Fix found for underpowered eles in spvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: elchulo.3148

elchulo.3148

I rolled a mesmer. Holy crap they are fun to play and 100 times easier and more powerful than eles. I didn’t die once in my FIRST 2 FULL matches and I had never even played the class before. I didn’t even die when I was 1 v 3 a few times and even got away from a 1 v 4. I had several kills as well and it is basically impossible to lose 1 v 1. For all of you sick of the ele for spvp roll a mesmer. Your frustration will disappear.

(edited by elchulo.3148)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Colton.9460

Colton.9460

Lol I just rolled a mesmer alt and was thinking the same thing. I am gonna stick with ele because I love it but man mesmers seem like easy mode after playing D/D ele all this time.

“I’m watching you violate my game mode”

in Elementalist

elchulo.3148

Yeah I’m saying just for spvp. I still use my 80 ele for wvw and pve. I don’t think I’ve ever gone a full spvp match without dying as ele (I don’t use tanky builds), and to go my first two matches without dying while destroying people had me laughing out loud.

(edited by elchulo.3148)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xhaiden.3891

Xhaiden.3891

I rolled a Necro and it was a step up. I am sad. =/

in Elementalist

Posted by: LADYKiLLER.8152

LADYKiLLER.8152

I did the same thing with a thief. I was laughing maniacally as I slaughtered people with buttons that were 100% new and foreign to me. I should have counted how many times I went, “Omg, what?!” in surprise to the total buttkickage I was managing.

Maev, Level 80 Sylvari Elementalist
[DiRA] of the Tarnished Coast

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

EVERYTHING is more fun than ele at the current state.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wyrdthane.6801

Wyrdthane.6801

Even A ranger after their SB nerf is more fun to play.. and ranger is arguably the most boring class in the game..

all they have to do Is spam auto attack for seriously OP dammage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vanille.6407

Vanille.6407

No way in hell are mesmers easy mode. Mesmers have an immense learning curve.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mik Hell.8206

Mik Hell.8206

Hahahah, nice one !

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xhaiden.3891

Xhaiden.3891

Vanille

I sincerely hope that was sarcasm.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Psych.8169

Psych.8169

Really? How come after deciding to screw around with a Mesmer playing some random build that I didn’t understand at all I was able to do equally good as when playing elementalist?

(To make that more clear: I played ele in beta, leveled and ele to 80 a week or so after release, and have played around 100 pvp games as ele—then I got bored and am waiting for more competitive PvP. I have played 5 games as a mesmer and am pretty sure I contribute more to the team and could 1v1 my ele. Sure Mesmer isn’t a thief, but its really not that difficult.)

in Elementalist

elchulo.3148

Try an ele son and you will realize that mesmers are godmode.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rack.4930

Rack.4930

I go Thief. Technically I don’t have a problem with Eles at the moment. We’re pretty decent in WvW, you get autolevelled/geared in SPVP anyway so can freely switch classes, open world PVE is easy enough not to cause a real issue the only problem is Dungeons and I really don’t enjoy those with any class.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sherman.4631

Sherman.4631

Elementalist is almost op in pve but who care about balance in pve. But yeah am rolling a warrior alt pretty fun because its opposite of the elementalist. Two really different style of play.

We’re out of chicken

in Elementalist

Posted by: BishopX.6453

BishopX.6453

same.. rolled a mezmer and was amazed.
sarted guard for pve, rolled ele and necro for pvp… and thought “perhaps i just am bad” then deleted my engi and rolled a mezmer and im like.. WOW REALLY???!

in Elementalist

Posted by: orci.5019

orci.5019

EVERYTHING is more fun than ele at the current state.

You haven’t played Ranger at all, have you?

Server: Yak’s Bend.
Main: Hunter.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wheeping Song.6423

Wheeping Song.6423

Funny… I rock in spvp with my Ele achieving a lot more than what the op mentioned have done with the Mesmer. I have a lvl 28 Mesmer as my 3rd alt and they are a lot of fun but my 4 pvp matches as playing a mesmer….really sucked lol.

tbh it is kinda weird u sucked at mesmers spvp as its really hard to suck at it….

anyways, i find myself beeing better at spvp with ele as well. but this is only cuz ive played the class a lot and know exactly what to do in which situation. even tho im not doing bad at spvp the class could still take a buff. its what has been said often times enoug:

skilled elementalists are not really rewarded for the amount of effort they have to put into fights.

Regards
Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gelrod.1295

Gelrod.1295

Dat troll!

in Elementalist

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

Even A ranger after their SB nerf is more fun to play.. and ranger is arguably the most boring class in the game..

all they have to do Is spam auto attack for seriously OP dammage.

What have you been drinking? Or have you never played a Ranger.

Ele does way more damage than Ranger if you know how to play it. Rangers have no burst damage. SB was the only weapon worth playing on ranger if you spec everything into Power/precision.

Now Thief, that can put out some burst damage, (until they nerf that).