Fireball, whaaaaat!?

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

This change literally made me quit the game. Call me extremist I don’t care, I can’t even look at it, this class just doesn’t feel the same.

Let me know when they change it back.

I too have issues playing GW2 right now, especially my Ele…

Been spending more time with Killing Floor 2 now.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

Please Anet! This is the most hilarious change ever. Give us option to turn it off/on.

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

One more time: This change sucks. Please do not randomly nerf visuals. Fireball used to be awesome… Please revert the recent visual nerfs. Focus on abilities that prevent players from seeing a bosses actions. This is one of the only times I feel confused by the visuals.

Sorry this is off-topic, but I too recently bought killing floor 2. I’ve actually bought a few games that were on sale on steam due to this change. It left a sour taste in regards to gw2.

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Frebstyx.7058

Frebstyx.7058

I don’t think anet realise how much this “nerf” is breaking the game for people. This needs to be reverted now not when they have nothing better to do. I will not play this game again until this is fixed.

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: NayNay.7680

NayNay.7680

What I don’t understand is how they think it’s ok to sell an elite spec based on auras and overloads, then take away the visual effects from auras and overloads.

The “Platform” Auras I hate, but can deal with.
The removal of overload storm cloud was uncalled for.

Fireball was just a kick in the nutz

We have to keep this on the front page until someone at HQ decides to care.

Ral Xarek | Asura Elementalist
Peacemaker Ral |Asura Mesmer

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Does the raven staff nevermore alfter fire AA? Into a blue ball beam? Might be worth looking into

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Does the raven staff nevermore alfter fire AA? Into a blue ball beam? Might be worth looking into

I wish I could answer that, i’m still a long way to get it :/

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: zideeffectzz.6379

zideeffectzz.6379

How much u guys wanna bet they aint gonna make any changes as it is FINAL!?!?

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conqueror.3682

Conqueror.3682

kittenmit Anet can you revert this, but NOW!?

better no animation than this…. paintball

How can you be so stupid?

Only in death, you find true freedom

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khados.8147

Khados.8147

The change to fireball is absolutely terrible. Ele is my main and I don’t even want to play him anymore…please change it back.

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Revert the changes until a slider option is ready to be rolled out, then put them back in as OPTIONAL nerfs. Come ON Anet.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

This game is so going down the drain. They only make bad choices now. They nerf weapon visual “noise” then they add decor noise instead. Like nightfury and more. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tN_Q478_WU

So stupid.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DontPaniC.8740

DontPaniC.8740

Posting to note the spell animation changes are still terrible. The thing is how it was before the patch was part of the art style of the whole game. It’s what set it apart from other mmo’s making it unique. To just throw it away and not listen the the player’s on a minor thing that doesn’t even affect balance is just ridiculous. No one asked for this. The time and energy spent on this could had been put to many other more important things like balance and fixing actual bugs.

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Puffendorf.1694

Puffendorf.1694

I came back to gw2 and to my ele a while back, but seeing the “new” fireball… Some people might call us extreme, but they just don’t get what made playing an ele so great. I’m done. Done with the class, and if this kitten keeps happening, done with the game as well.

All the kittening time there’s balancing and patching to pander to the PVP crowd. Well SOME OF US PLAY FOR THE FUN OF IT! And I’ll tell you what’s not fun. It’s not fun to have your fireball replace with a GODkitten PEASHOOTER!

I don’t rage on forums. I don’t do forums if I can avoid it, but this… It makes me want to shout at my godkitten screen and shake my head in disbelief at the same time.

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

I don’t play staff but saw it today it accidently caught my eye while doing tixx when i switched to staff. Peashooter indeed but i don’t mind

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

NayNay.7680

Meanwhile: MORE SHOULDER SKINS! MORE NOISE!!

For real, though. What’s the direction with all this Visual Noise BS?

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

NayNay.7680

They should reduce the size of greatswords to butter knife size. I can’t see anything of the fight with all those surfboards around !

^
Those legendary greatswords are everywhere and create SO much more noise than our fireballs did

Ugh

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mizu.4508

Mizu.4508

I decided to equip a staff on my ele since its been ages since I’ve last used one. I thought people were exaggerating the visuals of fireball when they nerfed it. It literally looks like I’m throwing a tiny firework or flaming golf ball or some weird crappy flare. They really need to bring the old animation back, fireball looks pathetic at this point and its actually driving me away from ever picking up a staff again.

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

nacario.9417

this should motive ppl into getting bifrost or nevermore

Power Ranger PvP

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

this should motive ppl into getting bifrost or nevermore

I recently made Nevermore and I am so glad I don’t have to look at these fire peanuts anymore. They look so horrible. And still… our other beloved skills… churning earth, swirling winds, overload air, auras, etc… Pls Anet, give them back to us! I miss them so much!

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arutha.9874

Arutha.9874

What if the plan is gem store bought skill skins? :-)
WP talked about this years ago: Guardian with red flames, Mesmer with blue butterflies, Elementalist with original visuals? :-P
Sounds like something that execs would like?

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Roul.3205

Roul.3205

Lmao this discussion is gold, I’m just wondering that noone was like “wtf is wrong with everyone here” yet :^)

(edited by Roul.3205)

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Subtlemuse.3586

Subtlemuse.3586

Personally im just treating this game like a true f2p now. Coming from a long history of subscription based games, which i never minded paying, i was more then happy to contribute with a 800 gem purchase every month. However with the ridiculous visual nerfs on our base skills parallel with adding more visual clutter with legendary effects and elite specs, they can’t really expect me to swallow their excuse of qol change that was in demand and not an esport related change. So no more gem purchases for me until Anet cease trying to make their game visually less appealing than it did 3 years ago. The simple fix of a slider bar or restrictive visual options has been asked for and suggested for years, seems obvious by now that Anet do not want to consider this route. With additional visual “improvements” seemingly on the horizon i find myself wondering which of my awesome animations are next to disappear.

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DarkMecha.6230

DarkMecha.6230

Lmao this discussion is gold, I’m just wondering that noone was like “wtf is wrong with everyone here” yet :^)

You may not care, but alot of us do, and this has significantly reduced my enjoyment of the game.

However it is obvious from the lack of official response from Anet that they do not care, or have no plans to address this issue.

Sadly I’m not having fun anymore, so I’ve uninstalled GW2.

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Fireball may have been a basketball before, but it never truly specified what kind of ball. Now its a tennis ball. Only good thing about this change is, catching players by surprise when they think they avoided my tennis ball. The old animation encapsulated the damage radius, but now you can hit people that are outside the animation radius.

Honestly, I hate this change, and I’ve also stopped spending money on this game since. It was hard at first, cause I wanted to get grenth’s hood, but I’m over it. I still have some fun in this game, but I just don’t feel valued as a customer anymore, which means I don’t value the work put into this game as much. I still don’t have a new computer, but once I do, I wonder if I’ll even play gw2 anymore. I imagine my account is probably worth something (9 character slots, 7 80s, only missing a handle of outfits, tons of skins unlocked, almost evey dye unlocked, etc.). Either way, I’ll cross that bridge when I get there.

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Roul.3205

Roul.3205

You may not care, but alot of us do, and this has significantly reduced my enjoyment of the game.

However it is obvious from the lack of official response from Anet that they do not care, or have no plans to address this issue.

Sadly I’m not having fun anymore, so I’ve uninstalled GW2.

I’ve never said that I don’t care, I also hate the change. Don’t interpret this wrong pls, I’m sry if you did.

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

What if the plan is gem store bought skill skins? :-)
WP talked about this years ago: Guardian with red flames, Mesmer with blue butterflies, Elementalist with original visuals? :-P
Sounds like something that execs would like?

This guy gets it.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

New gem store item: Ehance Weapon Particle Effects… 1000 gems… Enhances graphics on one weapon when applied… Destroyed on use…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: inch.3769

inch.3769

New gem store item: Ehance Weapon Particle Effects… 1000 gems… Enhances graphics on one weapon when applied… Destroyed on use…

don’t give the devs any ideas!!!!!

[tc]

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

I can’t believe they haven’t spoken a word. Beyond unprofessional.

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Erik the Dauntless.4063

Erik the Dauntless.4063

Hello, i strongly agree with the last poster. There is a post in the discussion forum named “Visuals” wich is a merged post.
I want to ask you guy’s/girls to post your dissatisfaction/opinion’s on this topic there.

Here is the link: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Visual-nerfs-Merged/page/15#post5886191

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

And still no response.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

And still no response.

Hopefully it’s gonna get fixed in just 2 hours.

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

nacario.9417

My gut tells me by next tuesday we’ll have a visual slider.

Power Ranger PvP

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

You were saying?

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

You were saying?

Never trust those Ranger types

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Prophecy.1982

Prophecy.1982

Adding my two bits to this. I haven’t had time to play a whole lot for a while but I finally decided to play my old, first toon love tonight – my fire elemental. Imagine my surprise (all of you know, duh…I know ;o) when I found I was no longer lobbing what was a fairly decent fiery ball of testosterone but a little flame-spitting pebble. One of the things that makes this game fun is to actually feel like you’re entertaining your alter ego.

I am usually fairly satisfied with directions the devs take this game (and I really only play solo PvE, so I know there is a ton of stuff I am completely ignorant of) but this actually causes me consternation…I don’t want to play my ele because of this. Argh!

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jeddsan.7915

Jeddsan.7915

Okay, my favourite skill with my main elementalist always has been Fireball, I LOVED the animation/effect of it, truly fell in love with the visuals, especially compared to the less appealing visuals of GW1’s elementalist’s skills (which was my main problem with the class) Now after a 2 month break I come back to my elementalist to find this change and I was positive it was a glitch at first, it looked soo ugly..until I realised it truly had been changed. One thing you guys HAVE to understand is the way the skills looks and feels is as important if not more than the look of our armor!! and now all the glory of fireball is gone. And yes, I truly feel that it destroys a lot of enjoyment out of the game. I honestly don’t even want to play my main anymore, thus probably wont be playing until this is fixed back. Please oh please bring it back how it was before!

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Yeah I loved spamming 1 it was a great visual effect…

Now we have to play ping pong

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfmoon.2976

Wolfmoon.2976

Bumping this. I cant even equip my staff until they fix fireball and not make it look like a flaming tennis ball.

Commander Malacc ~ Tarnished Coast

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

This change literally made me quit the game. Call me extremist I don’t care, I can’t even look at it, this class just doesn’t feel the same.

Let me know when they change it back.

Likewise, and I didn’t even main ele.
it’s been long enough now that i’ve given up hope. Just gave all my accumulated gold & ectos to the skritt.

Maybe i’ll check back in next year to see what other horrific ways my once-favourite game has been gutted…

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Roda.7468

Roda.7468

Wow I just logged into my ele after not playing her for a while.
Looks like this class is going back into retirement for me.

Seriously, this class was already the least interesting class, visually, for me, and now with the main filler skill looking like an orange baseball I’ve no interest at all in the class :T

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sidizen.9048

Sidizen.9048

I created an elementalist today after taking a break from gw2 since HoT was released. I was so pumped to play Staff Elementalist because I watched other people play them on streams or in videos and I always thought staff was so cool! Then I saw the fireball effect and I got so confused and sad. Why would you do this Anet? Everything has changed since release, the original vision for this game has completely changed. There’s nothing special about this game anymore and it makes me so sad.

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Exclamatory.8351

Exclamatory.8351

I miss the vanilla fireball. I remember the first time I shot one I was like “Woah, that’s so sick!” I also remember the first time I shot a fireball post-patch, I was like “WTF is this peanut I’m flinging at them?”

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khallane.9153

Khallane.9153

Hey everyone, I just wanna tell you that I stopped the game especially for that, it wasn’t bearable anymore.
First, at the very beginning of the game, they reduced the visual effects of fireball and meteor storm, I said :“hmm ok, it’s just the beginning they fix something, this is acceptable” but I was already sad because it was very ugly compared to the first version. Then, they’ve keep going to reduce the visual effects and finally they just killed what can be called a “fireball”, it is not a fireball anymore and if you think that change it hasn’t an severe impact on people you’re wrong !
I stop the game for this (and some others things less important) because I don’t want to play a ugly game that give not to me some feelings like :“Yeah, this spell is really visually awesome !”, sorry men, but the graphics matter to me.
Today I have learned that you, Arena, have done it again to an elementalist spell so I’m not disappointed to be gone!
Elementalist was the only class I ever played. I used to love GW2 but that, was before. Bye.

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Genesis.4671

Genesis.4671

To me this visual culling is stupid.

In FFXIV, you have an option to cull OTHER PEOPLE’S EFFECTS, and leave yours intact.

Exactly how it should have been done here! >:(

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MiskoV.3856

MiskoV.3856

Can we actually get an update on that? Like if devs are even planning on making a graphics slider for that? I so want to return to my ele, please…

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

Just wanted to pass along an update from Colin, which, yet again, can be found only on Reddit:

Just wanted to quickly pass along we asked the skills team to hold off on making any more FX changes until a system was in place to allow people to toggle them on/off as a selection. They’ve been continuing to work on the project of making combat less visually noisy, while also ensuring there will be options for players to pick from.
More info on this with the spring update but I did want to say you’ll see the old FX restored soon along with some visibility options for those who want to use them

And, as I mentioned there as well, it’s nice that they listened, but the speed at which they responded was unsatisfactory to say the least. On the other hand, we have a relatively well-defined ETA, which was probably what he wanted to give us before saying anything at all.

So, confirmed! The old fireball, mesmer wells etc are coming back this Spring!

See https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Visual-nerfs-Merged/page/19

So here’s to hoping they’ll actually do it.

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tcsullivan.9821

Tcsullivan.9821

Just wanted to pass along an update from Colin, which, yet again, can be found only on Reddit:

Just wanted to quickly pass along we asked the skills team to hold off on making any more FX changes until a system was in place to allow people to toggle them on/off as a selection. They’ve been continuing to work on the project of making combat less visually noisy, while also ensuring there will be options for players to pick from.
More info on this with the spring update but I did want to say you’ll see the old FX restored soon along with some visibility options for those who want to use them

And, as I mentioned there as well, it’s nice that they listened, but the speed at which they responded was unsatisfactory to say the least. On the other hand, we have a relatively well-defined ETA, which was probably what he wanted to give us before saying anything at all.

So, confirmed! The old fireball, mesmer wells etc are coming back this Spring!

See https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Visual-nerfs-Merged/page/19

So here’s to hoping they’ll actually do it.

Colin was the one who reached out and provided that information, but with his departure I sincerely hope that this is still something high up on the priority list for them; not sure what his level of involvement was in making what he said in that post a possibility. It seems like such a small thing, but ever since the visual effects nerfs to fireball and auras I’ve felt very little motivation to play my elementalist.

Fireball, whaaaaat!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

unless it has been Colins personal task to change it back (or slighly more) then we dont have to worry about it.

The things that are “on the table” is mostly for everyone to work on,unless they are specifically ordered to focus on certain things such as the raid team, the living story team, the new expansion team ect