “helping” me to find out that it’s Dulfy’s page. Please note that those traits are not set in stone and subject of change…

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Elementalist

EARL.8312

im not using elemental attunement in my staff dungeon build i use it on my second ele that was backline ele build, yeah i love ele that much that i made a second one

sorry if im jumping into conclusion or something and i know those changes are not final but this is what i feel after knowing those changes(?)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dartanis.8205

Dartanis.8205

Well lets look at it in the grand picture

Fire – No real buffs or Nerfs
Air – Major mess created/ Nerf
Earth – Unchanged
Water – Buffed a little
Arcane – Major mess created/ a little nerfed

Cantrips – Too early to tell
SoR – Unchanged
Glyphs – Did anyone use these?
Signets – Too early to tell

Elites – One can only hope
Conjures- Nerfed a little

In total its too early to tell but air and arcane got messed up.

Earth was nerfed. Earth embrace is 25% trigger instead of 50%.
Arcane is a huge nerf. Since we can no longer have evasive arcana and boons on attunement.

in Elementalist

EARL.8312

fire got buffed
air got nerfbat
earth was nerfed
water got buffed
arcane got nerfbat

cantrip buffed traitwise
glyph still the same i use glyph of stoms btw
signets the same