Fire Magic Trait XI Does What Exactly?

in Elementalist

Posted by: zetherin.8372

zetherin.8372

Q:

It says “Fire fields last 30% longer.”

I assume that means that if I put down a lava font, it stays longer. Does that mean that it will deal more damage because it’s there longer or is this trait specifically only for cross-profession combos, so people have extra time to give themselves fire shields or shoot flaming arrows.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bobnintendo.1256

Bobnintendo.1256

I didn’t test it, but I assume it will also deal more damage. I say this because I also play a Guardian, and there’s a trait which says “Symbols last longer”, and Symbols are combo fields too. With the trait Symbols last for 7 ticks of damage and boons instead of 5, and obviously the combo field lasts longer too. So I’m pretty sure that it’s the same with the Elementalist trait.

in Elementalist

zetherin.8372

Well, I know the damage on the tooltip does not change when I equip/unequip the trait. It would be nice to know because I’m usually playing alone lol.

in Elementalist

zetherin.8372

I see all these views on this topic but no one has any definitive answers

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Then why not test it for yourself?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

(edited by Moderator)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mathiuzz.4760

Mathiuzz.4760

Every aoe fire spell last longer ,for example Ring Of Fire.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

The problem with it is that it actually only adds duration to very few of our skills …

Staff – #2 Lava Font
Haven’t done the maths on the extra tick or two being worth it.

Staff – #4 Burning Retreat
Like anyone runs through this, could be handy for an extra combo if using evasive arcana or if you deploy it at right angles to your ranged classes.

Dagger MH – Burning Speed
Same concept as Burning Retreat, could get an extra finisher in with the extended duration.

Dagger OH – Ring of Fire
This is the only skill that I feel actually benefits from it allowing you a little wiggle room for getting in an extra finisher or two.

Focus OH – Flame Wall
Again similar to Burning Retreat and Burning Speed but ticking for almost nothing, only advantage is a few more shots getting burning applied to them.

So as you see of those 5 skills across all our weapon sets only one actually benefits (imo) and 3 of them are essentially the same! Versatility, yeah I lol’d too.

Now if the trait increased the duration of ALL our fields then we start talking about it actually being useful, imagine that combined with blasting staff!

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Spifnar.4712

Spifnar.4712

It’s a fire trait, so it shouldn’t increase all of our combo fields. It should, however, increase the duration of Meteor Shower

As it is now it’s a pretty lame tier 3 trait