[Feedback] PWR Weaver Sword dps (or lacking)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ghin.1653

Ghin.1653

Now I had a fun thought. Why not finally make a power character. And alongside it a support role. So of course lets take cleric, tank dps and healz. Sounds good right? The tank was good, the healz were great only one thing was missing…… The bloody dps.

It took me 20 minutes or more just to clear the first freaking map of enemies because:
A) The swords dps game in general is lacking
B) Water sword for some reason has less than half dmg values for all skills and the scaling hurts like a gutcheck. Yes the healz mean a LITTLE less dps, not low ball scaling when the healing doesn’t account for these numbers I’m seeing.

This is to the point where my guild mates are literally saying “its a condi focused elite spec” which is clearly not true because ele in general gets access to both ends from 4 elements.

I took every damage trait upgrade available ontop of cc lightning strikings. It’s extremely easy to get 25% vuln boost, 20% bonus dmg against vuln enemies, 10% while above 90% (rather easy to maintain with all that good healing and shielding) and more boosts from everywhere else in these lines and sigils, which would theoretically lead to large damage values, at the very least while using lightning. Sadly not the case.

And to my even worse dismay when I attempted to see if Zealot gear would make my sadness go away, it wasn’t available in beta chest…… Please fix that…..
Aside rant...AND the method to make that even, its a NICH item, shouldn't be insanity to craft or obtain zealot gear thankyou.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

What did you expect to happen equipping Clerics? Only having power with no precision for crits and no ferocity for crit damage is going to have a hard time taking things down. I slapped zerk with scholar runes onto mine and I was wrecking things with just random button pushes. I imagine adding in some nice condi damage for a hybrid power/condi would be even better. Actually getting to try this new spec out in PvE made me fall in love with it…it’s elegant game play.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Biggest limiting factor I found towards my DPS was that most auto attack chains would get interrupted on the 130 only range and the slow animation/attack speeds. Like I’d go in for an auto attack, but since many of the Balthazar mobs like move around constantly (oh boy Wolves again) they’d simply go out of range and then there goes the attack chain as I run around. Looking at other classes with similar melee weapons their auto attack chains tend to run 1/4 or 1/2 to solve that where as most of the Weaver Sword seems to be 3/4.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Ghin.1653

Well for one, I didn’t expect it to take 20 freaking minutes to make it out of the starter map with cleric gear. Cloth Melee isn’t supposed to be squishy and take spike damage, your already light armour, all it would take is a quick burst against a REAL enemy with assassin or rampager gear on (like a boss targeting you or load of condi stacks), thief has stealth and dodge, mesmer has stealth and illusions (mirage with the dodge), the answer to EVERY damage problem should not be power crit vs condi (or condi crit).

Condi scales fine on ele without crit, so very much that Power should too without demanding it be a crit hit. Crit is EXTRA. That shouldnt amount to a 17-18 minute clear time difference. I guess ill just someday test zealot ascended gear on ele since beta didnt provide (though again i shouldn’t need to crit for that much of a combat difference).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alwayshappy.2549

Alwayshappy.2549

I’m sorry, but with that gear…what did you expect? I tried it with a mix of Marauder and Viper’s and felt like a cannonball, everything just died..while having enough self sustain aswell. So yeah..sorry, this thread just shows me some people will always have/find something to whine about. That’s like a Thief going in with full toughness armor: ‘geez, where is that damage other classes have?’.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Agent Noun.7350

Agent Noun.7350

Well for one, I didn’t expect it to take 20 freaking minutes to make it out of the starter map with cleric gear. Cloth Melee isn’t supposed to be squishy and take spike damage, your already light armour, all it would take is a quick burst against a REAL enemy with assassin or rampager gear on (like a boss targeting you or load of condi stacks), thief has stealth and dodge, mesmer has stealth and illusions (mirage with the dodge), the answer to EVERY damage problem should not be power crit vs condi (or condi crit).

Condi scales fine on ele without crit, so very much that Power should too without demanding it be a crit hit. Crit is EXTRA. That shouldnt amount to a 17-18 minute clear time difference. I guess ill just someday test zealot ascended gear on ele since beta didnt provide (though again i shouldn’t need to crit for that much of a combat difference).

If you don’t want to go full glass cannon in solo PvE, use Marauder, not Cleric or Zealot. Marauder gives you Power, Precision, Ferocity, and Vitality, which basically gives you a somewhat weaker version of Berserker but with more Vitality so you don’t die nearly as quickly.

Note that, in group PvE, Power and Condition Damage DPS builds are equally glassy. Power uses Berserker (Power, Precision, Ferocity), while Condition Damage uses some combination of Viper (Power, Condition Damage, Precision, Expertise) and Sinister (Condition Damage, Power, Precision), depending on the profession and build. Neither has survivability stats. Pure Condition Damage, with no Power, Precision, or Expertise, is going to do low DPS, just like Power will without any Precision or Ferocity.

The problem you’re having is that you’re using kinda crappy stat sets.

(edited by Agent Noun.7350)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hana.8143

Hana.8143

Well, even the zerker version is kinda weak, but the condi build is good, so should I complain or be happy ? I don’t know anymore. Please, end my suffering

in Elementalist

Agent Noun.7350

Well, even the zerker version is kinda weak, but the condi build is good, so should I complain or be happy ? I don’t know anymore. Please, end my suffering

I’m personally holding out hope for sword to get some direct damage buffs before PoF’s release, so complain away.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hana.8143

Hana.8143

I’m also hoping from them to make some changes, but it’s gonna be more power for less condition damage, or something like that, since the condi builds are really strong atm. (you can stack 10 burning and bleeding without touching your keyboard, that’s sweet)

The real question is : What did they wanted to do when they make the weaver ?
It’s actually not good at support nor it is at healing. It doesn’t have a proper power build. It’s not a good class when it comes to condi clean. It can’t debuff the enemy and can’t share its barrier. The mechanic is cool, but with little rewards (300 barrier lel)

it can dual attune, that’s sweet, and what ?

Is it made specially for pvp so it can 1v1 and actually survive while putting pressure?
(it might be good in pvp, since it’s a small scale fight and sustain matters, but that’s it, plus some builds can provide a bit of a sustain in small scale (2 water sword for exemple))
Is it a class you’ll only play outside of zerg in wvw ? You’ll just roam around ?
(if it’s just a class you can expect to kill one or two people during a zerg fight, it’s not going to be viable, actually i’m crying cause it’s a melee class, but it’s going to be outside of the melee since it doesn’t benefit the others)
Can this be played in PvE and compete with the actual tempest power build ? (Power is all that matter in pve, so if it’s not better, it won’t be viable, and actually, you’re loosing overloads, which are strong in pve)

Like i’m saying, if the 3, while dual attunements are up, was about giving barrier to others, or removing (some ?) barrier from enemies, it would change the weaver as a good class (Since the new barrier has nothing to counter it). The sword has a really good mechanic as well, but lacks of dps and range (one step and you’re out of range). And unravel (kill it kill it) has to be renamed as “Can’t Play Weaver, So I’ll Reject New Things And Use My Skills Only When Unravel Is Up Instead Of Looking For New Rotations” (might be a be long, but you get the idea)

(edited by Hana.8143)

in Elementalist

Ghin.1653

Ill take the plunge and try Zealot gear when i get the funds. Ele and weaver gets plenty access to ferocity anyway, shame we can’t get critical heals.

in Elementalist

Ghin.1653

That is very true Hana, the barrier is actually scaled on healing power now that I look at it, so by going healing power at all I am benefiting for barriers. However this does not benefit anyone else at all, as from what I can see nothing shares the barrier at all, not even a trait to allow something of a bigger support role (which it should).

I wanted to do a semi support role, but the barrier addition doesn’t actually have anything here to add it onto allies, unlike tempest with ele who can buff allies with auras. I hope they fix that, then we have a truly good support addition to the team, granting barriers to allies while attack or with its utility (even dodging).

Weaver really does feel like a jumble of “this looks cool” stuff that hasn’t quite been fully groomed yet compared to the other classes, but thats somewhat expected I guess since it technically gets all 3 rolls every elite specialization added? They even removed the 3 localized fire fields tidbit they had on a skill earlier, which would have directly traited into longer fire fields adding a bit of ridiculousness.

in Elementalist

Agent Noun.7350

Ill take the plunge and try Zealot gear when i get the funds. Ele and weaver gets plenty access to ferocity anyway, shame we can’t get critical heals.

I’m not sure if you realize how much extra damage piling on Ferocity adds. You say Elementalist and Weaver get “plenty of Ferocity,” but they really don’t, not compared to what you get with gear.

In the open world, if you want survivability and good damage at the same time, you want Marauder, not Zealot or Cleric or any other Healing Power stat set.

As for roles, ArenaNet’s stated goal for Weaver is pure DPS. Tempest has much more support options than Weaver, so if you want to do a support build, go Tempest. You don’t get barrier, but you get lots of boons and heals.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I think what is plaguing the sword on weaver is the 1 chain skill where say the dagger 1 skill dose all of its dmg and full effect with just one hit. If the chain carried over though different atuments (every 3 sec swap) then i could see the chain working. As things stand it dose not work like that so having a 3 hit skill that may take 2 to 4 sec real time to full cast will not work well with having to cast other skills 2 and 3 that may take 1 sec of real time each too.

So make the 1 skill on the sword have 2 hit chain or only 1 with all of its effect with in that hit OR just make the chain hits carry over to each atument.
So Fire Strike fire 1 first chain sword can go into Clapotis water 1 chain 2 by simply swamping to water after the first use of fire 1. Say add in a 3 sec hold timer for the 1 chain effect. Letting you do some weird combo with the 1 chain skill on sword and land the big hitting atument chain 3 with very effects of condi cc healing or pure dmg.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I was using the sword for the first few mobs of the “please try to crash our servers test” the other day. Then switched to dagger and it was immediately obvious that sword is flat out inferior to dagger for damage on a full zerk ele.

I then switched to tempest for air overload spam and realised tempest is far better in a fresh air build even after all the nerfs than weaver. I tried staff weaver and that looks like it’ll probably see the most use but every other weapon set doesn’t seem to be that good for weaver. Didn’t try sceptre but sword is far too clunky and the auto chain does too little damage with too high a cast time.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I wish I’d made an ele instead of a necro (minion master to help break the server, which we did, successfully >.>) to test this. I’d stored all of my legendary gear and trinkets in my bank and could have easily tested damage. If there’s another weekend or test before launch, I’ll be sure to do it again and post actual numbers with real gear.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

I hope sword will get auto dps increased and cast time/animations decreased, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Ghin.1653

While the intention might be aimed at dps, as it stands the only two classes who give barrier at present. Having one only be a selfish barrier is kind of dumb. While the main intention can certainly be dps (which is still lacking according to above reports), once again ele is supposed to be the jack of trades with regards to flexibility, so I would still like to see barrier share and some better sword melee work, the 130 range is just freaking brutal and sad for ele.

Also really wanna make a build that plays on those lightning strike when cc.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conqueror.3682

Conqueror.3682

This thread is stupid.

OP complaining with low DPS in cleric gear……

The unique issue i see is that weaver’s barrier is too low.

The rest, well we must play the class to see it.

Only in death, you find true freedom

in Elementalist

Agent Noun.7350

While the intention might be aimed at dps, as it stands the only two classes who give barrier at present. Having one only be a selfish barrier is kind of dumb. While the main intention can certainly be dps (which is still lacking according to above reports), once again ele is supposed to be the jack of trades with regards to flexibility, so I would still like to see barrier share and some better sword melee work, the 130 range is just freaking brutal and sad for ele.

Also really wanna make a build that plays on those lightning strike when cc.

I agree that sword needs some help (not sure if today’s stress test build will have updated numbers or not).

But part of the problem was definitely your gear. Cleric and Zealot gear are not going to give you good damage no matter what profession or spec you play.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DarkForcE.9210

DarkForcE.9210

Sounds interest to me. What if I go Marauder armor and zerker accessories + weapon

I know dps will loss , but gain more survivability while maintain dps from zerker gears

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

Has anyone tried zerker armor, zerker backpiece, cele necklace and earrrings, marauder rings and weapons as crusaders. Use Durability runes!!! Energy and blood lust sigil or doom sigil. I haven’t tried that in beta since, I didn’t want to waste those runes on a weekend test only.

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

in Elementalist

Agent Noun.7350

Sounds interest to me. What if I go Marauder armor and zerker accessories + weapon

I know dps will loss , but gain more survivability while maintain dps from zerker gears

You’ll basically get a midpoint between Marauder and Berserker. Which is perfectly fine.

Here’s the thing: you do 0 DPS if you’re dead. If you need to lower your offensive stats to get some more Health so you don’t die, that’s a DPS gain for you, because you’ll spend less time on the floor.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swiftwynd.1685

Swiftwynd.1685

You’ll basically get a midpoint between Marauder and Berserker. Which is perfectly fine.

Here’s the thing: you do 0 DPS if you’re dead. If you need to lower your offensive stats to get some more Health so you don’t die, that’s a DPS gain for you, because you’ll spend less time on the floor.

This is true, but this is not good advice for raid environments, in which the damage multipliers will really help with full Berserker’s for a base to multiply. Also, you rely on your team for survival in raid settings.

For open world, going more vitality and some healing power for barriers is totally fine if going for self sufficiency.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

I really want to play sword, but it really is so unrewarding for the moment

Edit: in PvP perspective. It should be fine in PvE, though still lacking compared to dagger or scepter.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

(edited by MyPuppy.8970)