Focus Love

Focus Love

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Is it possible to get a trait for the focus? And maybe some silly skills looked at?

The skills I’m refering too are Comet and Fire Aura
Comet is an interrupt but you have to predict the enemies attacks as its not instant cast.
Fire Aura has a very long cd for something not as good as any of the other ele 5 skills (except maybe comet)

Comet could do with a buff, my suggestions are as follows:
Make comet instant cast but reduce the damage – or – Remove the interrupt and replace with more damage or something else (e.g. make it similar to trident but it would have a longer time to heal).

Fire Aura could use a cool down reduction of 5-10 sec.

Finally the focus could use an arcane Trait.
Suggestions welcome, mine are:
Gain Might / Swiftness / Regen / Protection when swapping attunement when using the Focus.
-or-
Focus gives Pow / Prec / Vit/ Tough when in the corresponding attunement
-or-
Focus ranged skills increased to 1200
-or-
Wind bourn dagger applies to focus as well (built into the wind bourn skill)
-or-
Focus skills recharge 10-20% faster, does not stack with other recharge skills (earth / fire / air / water, but they would still work with main hand).

Feel free to add you ideas.
FYI I use the focus on spvp and low ranked tourneys, with this “Build Diversity” patch, I’m hoping for something nice for the focus

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Focus Love

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Fire Aura needs a complete rework.

Focus Love

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Fire Aura does need a complete rework. The idea of auras is to punish our enemies for hitting us. Severely. To the point they back off a few seconds and let us get aggressive or give us breathing room.

Fire Aura causes minor burning when we’re hit. That… Is not going to make anyone rethink attacking us. We’ll be dead long before the burning becomes a problem for our attacker.

Maybe Fire Aura should cause an AoE burst of say, 300 base damage along with four seconds of burning per hit? That’d definitely give the enemy reason to pause.

Focus Love

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

I would like fire aura to do damage when someone hits you.

Remember, there is a trait that gives fire aura on signets, when paired with a focus, you can have almost permanent fire aura (giving away all other utilities in the process). This means it can’t be to strong.

I would also like Fire Aura to buff power or grant might for its duration. As is the other auras are much better, but then again there is only 1 cast-able source of those auras (at one time)

Focus Love

in Elementalist

Posted by: Melkiah.2496

Melkiah.2496

I would also like Fire Aura to buff power or grant might for its duration.

I’d like to see fire aura to do some dmg on attack too or, at least, apply a longer burning.

Anyway keep in mind that fire aura already gives you 1 stack of might (1s cd per attacker) for 10 seconds. Believe me, when fighting multiple enemies is a huge income of might stacks

Melkiah Soulreaper
VII Guild
Elementalist

Focus Love

in Elementalist

Posted by: Demon.5082

Demon.5082

I’d like to see fire aura to do some dmg on attack too or, at least, apply a longer burning.

Anyway keep in mind that fire aura already gives you 1 stack of might (1s cd per attacker) for 10 seconds. Believe me, when fighting multiple enemies is a huge income of might stacks

But you will be dead by the time the might stacks help you ;-P

I dont know about you guys but I want my fire aura to hurt like the one used by the Risen Pirates. Each attacks gives me return damage of about 1000 (which can crit)

I know you can stack signets to gain long terms of fire aura but those utilities are just too weak to justify using them for the fire aura.

On a side note, Focus with rework can be the ultimate weapon for WvW and Bunker builds, but I do not see it becoming popular apart from that purely for one reason.

Ride……….The………..Lightning (I have and always will love this freaking skill)

Cevinian (elementalist), Gesmia Romirr (mesmer), Zerkarr (warrior) Devona’s Rest – US.
Breakdown of class roles in tpvp
Suggestions for improving/fixing elementalists

Focus Love

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Focus needs love indeed. I would primarily want to see Flamewall getting a complete overhaul, as it does nothing, but look pretty and be a secondary fire field. Also, Freezing Gust is bad. It could use a grand damage buff, and Comet could use a damage boost as well.

It strikes me as odd that there are no high damage skills, like Fire Grab, Pheonix, DT, etc. in the arsenal. Clearly you could alter Flamewall and Freezing Gust into something to boost the usefulness of focus.

Focus Love

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

I use focus in dungeons. the invul and aoe missile protection are quite nice.

Focus Love

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Fire aura should deal back a percentage based on the enemy’s damage. Since everyone likes to run zerker for everything and try to 1 shot everything in sight, something like this might cause players to actually think for a change. Something like that alone would make focus a ton better. And Flamewall is just terrible. Its too tiny and has a really thin area it can even effect. it needs to be made a lot bigger and do more damage. It could be a useful tool for blocking an area. similar to guardian’s line of warding for staff. except instead of knocking you back when you try to cross it, it burns you for each second you stand in it. Its duration needs to be increased too.

Focus Love

in Elementalist

Posted by: Demon.5082

Demon.5082

I use focus in dungeons. the invul and aoe missile protection are quite nice.

Focus makes an ele equal (if not better) to a mesmer in terms of projectile protection.
If they just tweaked numbers (flame shield cd, fire wall radius, comet projectile speed/cd, freezing gust chill duration/damage), it will hands down be the best defensive weapon in WvWvW and pve dungeons with lots of projectiles flying around.

The problem is that for spvp and tpvp, if your not a bunker build you wont use it since you lose massive burst skills and mobility skills.

Cevinian (elementalist), Gesmia Romirr (mesmer), Zerkarr (warrior) Devona’s Rest – US.
Breakdown of class roles in tpvp
Suggestions for improving/fixing elementalists

Focus Love

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

if you think about it fire aura is the only one that doesn’t make sense. sure it gives a very minor burn and can be used to stack might but name 1 ele who can jumps forward to get HIT MULTIPLE TIMES thats like the exact opposite of any other aura
earth= reflect
water= slow
air= daze

Aura’s are shields, who came up with a hair brain skill to throw our squishy kitten into the line of fire for a small boost we will likely waste laying on the ground.

#ELEtism

Focus Love

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

Flame wall should instead be a smoke field. Name it smoldering ashes or something.

Focus Love

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

if you think about it fire aura is the only one that doesn’t make sense. sure it gives a very minor burn and can be used to stack might but name 1 ele who can jumps forward to get HIT MULTIPLE TIMES thats like the exact opposite of any other aura
earth= reflect
water= slow
air= daze

Aura’s are shields, who came up with a hair brain skill to throw our squishy kitten into the line of fire for a small boost we will likely waste laying on the ground.

Dagger main hand usually does that.

Namely, burning speed.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

Focus Love

in Elementalist

Posted by: warblah.6543

warblah.6543

Remember, there is a trait that gives fire aura on signets, when paired with a focus, you can have almost permanent fire aura (giving away all other utilities in the process). This means it can’t be to strong.

I would also like Fire Aura to buff power or grant might for its duration. As is the other auras are much better, but then again there is only 1 cast-able source of those auras (at one time)

The problem with fireshield is it will NOT stack in duration, means if you happen to pop another signet while the first fireshield is still active, it will not increase it’s duration(The other non aura boons will still stack duration)

Focus Love

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

if earth attunement can reflect missiles, why not let fire attunement reflect melee damage? Like guardian’s retaliation, but for grown ups.

would love to see the thieves and warriors faces,

Edit: Obviously Fire-Aura-on-Signet would need a ICD if this was realzors.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Focus Love

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

I would like fire wall to become something similar to the rangers Torch aoe skill. Atm I use it to put up a wall and get the burning combo finisher from earth auto, or to be a horrible person and drop it on downed foes.

Fire aura could be cool to reduce incoming damage or reflect incoming melee damage.
Lore: Surround yourself with a flaming aura, the heat from which burns foes getting to close.
Burning as in flinching (reduced damage) or as in burning (damage and burn). Or even, attacks landing on a fire aura result in burning and a short duration of weakness.

Focus Love

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

earth= reflect
water= slow
air= daze

Dagger main hand usually does that.

Namely, burning speed.

I mixed my words there a bit, I meant in terms of getting hit on purpose so you could get the might. seems the exact opposite of keeping our squishy bodies out of harms away.

#ELEtism