Fiery Greatsword the new go to escape?

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

given what going to happen to RtL (reduction in range and change in CD when not hitting something) I imagine that we will need a new escape or some means of out running anything. the question I pose is if FGS will have to become our new way of surviving zergs.

The way I see it there were no announced changes to skills like rush, swoop, heartseeker etc. Given the way chase usually happens we will have 2 choices. Either hope to out run the initial chase and get out of combat and port or use FGS to hold out longer.

Thoughts?

For background I split my time between ele and warrior. In WvW my build already outruns basic DD ele in WvW.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

I already use FGS for those purposes already. The only problem I can see it the cast time for FGS under some situations and the CD of it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

After these changes I’m just going to hit esc and exit to desktop when i see enemies headed towards me, then log back in and hope i’m not lying somewhere dead because it didnt log me out before they started pounding on me, because we sure as hell aren’t going to survive and get away any longer after these nerfs.

in Elementalist

TheGuy.3568

I already use FGS for those purposes already. The only problem I can see it the cast time for FGS under some situations and the CD of it.

Yeah I thought of that also and its the main reason I don’t like it. However since they seem gung ho about this I don’t see any alternatives.

After these changes I’m just going to hit esc and exit to desktop when i see enemies headed towards me, then log back in and hope i’m not lying somewhere dead because it didnt log me out before they started pounding on me, because we sure as hell aren’t going to survive and get away any longer after these nerfs.

Honestly I get what you mean. Look my thief and warrior already outrun my ele. I am not traited for anything special. Ele was never king of maneuverability. The way I see it its too much with the cantrips nerf and too much for anyone not running 30 in water (admittedly I don’t run 30 in water). It’s a big “kitten you” to non bunker but what choice do we have? FGS might be a viable option for just surviving for a bit.

Kor The Cold Heart War

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Or you can do the lulz way and have a bunch of tonics that give “rush”/teleport skills in your inventory. Pop it open and run away in deer form. I use to do that and it works quite well once you get used to it. Plus it’s lulzy as hell running away from a zerg in tonic form.

in Elementalist

TheGuy.3568

Or you can do the lulz way and have a bunch of tonics that give “rush”/teleport skills in your inventory. Pop it open and run away in deer form. I use to do that and it works quite well once you get used to it. Plus it’s lulzy as hell running away from a zerg in tonic form.

I saw that the other day and hey it might be an option. I am kitten about RtL also but I also want to be productive about what to do. If it works why not, right?

Kor The Cold Heart War

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Until they eventually make it so that no items work in WvW. They already removed the fun ones like the spikeroot fruit and the teleport gun. Just out of curiousity though, what are those tonics called? i stopped using consumables after they took away golem in a box and the teleport gun.