Fire shield/aura builds...

in Elementalist

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

as all ele players know, the class has a ridiculous amount of access to Fire Shield primarily and I was thinking that since we have a good amount of aura accessibility with traits/skills, auras should get a little buff. The only time i see auras used of course is in pvp or wvw roaming.

Shocking aura is pretty good, though it’d be nice if it lasted a couple seconds longer than 4 seconds. You’re only getting 2 stun in, and even then it’s unlikely. But im not saying 25 seconds is a long cooldown, but i think shocking aura would be nice if it lasted 5-6 secs or so. That doesn’t sound too crazy, does it?

Frost Aura – It does have a longer cool down, but here’s what I had in mind for the skill:
– Increase the duration of it to 10 seconds, rather than 7 just because 7 seems like a weird number lol
– OR leave the duration as is and increase the armor reduction to 15% (might be a little much, maybe at 12%) And you are immune to burning while it’s up. kinda like this…

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Frigid_Armor

Fire Shield
– Fire’s Embrace trait: it’s a good trait with signets, but 3 seconds is kinda low for fire shield, plus it doesn’t even burn for a lot of damage. Maybe if Fire’s Embrace was upped to 5 seconds, then it might be more considerable…Just for the fun of it, I threw together a pure condition d/f test pve ele and with 25 corruption/25 might(highly unlikely) fire shield will deal a total of 5.7k damage over 5 seconds If struck. Burning seems to do less damage than bleeds. Personally, when I think of it, burning is supposed to hurt a ton more than bleeding. But maybe burning damage could get upped a little bit, just for things like fire shields/ fire fields.
Also, i was thinking that once you activated Fire Shield then swapped to Water attunement, it would make Fire Shield apply blind to enemies attacking you for a short time.

in Elementalist

Posted by: sanictoofast.9317

sanictoofast.9317

Would it be op for aura sharing to share every aura you created from combo fields? It would give lightning hammer more worth.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

I think the Fire shield itself is fine. I feel
1) The fireshield on the focus has a redonkulus cooldown time
2) The aura related traits may be lacking?
3) It’s somewhat problematic to take signets.

Im a fan of written in stone + Signet shields, but doesn’t work too well for me.

I think it comes down to 3) though.

The great forum duppy.