FiX RtL

FiX RtL

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hellissane.3041

Hellissane.3041

Now i’m really unhappy for having this unique double cd when not “hit” target(which is totaly unfair to be applied only to eles in my pov, but anyway…), but i can’t stand it to be broken in this way in addition of the nerf.

Now it triggers the 40s cd when: the target evades, blocks, immunes, if you have blind(artifical “miss”), . It was said on the interview that blocks are “hits” and not trigger cd, immune isn’t much differnet, blind doesn’t function as real blind(otherwise why is my rtl is chasing the enemy?), but as ranged block mechanic – it should also be counted as “hit” tho no damage. And evade is just another version of block to be honest.

I demand(note: i don’t ask politely as i usually would) this to be fixed.

P.S. I’m sorry for the rude language but i’m stunned that not only eles got one-sided unfair nerf(why not wars/thiefs have such thing?), but also their skill is broken.

(edited by Hellissane.3041)

FiX RtL

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nightshade.4296

Nightshade.4296

Have to say I see no point at all in nerfing RtL for PvE.

Is it seriously that difficult to code it so its only nerfd in WvW?

FiX RtL

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hellissane.3041

Hellissane.3041

WvW and PvE share the same skills, so if it must be nerfed in wvw(which was the point in the first place) it must be nerfed in pve. Tho this thread is not for removing the nerf, but for fixing it to work as they said it should.

FiX RtL

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

Block/invuln/dodge/miss attacks don’t put you in combat, so I assume that is the basis they’re using for whether or not it’s a hit. Still really annoying. I can no longer engage a guardian with RTL without putting myself at a significant disadvantage, since they’ll always have aegis to start. Hell, engaging anyone who’s aware of you with RTL will put you at a disadvantage.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

FiX RtL

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

I believe it’s not WvW they wanted to nerf but PvP…

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

FiX RtL

in Elementalist

Posted by: ChaosTerragoth.4738

ChaosTerragoth.4738

+1

I couldn’t agree more. I think it should be 40 second cooldown only if you don’t have a target (+ in range) when you start the skill. I think the point of the RTL nerf was to keep ele’s from running all over the place/being uncatchable in pvp. Honestly, this should be a pvp-only change. Ele’s are too squishy to have both their escape mechanic and that cheesey mist-form exploit nerfed (imho this was a good move) without being given some other option of survival.

As a side note…anyone verify whether u can still mist-form stomp in pvp? I don’t like it much either, but thief can invis-stomp you, mes can distortion-stomp, war/guard can stability stomp, etc. So removing that would be lame…even though i don’t personally ever use mist form.

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead.
Do not walk before me, for I may not follow.
Don’t walk next to me either, just go the heck away…

FiX RtL

in Elementalist

Posted by: red.2387

red.2387

I’m just never going to play this game again unless this change gets reverted in PvE and WvW. It’s not even fun anymore and just feels punitive to change the class like this for no real reason.

Mist Form change should be reverted in PvE and WvW too, eles already have enough problems in PvE and WvW with such tiny amounts of base hitpoints and armor. How exactly are d/d elementalists supposed to survive in large fights when we don’t have any of the fallback skills that other melees have to soak damage?

FiX RtL

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

+1

I couldn’t agree more. I think it should be 40 second cooldown only if you don’t have a target (+ in range) when you start the skill. I think the point of the RTL nerf was to keep ele’s from running all over the place/being uncatchable in pvp. Honestly, this should be a pvp-only change. Ele’s are too squishy to have both their escape mechanic and that cheesey mist-form exploit nerfed (imho this was a good move) without being given some other option of survival.

As a side note…anyone verify whether u can still mist-form stomp in pvp? I don’t like it much either, but thief can invis-stomp you, mes can distortion-stomp, war/guard can stability stomp, etc. So removing that would be lame…even though i don’t personally ever use mist form.

You can still mist stomp. I used it while messing around with the new custom arena things today.

FiX RtL

in Elementalist

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

You can also use a warrior or a thief.