Fire embrace removed?

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

If somebody can clarify this pls.
It seems that using signets won’t apply a fire aura anymore, hope that I’m wrong….

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Seems like it, not like I’m gonna miss the trait.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: SongOfDestruction.2984

SongOfDestruction.2984

FE was core to pvp signet ele, RIP T.T

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Supreme.3164

It was the only trait used to justify the use of signets over cantrip…now everything will be cantrips, stupid in my opinion. My wvw condi ele build is gone, I had huge fun with it till yesterday and it was extremely good to kill thieves quick and with ease….now I’m back to waste time using direct dmg build and waste half day , playing cat and mouse with a perma stealth scrub.

I know most people won’t care…but yeah..I’m sour

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

Well, I do agree with that but then again, it’s not like signets are too great now either. I’m not happy about fresh air having no ICD, I don’t like the change to Zephyr’s speed, now using singet of Air will be a bit contraproductive, but what can we do? There were lots suggestions and they decided to buff things that didn’t need a buff mostly.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ddamico.4798

ddamico.4798

Awful, awful change. PLEASE add this trait back in. Why remove a core trait for signet builds and FORCE us into can trips. What a waste.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Supreme.3164

It’s an idiotic change and yeah..I’m not even sour, really I’m kittening kittened now.
Fire aura on conjure picking? Like wth; they killed a whole build and for what?
The build was only viable in WvW, very fun to use and an efficient way to deal with perma stealth scrubs like PU mesmers and thieves because I don’t want to spend half day trying to apply enough direct dmg to a BS build that sit in stealth for half day

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ddamico.4798

ddamico.4798

Why in gods name would you remove this??!! Way to completely wipe out a whole class of builds. Signet build useless! Why bother having them? Some of us really dislike can trips and you gave us 2 more of those.

PUT IT BACK!

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zicarous.2134

Zicarous.2134

R.I.P to my favourite pvp build guess going back to old ones for now :/ gah not happy hope they change it back but if not we got to find new kick kitten signet build ! be in there somewhere….. i hope !

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

It will be miss….no bring it back!!

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Knightmare.8634

Knightmare.8634

I’m hoping its just an accidental omission on the slide.

Can a developer please confirm that Conjurer (former Fire’s Embrace) no longer grants fire aura on signet use?

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

It might be because of the new Powerful Aura. Currently PA only affects auras from your weapon skills. The new PA has been reworded to “When you apply an aura to yourself”. Hopefully this means auras you gain via Leaps, Blasts and runes too. I think this is why they got rid of Fire’s Embrace; the group uptime on Protection/Fury/Swiftness would be pretty OP otherwise.

At least, that’s what I think.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

It might be because of the new Powerful Aura. Currently PA only affects auras from your weapon skills. The new PA has been reworded to “When you apply an aura to yourself”. Hopefully this means auras you gain via Leaps, Blasts and runes too. I think this is why they got rid of Fire’s Embrace; the group uptime on Protection/Fury/Swiftness would be pretty OP otherwise.

Buffing one trait shouldn’t mean you remove build diversity from a class. Ele is forced into trait lines, traits and even skills and that’s not really good.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Supreme.3164

The old PA was share aura from weapon set, kk but we had signet aura build; now the PA gives any kind of aura but they’ve removed a way to obtain auras outside weapon skills, I may be seeing at it in a wrong way but wth did they even buff it for then?

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Instead of making hundreds of pointless owrthless treads why not post your comments in one, so we can have a centralize location to complain. It is easier to take criticism if it is all in once place versus hundreds of other thread.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

PlatinumMember.5274

The old PA was share aura from weapon set, kk but we had signet aura build; now the PA gives any kind of aura but they’ve removed a way to obtain auras outside weapon skills, I may be seeing at it in a wrong way but wth did they even buff it for then?

They obviously did not buff anything. I would rather they keep the signet builds interesting than to ruin it for a group focus GM trait.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jonandu.2073

Jonandu.2073

I would of liked fire embrace to be deleted out of fire and moved to earth… all signets should be in earth!

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Well, I don’t think this will quite kill signet builds off, but it is most definitely a big loss for them.

Maybe make an addition to the signet trait that makes it so that you get a different kind of aura based on attunement when using a signet? Then you could get fire aura, but also things like frost aura, shocking aura, or magnetic shield (the reflect bubble).

But maybe it’s best to advocate for the previous functionality to be returned before thinking of potential changes.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Dumb change. Ive never had interest in Aura sharing and still wont. Id rather see PA deleted and replaced with something else, and FE reinstated.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: paddywack.6281

paddywack.6281

I rarely post, but wanted to say how disappointed I am that the trait was outright removed rather than folded into the conjurer trait (like it was when core specializations were first revealed). As stated by previous posters, this practically eliminates a build that is fun in WvW and SPvP. Granted, I will play around with other utilities and builds to see if I can get an approximation to what was lost, but I’d rather not be forced into cantrips (which is where many of the changes seem to go). Cantrips have their place. They are practically required as a staff ele in SPvP and when running in skill groups and to some degree zergs (granted one could go full zerk with AoE utilities if they play smart or have a big enough zerg). I hope that this is an error with the slide, and that ANet will allow for us to retain this trait. I play with multiple classes in SPvP, but I have to say that the full signet build with fire embrace was one of my favorite playstyles of all the professions.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vilkata.4725

Vilkata.4725

I really really hope that they just forgot to add it on the presentation. This and written in stone are the core traits for a signet/aura build. I hope this gets clarified soon so we don’t spend all week wondering.

Leader of The Quiddity [Quid]
Everything is a Nemesis plot.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Doctoris.2675

Doctoris.2675

Alright, alright. I feel the need to clarify since it’s being mentioned a lot here. Powerful Auras already works with Fire’s Embrace right now, and I seriously doubt it’s the main reason the trait is being removed.

I believe the reason was due to the reshuffling of the traits. Had conjurer been the fire aura trait, the new mastery line essentially trades out Ember’s Might (+25% burn duration) for the newly buffed Blinding Ashes, which would’ve been incredibly OP alongside all of the bonus goodies the earth line is getting (and an entirely new third line as well).

I’m sad to see Fire’s Embrace snubbed out entirely as well though. Had it been competing with 2 other useful fire traits (such as the aforementioned Blinding Ashes), I thought that would be fair.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

PlatinumMember.5274

Alright, alright. I feel the need to clarify since it’s being mentioned a lot here. Powerful Auras already works with Fire’s Embrace right now, and I seriously doubt it’s the main reason the trait is being removed.

I believe the reason was due to the reshuffling of the traits. Had conjurer been the fire aura trait, the new mastery line essentially trades out Ember’s Might (+25% burn duration) for the newly buffed Blinding Ashes, which would’ve been incredibly OP alongside all of the bonus goodies the earth line is getting (and an entirely new third line as well).

I’m sad to see Fire’s Embrace snubbed out entirely as well though. Had it been competing with 2 other useful fire traits (such as the aforementioned Blinding Ashes), I thought that would be fair.

You are missing the point. it doesn’t matter the why, it matters that it twas removed.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Supreme.3164

Signet builds are dead…all jump on the cantrip train…-_-

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Doctoris.2675

Doctoris.2675

You are missing the point. it doesn’t matter the why, it matters that it twas removed.

I did get the point. I said that I didn’t like seeing the trait go and that it should’ve stayed in competing with other strong traits. Hell, I wrote up an entire MetaBattle page and made a twenty minute video featuring signet elementalist, so trust me when I say that I’m disappointed the trait is gone.

However, when half of the thread is talking about PA being a possible reason for the removal, I felt like I should correct it.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

This was an incredibly stupid decision, just put it back and place an ICD on it like you already did with the other three traits and rune set that do something similar with signets.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

For what ele is getting something like Fire embrace seems worth losing.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Supreme.3164

I did get the point. I said that I didn’t like seeing the trait go and that it should’ve stayed in competing with other strong traits. Hell, I wrote up an entire MetaBattle page and made a twenty minute video featuring signet elementalist, so trust me when I say that I’m disappointed the trait is gone.

However, when half of the thread is talking about PA being a possible reason for the removal, I felt like I should correct it.

Yes man, that’s exactly the build that I’ve been using for the last 4 months with success in wvw, the build was an absolute blast; I can’t describe my happiness when I discovered that I was finally able to insta kill those scrubs running aids/cancer perma stealth builds….and also I was able to kill those annoying troll nike wars.

All this is now gone…and I’m back to square 1, using cantrip d/d and taking half day to possibly kill one of those stealth/nike trolls; the problem was/is that these scrubs just run away when losing and then come back, nothing you can do on ele to catch them…that’s where the ember ele shined, a 1200 range condi burst on short cd, you can’t run from that.

Hope something else will come up, will try variations of the builds; we do still get fire aura on fire swap so…not all is lost

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Supreme.3164

But what you’re getting is not increasing build diversity, it’s simply replacing A for B, you still have a single letter. A condi build and zerk build I feel are necessary these days to guarantee the success of your profession..and with Fire Embrace gone, the future of condi ele is uncertain

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

But what you’re getting is not increasing build diversity, it’s simply replacing A for B, you still have a single letter. A condi build and zerk build I feel are necessary these days to guarantee the success of your profession..and with Fire Embrace gone, the future of condi ele is uncertain

Well ya there a major hit to build diversity all arone but most of the builds that where kill where mostly worthless and tend to hold back other builds. If your using signets for auras alone then your wasting a lot of potential for signets effects in them self. Back when GW2 first came out you had effects for signet of an element type with a conjur wepon and some ability but no one used them and really they where not that good so they where removed and changed or rolled into something.

Conidtion ele had nothing to do with going in fire line becuse building no longer is locked into lines now if your going condtion your going to build it more in your gear and wepon (dagger!). If you want going water air ar full condtion dmg gear should work it just works differently then going say fire earth ar or fire air ar or fire air earth etc…

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

I do sympathize with those who ran signet aura builds. The reason I posited PA being the reason for FE’s removal is because of the changes to Sunspot, Soothing Ice and baseline Attunement swap being 10 seconds now. These changes along with FE would IMO have been a bit too much. I do think they could have adjusted numbers instead of outright axing the trait though :/

Slightly off-topic, but I’m actually excited to try out a Settler’s signet condi build now. The party boons that FE gave would be replaced with the condi/heal support from Water magic instead.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Read.
What it is now:
Auras you gain from weapon skills are also applied to nearby allies.
What it will be changed to:
Powerful Aura: When you apply an aura to yourself, grant that aura to all nearby allies as well.

In other words, Powerful Aura got a massive buff. If they add Rune of Radiance to PvP Auramancer might be God tier OP.
QQ less please.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

Read.
What it is now:
Powerful Aura: When you apply an aura to yourself, grant that aura to all nearby allies as well.

In other words, Powerful Aura got a massive buff. If they add Rune of Radiance to PvP Auramancer might be God tier OP.
QQ less please.

While this is true, maybe won’t pick up the aura trait since you lose on the only condi removal you would get. So, are you telling me that it’s okay to remove something a build depends on to create a possibility someone will take this trait? I don’t think so. They could have just simply moved the trait somewhere else.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Nova Stiker.8396

Read.
What it is now:

QQ less please.

While this is true, maybe won’t pick up the aura trait since you lose on the only condi removal you would get. So, are you telling me that it’s okay to remove something a build depends on to create a possibility someone will take this trait? I don’t think so. They could have just simply moved the trait somewhere else.

So don’t take Powerful Aura’s? Wait, are you really upset that you are losing fire Aura?

Did you forget you get a Fire Aura when you swap to fire? Which is every 10 or 8.5 seconds :\

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Netko.9271

Netko.9271

Did you forget you get a Fire Aura when you swap to fire? Which is every 10 or 8.5 seconds :\

They remove that.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

They remove that.

Where did you get this info from?

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Netko.9271

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/June-23-Specialization-Changes/first

New fire minor is Empowering Flame: Gain 150 power while in fire attunement.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/June-23-Specialization-Changes/first

New fire minor is Empowering Flame: Gain 150 power while in fire attunement.

Sunspot: Inflict damage at your location when you attune to fire, and gain 3 seconds of fire aura.

It still there not sure where you reading this.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Netko.9271

Yep I was wrong, they put it in sunspot, it was separate trait before.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Yep I was wrong, they put it in sunspot, it was separate trait before.

Meh it happens.

Side note i am not sure if aura are going to be as good unless your aiming for the aura effect them self and less of the fury effect due to how easy it is for ele to give fury from blasting fire.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Yeah, may be Powerful Aura would be may be OP but they destroyed an unique build for D/D who wants to play something other then 0/0/2/6/6.

I had high hopes for Signet Build in HoT, I wander can anybody produce kitteneful build for Signets now.

If Fire Embrace is causing a problem for PA then you put an ICD and say Fire Aura can only be shared every 10s then at least Signet Build could survive.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

00666 written in stone

Signet of restoration, earth and air, flash
(fire instead of flash if you want somesort of condi build and no mobility / no combo like Churning flash)

Thanks me latter. Signet build far from dead. I tend to say its the new meta tank cele ele

Fire aura is garbage till they fix the condi reduction. So fire embrace was obviously garbage+ you get one free fire aura from attuning to fire which is way stronger than fire embrace. I see potential in 60066 auramancer support ele (might lack some dispell, but couple it with a shoutbow #gg)

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

(edited by Mattmatt.4962)

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

In old signet big plus was %100 uptime from protection, otherwise none of the signets deserve such a big investment and %20 condition duration reduction from fire auras.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

Read.
What it is now:

QQ less please.

So don’t take Powerful Aura’s? Wait, are you really upset that you are losing fire Aura?

No, I’m not. But many people are, which is understandable.

I never claimed I would take Powerful Aura, all I’m saying is that it’s not okay to balance things around ‘’someone could take this trait and it would be too op’’ is a good idea. They did this with soothing mist, too and in the end it ended up being a nerf if you don’t take the new trait. It’s not like ele has some choice, it has to take the condi removal, otherwise it has very little.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Nova Stiker.8396

Lets contemplate. Fire Aura triggers when hit right? Spread the burning and all.

• Signet of Earth SNARES your opponent with immobilize. Perfect for setting up an attack rather than wanting to be attacked. Making Fire Aura less useful.
  • Signet of Water CHILLS, once again, snares are not a sign for “please hit me” but rather “move I’m going to hit you hard” not good for Fire Aura.
  • Signet of Fire burns, which, makes getting Fire Aura kinda pointless.

The ONLY two worthy signets are Signet of Air and Signet of Restoration with Fires Embrace.

Fires Embrace was a noobs trap like Elixir Infused bombs, sounds good on paper but in reality is was very, very worthless.

Also, Cantrip Train? LOL, you can base an Elementalist skill level on how many Cantrips they have. The more Cantrips, the more unskilled the ele. I have a buddy who is an FA ele carrying Signet of Earth, Gylph of Storms and Arcane Shield. And yeah, he kills people and does it very well. He doesn’t need 3 cantrips to survive and guess what? Neither do I. Arcane Blast, Lava Axe and Lightning Flash is all I need.
Yeah, Lava Axe, it’s a pretty amazing weapon conjure. I cannot tell you how many times Lava Axe saved me and killed people.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Supreme.3164

Lets contemplate. Fire Aura triggers when hit right? Spread the burning and all.

• Signet of Earth SNARES your opponent with immobilize. Perfect for setting up an attack rather than wanting to be attacked. Making Fire Aura less useful.
  • Signet of Water CHILLS, once again, snares are not a sign for “please hit me” but rather “move I’m going to hit you hard” not good for Fire Aura.

The ONLY two worthy signets are Signet of Air and Signet of Restoration with Fires Embrace.

Fires Embrace was a noobs trap like Elixir Infused bombs, sounds good on paper but in reality is was very, very worthless.

Also, Cantrip Train? LOL, you can base an Elementalist skill level on how many Cantrips they have. The more Cantrips, the more unskilled the ele. I have a buddy who is an FA ele carrying Signet of Earth, Gylph of Storms and Arcane Shield. And yeah, he kills people and does it very well. He doesn’t need 3 cantrips to survive and guess what? Neither do I. Arcane Blast, Lava Axe and Lightning Flash is all I need.
Yeah, Lava Axe, it’s a pretty amazing weapon conjure. I cannot tell you how many times Lava Axe saved me and killed people.

Do you know that aura on signets meant protection on signets? You have missed this point

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Nova Stiker.8396

Do you know that aura on signets meant protection on signets? You have missed this point

And that makes it… Good?
No, no it does not.

Guess what? After the updates, you can get protection each time you swap to Fire AND Earth.

You still don’t seem to understand you don’t NEED 4 Signets. Like you don’t need 3 Cantrips. If anything, it’s proven that you’ll do BETTER without 4 signets or 3 Cantrips. I don’t have any stun breakers or stability on my ele build because I don’t need any, Lightning Flash and Lava Axe is the perfect get out of death free card.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jaetara.4075

Jaetara.4075

I understand why to remove it, since you get Fire Aura from Fire Attument. But still, Signets really need something to make the stronger and worthy to use…

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

And that makes it… Good?
No, no it does not.

Guess what? After the updates, you can get protection each time you swap to Fire AND Earth.

You still don’t seem to understand you don’t NEED 4 Signets. Like you don’t need 3 Cantrips. If anything, it’s proven that you’ll do BETTER without 4 signets or 3 Cantrips. I don’t have any stun breakers or stability on my ele build because I don’t need any, Lightning Flash and Lava Axe is the perfect get out of death free card.

Oh really? Meta dd ele – three cantrips
fresh air – two arcane + 1 cantrip
Staff ele – three cantrips

Now, tell me how you’re better off without them.

Fire embrace removed?

in Elementalist

Nova Stiker.8396

And that makes it… Good?
No, no it does not.

Oh really? Meta dd ele – three cantrips
fresh air – two arcane + 1 cantrip
Staff ele – three cantrips

Now, tell me how you’re better off without them.

It’s called skill, meta D/D is for bad ele’s that cannot survive. Simple as that. Staff bunker is the only one that can get away with it, because bunker