Fire Elemental is kinda... lame.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glyph_of_Elementals

Fire Elemental: Deals damage.
Ice Elemental: Deals damage and heals.
Air Elemental: Deals damage and stuns.
Earth Elemental: Deals damage and is hard to kill.

So all the different types of elementals have, special abilities such as healing, stuns and is pretty hard to kill, they were not kidding about earth elemental’s durability, that thing took on 3 silver elite mobs while I was rezzing myself.

Fire elemental doesnt do anything… other than evade and even so its evades are useless as it dies so fast.

Id rather have a fire elemental that has a little more hp, no evasion and sets things on fire.

And for people who who use “Conjure Fiery Greatsword” or “Tornado” and have never used the Glyph of Elementals, if you think you’re so smart coming in here, saying…

“Fire Elemental does the most damage out of all the other elementals”

Let me give you a reality check on this.

The average survival time of a fire elemental vs a boss is roughly 10 seconds, thats when it gets hit by just AOEs, not direct damage, if it were direct damage it be less than that.

The fire elemental hits targets at Melee Range is highly susceptible to being killed without dealing any substantial damage, An Earth Elemental while deals less damage per hit compared to a fire elemental is more capable of surviving the full duration and thus doing more damage than a fire elemental.

(edited by Rizzy.8293)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sanel.5603

Sanel.5603

I belive that Fire Elemental Deal damage and apply burn, but not sure.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Justbob.5897

Justbob.5897

I think they do burn, and if you are not spec into bunker they do decent damage.

Just Bob – Ele – Revel – BlackGate

in Elementalist

Rizzy.8293

I belive that Fire Elemental Deal damage and apply burn, but not sure.

Not that i’ve notice, the only time the target burns is when I burn them

in Elementalist

Rizzy.8293

I think they do burn, and if you are not spec into bunker they do decent damage.

Im not specced bunker, and these things die way too fast before they do any real damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

Fire elemental is the best one. Damage is way higher than other elemental’s

Up Rerroll

in Elementalist

Rizzy.8293

And dies super fast.

in Elementalist

Posted by: zala.2391

zala.2391

And dies super fast.

Yes. That is its trade off for having more damage, it isnt as durable.

Logic?

in Elementalist

Posted by: bettadenu.5483

bettadenu.5483

It’s kinda funny because the Fire Elemental summoned using the Fire Elemental Powder consumable is far superior to both the Elementalist Lesser and Elite version put together.

in Elementalist

Rizzy.8293

And dies super fast.

Yes. That is its trade off for having more damage, it isnt as durable.

Logic?

Considering it barely does any damage before dying?
Barely.

If it actually did damage and had abit of durability yes but this isnt the case.

The Damage dealt before death is weak and insubstantial.

in Elementalist

Rizzy.8293

It’s kinda funny because the Fire Elemental summoned using the Fire Elemental Powder consumable is far superior to both the Elementalist Lesser and Elite version put together.

Isnt it?
Fire Elemental is weak as heck.
Hell air elemental has the same hp but its ranged and it stuns and it survives longer thus dishes out more damage than that fire elemental.

in Elementalist

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I think the fire elemental also does AoE, so it can be more useful when dealing with large mobs. In practise, though, any of the other elementals are more likely to save your feline when you need it.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

It’s situational like all the others. If you’re going to summon in a situation where it might be cleaved, use earth or air. If not and/or you can defend it, use fire. I honestly can’t think of a situation where ice is good since it dies pretty fast too and its heal/chill feel unreliable…likely it’s better used in PvP.

But yeah, if fire elemental dies too fast, defend it or use something else. Use them blinds and protection to keep it in the game. There are a lot of situations where you don’t have to worry about it dying instantly if it isn’t the direct target of an attack.

in Elementalist

Posted by: innocent ouarior.1954

innocent ouarior.1954

Fire Elemental: Deals more damage and cast AoE Might

in Elementalist

Rizzy.8293

Fire Elemental: Deals more damage and cast AoE Might

And dies faster.
Whereas the other elementals, also give you support boons and live longer and deal more damage over time.

Not to be confused with DOT.

in Elementalist

Rizzy.8293

It’s situational like all the others. If you’re going to summon in a situation where it might be cleaved, use earth or air. If not and/or you can defend it, use fire. I honestly can’t think of a situation where ice is good since it dies pretty fast too and its heal/chill feel unreliable…likely it’s better used in PvP.

But yeah, if fire elemental dies too fast, defend it or use something else. Use them blinds and protection to keep it in the game. There are a lot of situations where you don’t have to worry about it dying instantly if it isn’t the direct target of an attack.

Ice elemental to me seems on par with the earth elemental, you need to be near it when it heals to receive its heals.
It heals quite a lot too.

in Elementalist

Posted by: skinnyb.5920

skinnyb.5920

The elementals are situational. I know you’re upset that the fire elemental couldn’t face tank 3 mobs but in time you’ll learn how the mechanic works and when to use each elemental. Also, responding to everyone’s constructive replies by saying “it dies fast” doesn’t make for very good discussion. We get it, it’s squishy.

in Elementalist

Rizzy.8293

The elementals are situational. I know you’re upset that the fire elemental couldn’t face tank 3 mobs but in time you’ll learn how the mechanic works and when to use each elemental. Also, responding to everyone’s constructive replies by saying “it dies fast” doesn’t make for very good discussion. We get it, it’s squishy.

Oh I see so you pop out fire elemental when you’re being attacked by a horde of rabbits.
Gotcha, situational.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nuwen.8190

Nuwen.8190

As soon as I summon the fire elemental I switch to water and start putting water fields on it. That is usually enough to keep it alive long enough for it dish out the hurt. I return to my usual rotation of elements, but as someone above said, the elementals are situational. In my zerker set I feel that the fire ele does more than enough damage to warrant its use. Combine its fire blast with your air or earth cc and you can really tear through things.

Always be loyal to your Krewe.
Krewe Master Tekk | TC

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

Keep in mind both air and fire are ranged. Air stuns and swifts (for like 8sec?), but fire deals the highest damage. Along with your attack it might even come to burst if your elemental hits in the exact same time as you do.

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

in Elementalist

Rizzy.8293

Keep in mind both air and fire are ranged. Air stuns and swifts (for like 8sec?), but fire deals the highest damage. Along with your attack it might even come to burst if your elemental hits in the exact same time as you do.

Fire elemental has melee ranged attacks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

Range appears to be around 400, so I’d consider it as range attack, not melee. Aoe with radius around 240.
Just tested it using D/D skills and fire elemental.
Both water and earth elementals got range rather 130.
Air 900 (?).

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

in Elementalist

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

The problem with them is their abilities are so unreliable. I once saw my earth elemental go into some sort of crazy, knockdown rampage. Most times though he barely uses any of his powers. Likewise, the water elemental….I don’t think I have ever received a heal from it.

As to the air one, sometimes I wonder if its doing anything at all.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I have to agree. Air elemental is surprisingly durable, due to it’s range and stuns as stated, I’d say more so than water’s infrequent heals keeping it alive.

I think the evasion attack by Fire looks amazing. But the thing dies too quickly to do very much damage, even if you literally switch to water just to try and keep it alive.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chok.9037

Chok.9037

do they benefit from your stats?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

The fire elemental is awesome against trebuchets, or if you are good at pinning opponents down. Btw, when it uses its big AoE swoop blast, it also cripples enemies, which is rather cool.

I actually am using the fire elemental more than the other ones in combat. Just make sure that you are close to it, when switching into water and using Cleansing Wave. Boon and aura sharing affects your summon, if it is within range, which is cool (wonders about a summoner/aura sharing build for funsies). The extra damage is neat, although it does take its sweet time busting out the quick rapid fire combo, followed by the big AoE, which crits for around 2k if I recall correctly (and adds cripple for several seconds).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

do they benefit from your stats?

They don’t.

in Elementalist

Posted by: condiments.8043

condiments.8043

Ice elemental has its uses(dat heal, and knockback), but if I have fire elemental I can confidently 1v1 any profession in the game assuming all things equal. It drops off a little bit in big team fights because it can be burned down, but it does so much damage its kind of a tradeoff.

Fine as it is.

Cretius-Elementalist
Condiments-Thief

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

The elementals in general need to be completely reworked. It would be nice if another bar popped up when you summoned it and you could click on the abilities it has so you decide when it does them rather than the rare occasions it decides to do them. They would of course have some sort of cooldown so they wouldnt be too OP like jsut summon water elemental and spam heal and never die. That change alone would make them alot better, not even factoring in the desperate buff they need to their overall stats and survivability.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Fire elemental is mostly for when you want the added dps. Otherwise, just pick a different elemental. The other elementals bring much better utilities, but of course at lesser damage. Just don’t automatically go for fire ‘cause it’s dps. GW is not a dps race.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Ice elemental to me seems on par with the earth elemental, you need to be near it when it heals to receive its heals.
It heals quite a lot too.

That it does. I’d prefer it in PvP though as the chill serves a good purpose and it may not be focused down quickly. In PvE, where you’re circling around mobs or moving out of range of some, that heal is more infrequent and unreliable. It’s alright when you see a huddle of warriors bashing a target, send in the elemental to help out and heal but in most situations the heal isn’t needed or comes at times when you don’t need it.

…yeah, it’s just not reliable. The chill is good though.

Oh I see so you pop out fire elemental when you’re being attacked by a horde of rabbits.
Gotcha, situational.

Is it so hard to protect your elementals? Throw a Lightning Surge or Sandstorm to blind foes, throw a Lightning Touch to weaken the enemies’ attacks, toss in an Earthquake to interrupt their attacks, share an aura or two with them. Combined with your group, you can keep an elemental alive long enough to get a few attacks off before it dies. If you can’t, then that’s the situation where you don’t use a squishy fire elemental.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I end up almost always using the earth elemental, simply because it at least stays alive for a bit.