Fixing conjure weapons

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blazinflames.8415

Blazinflames.8415

Most compliant are about the way conjure weapons prevents us of using our other
skills and how they take up useful utility space. To fix this problem they should
combine all conjure weapons to 1 elite and 1 none elite version. This way we won’t
lose access to our utility skills and still have 20 skills at our disposal. For the second
conjure weapon it should contain the conjure weapon of the current element.

To give a proper example I shall describe what the none and elite conjure weapons
should contain.

None elite:
Because a lot of players would like to see more weapons for the elementalist, I thought
about editing some new conjure weapons like the sword, mace and short bow.

Fire: Axe
Water: Sword
Lighting: Short bow
Earth: Shield

Elite:
For the elite skills I replaced some existing ones to the elite conjure version.
These should also be adjusted to an elite norm of damage and usability.
Fiercy Greatsword should also be adjusted to match elite standards.

Fire: Greatsword
Water: Longbow
Lightning: Hammer
Earth: Mace

This is only mine opinion maybe somebody has a better one. They could also only give
the elite version the option to switch between elements if it’s considered to powerful.
And maybe give us the option to drop our conjure weapons so we can pick them up
later.

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: zTales.4392

zTales.4392

I only have two suggestions…

1. Don’t lose the conjured weapon when you use a utility skill (like Mist Form when holding an Ice Bow… is this just a bug?).
2. Make auto-attacks not count towards the charge count thingy.

Other than that, I dunno’. I haven’t used them enough to give amazing suggestions. XD

Bri Dragonblight – Ranger | Bri Iceblight – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

Hey

I like your idea but I think combining all conjured weapons would be too strong. The ability to have all conjured weapons available for just 1 utility slot is just too much.

I do have another idea though which I already mentioned here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/General-improvement-more-viable-builds/first#post1438465

Keep the conjured weapons separated but remove the charges and give us more than 1 trait to play with. I feel like this would be the best way to improve them right now.

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blinka.9078

Blinka.9078

Agree.
- No charge spend on #1 skill.
- Improve damage on fire axe (its too low in my opinion)
- More traits

Conjured weapons are really underwhelming at the moment

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xolo.3580

Xolo.3580

What makes Conjures impractical is mostly the activation delay. If they used the same cooldown as attunement swaps, that would help as well, because players wouldn’t feel “stuck” in the Conjure as much.

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Artemis.6283

Artemis.6283

Remove conjure weapons completely and give us an extra weapon slot where we can put 1 of the weapon types that are already conjured weapons into.
They would have the exact skills as the conjured weapons but without charges and we could use the skin we want. They would still only have 5 possible skills so it wouldn’t be OP, but it would now be possible to equip both, long and short range weapons so that we can adept to the situation without wasting a utility slot….

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

a fire axe would complement the lack of mobility of a scepter-focus build or staff build.
an ice bow is great for healing at range for D/D when getting up close is too dangerous.
an earth shield is just funny looking, great to show to y’r friends when y’r hanging round doin nuthin
Lightning Hammer is great but I feel so thor (soar) after using it.
Fiery greatsword is great for those Leeroy Jenkin moments.

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: MagusShade.2358

MagusShade.2358

I think the biggest problem with conjured weapons is they have a timer AND charge limit. If i can only use a lightning hammer 25 times, why do those 25 times have to happen in the next minute? just the charge limitation is enough, especially since the cooldown for lightning hammer is only 60 seconds anyway, so if the timer runs out i just summon another one.

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

What I’m bothered most about – other ppl using my conjured weapons when i want to keep them for myself (fiery greatsword, anyone?) If only there were an option to allow/disallow weapon sharing…

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

The problem with conjures is they lockout 20 skills and give you 5 new skills, which aren’t very compelling anyway.

Losing a utility slot so you can trade in 20 skills for 5 is a pretty bad deal.

I doubt I would use them even if they didn’t use up a utility slot.

downed state is bad for PVP

(edited by scerevisiae.1972)

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I don’t get the utility argument. You get a bunch of utility when you summon it, and then drop it when it loses its usefulness.

People seem to think conjures are like weaponswapping.

Like how icebow you can say it’s like glyph of storms for the 4, with a nice stun and chill utility, bunch of projectiles if you need that too. Soon as you stop needing the aoe/stun etc you go back to your normal bar.

Not many utilities you get to use twice in such a short time.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blinka.9078

Blinka.9078

I’m getting a bug when summoning conjured weapons recently.
When I summon, it appears one in the ground but not in my hand.
This only happens sometimes.

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: damny.9342

damny.9342

I’m getting a bug when summoning conjured weapons recently.
When I summon, it appears one in the ground but not in my hand.
This only happens sometimes.

IIRC this is a bug that happens when you use “on weapon swap” effects such as the *mancy sigils.

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: pdboddy.4162

pdboddy.4162

I don’t see the conjured weapons being such a big issue. They only last for a short time, and if you really need your normal weapon back, just drop it. As they are now, they work great, they are a huge help in pve. Stuff just dies when the fiery greatsword come out to play.

And I don’t mind if someone else grabs the second one, I usually summon onto other people if there are any, so that stuff can die faster.

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cayllara.1564

Cayllara.1564

I think most of the problems here is you guys are trying to use the conjured weapons yourself. If you have ever used a frost bow or a fiery greatsword in a dungeon, you are already probably aware of what a god send conjure weapons are for other classes. Most conjured weapons, apart from the fiery greatsword, don’t offer anything that an elementalist couldn’t provide themselves. The main attraction is dropping them for people who don’t have your toolkit, and for that they are great. I think the main problem is some of the conjured weapons are either so situational they aren’t worth bringing, or do so little they aren’t useful; the shield and lava axe come to mind here.

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

The way you guys put conjures, they don’t sound so bad…and they aren’t really bad in some situations.

I think one problem I have with them is, if I summon them, I feel compelled to use their charges, or at least most of the charges otherwise it feels like I’m wasting them.

A simple change that might make them more appealing, what if when you drop a conjured weapon, that is also casting a spell? Like dropping the Lightning Hammer is an AoE blind/blast finisher around you, dropping the greatsword creates a lava font under you, dropping the ice bow creates an ice field and AoE chill around you. If nothing more, that’d make them effective combo skills or extra utility if the combo field is too unbalanced.

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

pdboddy.4162

I think most of the problems here is you guys are trying to use the conjured weapons yourself. If you have ever used a frost bow or a fiery greatsword in a dungeon, you are already probably aware of what a god send conjure weapons are for other classes. Most conjured weapons, apart from the fiery greatsword, don’t offer anything that an elementalist couldn’t provide themselves. The main attraction is dropping them for people who don’t have your toolkit, and for that they are great. I think the main problem is some of the conjured weapons are either so situational they aren’t worth bringing, or do so little they aren’t useful; the shield and lava axe come to mind here.

No, I think eles using conjured weapons is just fine. Take a dagger/dagger ele. The icy longbow allows for range. Or a staff ele, the lightning hammer allows for some melee. The fiery greatsword can do both. And the awesome thing about the hammer, longbow and greatsword conjures is that they somewhat replace things you could take as slotted skills as far as offensive skills goes, like glyph of storms.

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cayllara.1564

Cayllara.1564

No, I think eles using conjured weapons is just fine. Take a dagger/dagger ele. The icy longbow allows for range. Or a staff ele, the lightning hammer allows for some melee. The fiery greatsword can do both. And the awesome thing about the hammer, longbow and greatsword conjures is that they somewhat replace things you could take as slotted skills as far as offensive skills goes, like glyph of storms.

Dagger/dagger doesn’t really need range because it already has a ludicrous amount of gap closing abilities; if you need range in a specific encounter you should have changed your weapon sets anyways. I don’t see why a staff Elementalist would want to suddenly start beating things to death in either pve or pvp. And I haven’t a clue why anyone would use glyph of storms. The only notable thing storms can do is blind spam, but you should be leaving that to other classes that can do it better.

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Petrol.9086

Petrol.9086

Something that could be neat was if we could have a trait that made them more like engineering kits.
They wouldn’t drop a second coppy on the ground anymore, but we could swap them in and out as we please. This wouldn’t apply to the greatsword ofc.
Someone, somewhere might even slot the shield

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

pdboddy.4162

Dagger/dagger doesn’t really need range because it already has a ludicrous amount of gap closing abilities; if you need range in a specific encounter you should have changed your weapon sets anyways. I don’t see why a staff Elementalist would want to suddenly start beating things to death in either pve or pvp. And I haven’t a clue why anyone would use glyph of storms. The only notable thing storms can do is blind spam, but you should be leaving that to other classes that can do it better.

If you’ve run out of dodges, or escape techniques are on cd, some of the conjures have helpful skills. Lightning Hammer #3 for instance.

As for the blind spam, yes, we should leave it for someone else because it’s a perfect world and you’ll always have backup. :P

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: madatom.5218

madatom.5218

conjured weapons are objectively flawed because they break the flow of combat, usually deal average or subpar damage and waste a utility slot

the only way i can see conjured weapons being viable is if they are bound to what would usually be the weapon swap bind allowing players to switch between the standard move set and the weapon whenever

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

That’s obviously a mechanical issue.

Why it can’t just be the weapon swap bind? Because other players can swap weapons which puts the swap on cooldown (10 seconds). If you could pick up any weapon (talking environmental weapons/objects too) but swapping would essentially lock you out of one of your weapons because you can’t drop them, this is unintuitive and will cause problems.

I’m actually with the people that said conjures are actually pretty decent…they’re just very different and will feel clunky to someone who doesn’t normally use them. Improvements to them can be made, but I say that namely because do take the slot of another utility.

To really make a balancing decision on the efficiency of conjures, I think their skills/stat buffs should be compared to what could be in their place. I already mentioned why I don’t like using conjures and it’s mainly about a feeling that the charges make me want to actually keep holding them until most of the charges are gone. Dropping them after only 1/2 skills feels a bit like a waste…

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

pdboddy.4162

To really make a balancing decision on the efficiency of conjures, I think their skills/stat buffs should be compared to what could be in their place. I already mentioned why I don’t like using conjures and it’s mainly about a feeling that the charges make me want to actually keep holding them until most of the charges are gone. Dropping them after only 1/2 skills feels a bit like a waste…

I generally try to take out two to three mobs, and then grab the second conjure, and continue fighting til it’s gone. For boss fights, I fight until the the first weapon vanishes, and then grab the second and carry on the fight. This assumes someone else hasn’t grabbed the second weapon.

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Interesting idea regarding attunement matching relevant conjured weapons

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

As a possibility – for the Elementalist, have them work like the Engineer’s kits (infinite carry time/uses), but keep the additional summoned weapon limited – this would need to act like a chain skill. First use activates the “summon a weapon from the sky” version of the skill, then it reverts to a simple kit swap for [cooldown time] seconds.

At the very least, make the autoattacks not use charges. We’re stuck between “do nothing while waiting on skill cooldowns” and “do something very weak while waiting on skill cooldowns, but also reduce the amount of times you can use them”.

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

As a possibility – for the Elementalist, have them work like the Engineer’s kits (infinite carry time/uses), but keep the additional summoned weapon limited – this would need to act like a chain skill. First use activates the “summon a weapon from the sky” version of the skill, then it reverts to a simple kit swap for [cooldown time] seconds.

At the very least, make the autoattacks not use charges. We’re stuck between “do nothing while waiting on skill cooldowns” and “do something very weak while waiting on skill cooldowns, but also reduce the amount of times you can use them”.

I use the fiery sword for 3 major tactics
—> to clear camps,
—>when faced with another DnD ele
—>and on keep doors.

It may be a bit OP if we followed the autoattack suggestion. Although it would be nice to have a bar indicating its ‘use left’ factor.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

The only way to fix conjures is to make them work as a secondary weapon set while in effect, allowing the Elementalist to swap between them and his regular weapon.

Conjures will be gimmicky at best as long as they lock the Elementalist out of their core functionality.

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

pdboddy.4162

—> to clear camps,
—>and on keep doors.

It may be a bit OP if we followed the autoattack suggestion. Although it would be nice to have a bar indicating its ‘use left’ factor.

The bar indicator is an excellent suggestion.

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

The only way to fix conjures is to make them work as a secondary weapon set while in effect, allowing the Elementalist to swap between them and his regular weapon.

Conjures will be gimmicky at best as long as they lock the Elementalist out of their core functionality.

The idea of sacrificing versatility to specialize on something for a few seconds is actually appealing and not-gimmicky. The problem is that conjures can’t do that. Frost Bow is not very good at specializing as a ranged weapon: it has only 900 range and does not offer enough damage or healing. Hammer is not very good at keeping the target on your toes and beating them down, because it lacks damage and requires a glassy ele to not move much. The shield is not very good at defending, because it lacks what the cantrips are so good at for defense: instant speed and stun-breaking.

(I’m not sure what’s the purpose of the axe, nor why an ele would need it, and the greatsword is “almost there” for some heavy ranged artillery).

Make conjure weapons good at what they specialize for, and players will gladly sacrifice, for a few seconds, their versatility to acchieve a specific goal. This would lead to interesting tactics and risk-reward situations: not gimmicky at all.

First, conjures need to be at exotic level, which they were supposed to in the last patch, I think, but it’s bugged. Then, they need to have some of their skills improved, like the crappy air storm from the hammer or the crappy auto-attack from the bow. And finally, some funcitonality tweaks, like an instant-cast shield or a 1200 range bow.

Then we can see bunker eles with shields (or even glass cannon eles), we can see the staff eles with some strong single-target options every once in a while, and we can see dagger eles with good range. Spending versatility for a few seconds, and an utility slot, to cover your holes, it worth it, imo, and in a way, it only makes eles even more versatile. I do think conjures have a lot of potencial to be pretty big, but it also depends on the devs, and if they are willing to make conjures relevant to battle tactics, or if they don’t want from them anything more than a casual and gimmick option.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: International.7980

International.7980

Ice bow is working as intended cept for skill #1. Ice bow has the best ranged AOE in the game (4) in pve. Shard storm is 100 times more accurate than meteor storm and it utterly decimates stationary targets (1 shots roadblocks, towers, etcs…) Comparing it to glyph of storms is a joke as it deals more than twice the damage per shard (it also deals more damage than the Fire Sword’s firestorm). Ice bow also has one of the best single target ccs in the game (5). It for some reason even works on bosses at times (might be bug). Never see the heal (1) though so pls make the AOE larger.

I agree with everything else stated above though.

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

—> to clear camps,
—>and on keep doors.

It’s the most powerful weapon against structures in the whole game.
Non-targeted FGreatsword 4 absolutely annihilates any structure that’s large enough to take multiple hits at once.

I recorded this yesterday: http://youtu.be/eQv2iWwbvvc

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Seetoo.9316

Seetoo.9316

How about change the cd (15s like the attunements). That basically changes them to “weapon swaps” with the least amount of effort

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

pdboddy.4162

How about change the cd (15s like the attunements). That basically changes them to “weapon swaps” with the least amount of effort

Fiery Greatsword, Lightning Hammer and Icy Longbow are too strong for such short cooldowns.

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Knightsaber.9614

Knightsaber.9614

Perhaps they should replace all the conjured weps with a single skill, as mentioned before, where the attunement determines the weapon (assuming they rearrange and rebalance them) and simply have the weapon last a full 60 second with no charges and a 90-100 second Cd.

(edited by Knightsaber.9614)

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

The best improvement would be to make the Fiery Greatsword of Great Justice Powers castable whilst moving (also chaning its name to the one mentioned). Its an elite for god sakes, why is it the only one that cant cast while moving?

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I always disliked the idea of making the conjures the elementalist’s fifth glyph: all conjures in one skill that would change depending on the attunement. It would honestly be a big mess. I mean, a skill that grants 20 skills? Besides being impossible to balance, it could even be a drawback, because it would force you to be in a specific attunement to use the conjure that would most fit your build. Might not be very noticeable now, but the day conjures get good, we’ll probably considerate each one of them for their own, specific build.

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Seetoo.9316

Seetoo.9316

Fiery Greatsword, Lightning Hammer and Icy Longbow are too strong for such short cooldowns.

How are they too strong when the individual cd’s of each skill will still be cooling down even after recasting.

Fixing conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wanderer.5471

Wanderer.5471

I think the biggest problem with conjured weapons is they have a timer AND charge limit. If i can only use a lightning hammer 25 times, why do those 25 times have to happen in the next minute? just the charge limitation is enough, especially since the cooldown for lightning hammer is only 60 seconds anyway, so if the timer runs out i just summon another one.

i think that’s the problem^ if it didn’t have a timer you could give everyone on your team a fiery greatsword – that would be a bit OP.