Fixed unintended dmg inc. for ele conjures

in Elementalist

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-September-3-2013

BALANCE, BUG-FIXING, POLISH

• Super Adventure Box of Fun is now giftable from the Gemstore.
  • Fixed an unintended damage increase that caused engineer kits, elementalist conjures, and warrior banners to deal more damage than intended.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing the loading screen to drop prematurely.
  • Fixed various crashes.

Say what, now?

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Just saw that.
I`m guessing hoping they buff stats to match arsended shizz once those are out, but doubt they`d think of that..

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

actually I couldn’t believe my eyes seeing a patch without Elementalist being nerfed.
Then I read the new mini-patch notes, and everything is back as usual

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

See the bright side.

Now we lost the only excuse that could prevent devs to fix this profession in PvE.
Since conjured was really far from what a player would look at for gameplay in an elementalist.

Sorry for people who liked them IF someone ever did.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

You realize it is being brought to normal. The y added the buff this patch unintentionally.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

See the bright side.

Now we lost the only excuse that could prevent devs to fix this profession in PvE.
Since conjured was really far from what a player would look at for gameplay in an elementalist.

At least read the patch notes.

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

See the bright side.

they are ambiguos…..
as you can see across thewhole forum most are still wodnering what happened.
And as you know i don t like swinging a hammer pressing 111111 with ele :/ or needing a wall for fgs.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

See the bright side.

Because the patch notes are always complete & not full of crap or stuff missing?

btw, enter any place solo, target a mob, call target.
Ta-da! That was never mentioned in the notes.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in Elementalist

haviz.1340

Because the patch notes are always complete & not full of crap or stuff missing?

It was towards LordByron who started preaching that conjures are nerfed which isn’t the case. Patch notes (those in OP) say they are fixed because they were dealing unintended amount of damage. Any logical conclusion shouldn’t be about nerfing conjures at all because they were mentioned next to banners. Does anyone think banners should be nerfed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

Elementalist doing damage? – must be a bug.
What they meant by unintended damage is that they buffed them to asscended level.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

By the way, in Puandro’s spreadsheet there is a tab about weapon damage and he lists conjures as having 925 average damage compared to 952.5 for daggers.
Should I understand from this that the LH is doing 3% less average weapon damage than daggers?
My case against LH is growing day by day

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

It was towards LordByron who started preaching that conjures are nerfed which isn’t the case. Patch notes (those in OP) say they are fixed because they were dealing unintended amount of damage. Any logical conclusion shouldn’t be about nerfing conjures at all because they were mentioned next to banners. Does anyone think banners should be nerfed?

was infact a random personal free attack since i didn t even said they nerfed them.

I read the thread and said i wasn t unhappy at all since i hate conjured weapons gameplay.

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

Grevender.9235

Elementalist doing damage? – must be a bug.

AHAHAHA you made my day
so sad, yet so true… T.T

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

Right.
That’s so true that to do their 13.6 seconds speed kill on Lupicus, rT used two elementalists.
Hm.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

haviz.1340

was infact a random personal free attack since i didn t even said they nerfed them.

I read the thread and said i wasn t unhappy at all since i hate conjured weapons gameplay.

We’re gonna play semantics now?

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

i didn t complain about a thing i Always said i d like to happen.
On the opposite it means i will have to wait more for an attunement elementalist to be good at pve

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

Grevender.9235

Right.
That’s so true that to do their 13.6 seconds speed kill on Lupicus, rT used two elementalists.
Hm.

you only PvE I assume. I am not going to write again the wall about cost/efficiency ratio, so find it and read it if you want to understand better the point, otherwise stay in PvE and keep dreaming about Ele “being ok”.

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

What cost/efficiency ratio?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

Right.
Hm.

you only PvE I assume. I am not going to write again the wall about cost/efficiency ratio, so find it and read it if you want to understand better the point, otherwise stay in PvE and keep dreaming about Ele “being ok”.

not to worry you but in pvp forum people is asking for elementalist nerfs

(i don t play pvp just saying)

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

haviz.1340

You only wubwub I assume. Once anet nerfs current fotm builds you can expect more “adjustment” to ele.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lycus.2834

Lycus.2834

This is plain stupid… Somehow they find our fully buffed (25 might, food, berseker gear) 8-9k autoattacks on a ELITE skill too high. Yet they give higher damage -passive- to warriors….

“Bug Fix” or “Nerf” → It’s exactly the same. Only Anet’s intention is different; yet I never saw anyone whine about conjured weapon DPS to be to high… So they unneccesarly “fixed” something and caused it to be broken as a consequence.

Screw this, I’m out of here.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Right.
Hm.

Sounds like someone misses his D/D god….too bad. Elementalists are balanced now. Re-learn the class. Many people are doing so and doing well. For every QQer on this forum you get someone with some skill trying to spin it the other way.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

This is plain stupid… Somehow they find our fully buffed (25 might, food, berseker gear) 8-9k autoattacks on a ELITE skill too high. Yet they give higher damage -passive- to warriors….

“Bug Fix” or “Nerf” -> It’s exactly the same. Only Anet’s intention is different; yet I never saw anyone whine about conjured weapon DPS to be to high… So they unneccesarly “fixed” something and caused it to be broken as a consequence.

So you remembered what your damage numbers were before the 3rd, after the recent patch, and you found that there was actually a decrease in damage from August 20th’s live version to September 4th’s live version? You did do that before complaining…right? Or no? Did you just read something and complain because it said “reduced” and “elementalist” in the same bullet point?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lycus.2834

Lycus.2834

“Bug Fix” or “Nerf” -> It’s exactly the same. Only Anet’s intention is different; yet I never saw anyone whine about conjured weapon DPS to be to high… So they unneccesarly “fixed” something and caused it to be broken as a consequence.

So you remembered what your damage numbers were before the 3rd, after the recent patch, and you found that there was actually a decrease in damage from August 20th’s live version to September 4th’s live version? You did do that before complaining…right? Or no? Did you just read something and complain because it said “reduced” and “elementalist” in the same bullet point?

Yup even though it seems in Patch Notes like their is no decrease in actual damage (since 2 days ago for example). Greatsword actually deals a -lot- less damage on me. Either I’m hallucinating, which is entirely possible, or it is actually decreased. Anyone can actually conform with some real numbers that the damage did not decrease?

in Elementalist

Grevender.9235

@LordByron: ppl will complain no matter what, but what has to be really looked at is top tier PvP Elementalists dropping the class and going Warrior.

@Haviz: yes I rarely leave the Mists. That “adjustment” have to be quite deep…

in Elementalist

Grevender.9235

Sounds like someone misses his D/D god….too bad. Elementalists are balanced now. Re-learn the class. Many people are doing so and doing well. For every QQer on this forum you get someone with some skill trying to spin it the other way.

you are either a Thief or Ranger in disguise
p.s: D/D was overrated
p.p.s: I am doing well! just have to press twice as keys (or more) but still…

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

I think you meant overpowered not overrated.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shadowfax.7562

Shadowfax.7562

So what is the fix? Anybody tested?

“Lingering Elements bug ":http://tinyurl.com/n58uag8

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

I think that if you divide the number of people who whined by the number of people who tested you will collapse our dimension.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]