Fresh 80 - Looking for Gear

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nytefawl.6412

Nytefawl.6412

Hey all,

D/D Ele using 0/10/0/30/30 for Spvp, and now I’d like to turn my attention to pve.

Fresh 80 with over 53k Karma saved up wearing a bunch of level 70+ greens and looking to upgrade.

Q – Is there gear I should buy BEFORE i begin to farm end game dungeons/fractals in order to prepare myself? What is the most effective use of all my saved up KARMA to best gear myself now that I’m level 80.

Thanks for any tips and help you can give!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

If you’re going for a tank build, there isn’t any Lv80 gear that gives PVT that you can get off the TP, so I’d just start grinding AC and upgrade your armor as you get the tokens.

I don’t think you have enough Karma to do much with in terms of Lv80 gear. I know the PVT daggers are 60k+ for Lv80, and I’m not sure about the armor.

So, long story short, no, I can’t think of anything you should/could get that would help you before you grind dungeons. Maybe some Knight’s or Valkyrie’s rares?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

PVT

OP is looking for good advice

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nytefawl.6412

Nytefawl.6412

Okay thanks, As you probably guessed I’m just trying to make sure I have the best gear possible so I’m not a liability to dungeon groups or anything like that.

If there’s anything we’ve missed please post, otherwise I guess I’ll start up the ole dungeon grind, thanks again

in Elementalist

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

I would take Knight’s for armour and then berserker or cavalier for jewels.

So you can..actually kill something.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaoloi.7092

Kaoloi.7092

Since I passed that point with my ele not too long ago I can tell you one thing. Whatever gear you aim to go for first, I think that TP will be your solution.

For instance I chose to go with zerker’s gear and soldier’s accessories. Bought all of them on TP (12 silver for 6 pieces of green lvl 80 armor and about 1.5g for 6 accessories).

Not sure where you can get what you need really fast, but if you want to get into dungeons with at least lvl 80 gear (even if it’s green) then try out TP, might work for you.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ChaosDoom.8459

ChaosDoom.8459

Hi OP, my advise is to buy: 2 x berserker weapon, 6 x knight armor, 5 x accessories cavalier or knight with beryl jewels. Go for rare if possible, else settle for at least masterwork.

Toughness and crit % and crit damage % should be enough for the moment and that bit of vitality from beryl should help you. Going full bunker with rare or masterwork will just reduce your total damage output though you don’t kiss the floor that often.

You should be grinding AC dungeon in the beginning so you can google for guides in AC (exp). That should prepare you pretty much for it. Do take note on the Kholer part (Dodge when he raises his hand) and during his spinning attack just do Fire 2, Water 2 or CE assuming you dodged his scorpion wire. Hopes these helps.

Little Furry – Twin Terror of Crystal Desert
Guild KöMÉ – §Strength, Honour & Duty§