Four Conjure Build

Four Conjure Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lucky Charmz.5089

Lucky Charmz.5089

I’m kind of new to this, so if this is just awful, sorry!

How’s this build look? Viable? PvE? PvP?

http://www.gw2builds.org/create/bwe_1/elementalist#0.0-2.8.7.5.1-20.0.10.30.10-8.3.1.12.11.6.0

(the last arcane trait was supposed to be final shielding – create an arcane shield at 25% health)

Is there any viable build with using 4 conjure weapon abilities?

Water would be the base attunement (Constant health regen + regen from heal)

Obviously use the hammer for main dps, and many of the traits help with survivability (final shielding, earth’s embrace, 30 points in water for more health/healing)

The bow for ranged dps, (vulnerability is really good with piercing shards), because you can’t always be in ranged, and the hammer goes on cool down, so you’ll need another weapon.

Bow could be switched out for the axe.

Shield for an “Oh kitten” button and if you ever need more defense than offense, and if you run out of the bow and hammer too quickly, and you don’t want to use your normal weapon.

Shield could be switched out for axe for more constant dps (though you really shouldn’t run out between the bow and hammer..or hammer and axe)

Then the sword just because. The other elite skills could work too, but with the conjure trait it just seems like more sense.

You would build power, toughness, and vitality…but mainly power and toughness because the traits already give a lot of vitality.

Four Conjure Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I doubt you’ll have time to use all of them all the time. Why not use, say, your staff for ranged attacks instead of the bow?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Four Conjure Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lucky Charmz.5089

Lucky Charmz.5089

I doubt you’ll have time to use all of them all the time. Why not use, say, your staff for ranged attacks instead of the bow?

I am under the impression that the bow and/or axe does more damage than the normal weapons when the normal weapons are buffed up by traits. (which they’re not in my build)

Four Conjure Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

sure, you can do it in some pve situations
but not in all, and not in pvp
because it basically leaves you with no utility skills. no stunbreaks, for starters
and it wouldn’t be efficient anyway. If you want a lot of conjures, take three and a utility skill. There are always a few normal weapon skills worth using even if your focus is the conjures. Weave those in too.

I’d also take the boon on attunement trait, since when you’re weilding conjures there’s not much reason to not constantly swap and get those boons. (Soothing mist lasts for ~8 seconds after switching out of water.) With my current PvE build, I have lighting hammer on my bar most of the time, and use a staff. What I’ll do is lay down a combo field and then break out the hammer, use the leap and/or blast finisher in the field, and constantly swap attunements while I hit things, which helps a lot since I have, uh… Elemental Attunement. that’s what it’s called. and enough in both fire and air for the deal damage on attunement minor traits. (I don’t have anything in water since I intentionally made it a 0-defense build, but 15 in water would obviously also be great)

Four Conjure Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

i dont feel that is a useful way to use the weapons unless giving the weapons to others.
basically locks out the other weapons on cast. one conjure with the fgs elite is about all can handle. mist form and lightning flash are just too useful to not take.
low arcane works ok with conjures as the conjure gives time for the attunments to recycle.
i would try to got 5 or 15 into arcane for the fury and the increase in attunment time.
25 in water is nice for the damage boost.
currently i like a 0\20\0\25\25 build. more can be taken from arcane to boost up power . I run with berserker jewel in spvp.
one with air helps with the lack of run buff. and air trait one for auras. that helps out ax. ring of fire. leap. roll back. explosive ax. autoattack
generally i do this from water using +damage from vulnerability.
issue with this kind of thing is the timing and skill needed to cycle through the attacks and use it when not ready. its a lot to keep in the head. and all that button pushing. it can be kind of intense but it works with d/d well enough for me.

(edited by Crunchy Gremlin.5798)

Four Conjure Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: CurtMonash.3498

CurtMonash.3498

I thought the fire leap finisher wasn’t triggering aura traits any more after the 11/15 fiasco?

Four Conjure Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

only for magnetic grasp

Four Conjure Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I am under the impression that the bow and/or axe does more damage than the normal weapons when the normal weapons are buffed up by traits. (which they’re not in my build)

In my personal experience, the conjured weapons aren’t worth bringing solely for the damage (if they even do extra damage at all). The elite is quite strong of course, as it should be, but so are the alternatives.

Even if they do add extra damage, you’re giving up all your utility slots. In a cantrip build, you could use 3 cantrips and get 9 stacks of might through a fire trait. With a signet build, you get near-permanent Fury (+20% crit chance). And that’s not even counting the defensive buffs they give.

And in the end, the weapon skills are actually quite strong and useful. In my opinion, you should use conjures only when they do something you cannot achieve in other means.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Four Conjure Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

that is the truth of the matter. they are after all just utility slots.