Fresh 80 PvE Ele, i'm lost!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kianda.1275

Kianda.1275

So much things, so much guides i’m lvl 80 and don’t know what do to! I’m lost!
I would like to focus on PvE only! Any EASY advice?

Right now i’m doing: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_boss
And trying to get: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flame_Legion_armor_ just because that looks cool!

Problem is that I don’t know what should I focus on!
Boss, raids, dungeons, crafting, exploring, map completion, unlocking skills/traits, gathering resources etc…
I usually go for map completion but I always find a train of awesomeness that is killing EVERYTHING and I want to join that…

I would like to focus on PvE content only, what armor should I aim for? what weapons? what build? Something easy and overall good that don’t require MONTHS of grinding? Any easy steps to follow to improve my gameplay or achieve something?

(sorry if someone already posted something like this, in that case please reply with a link!)

Thanks!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Netko.9271

Netko.9271

Focus on what you find fun, you should unlock skills/traits that you need and then get your gear by either crafting, buying from TP, buy with karma from temple. Getting exotic gear is not hard, it would be better to first get armor that you need and then go for skins and look that you like.
Check here for builds and gear in various situation:

http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

in Elementalist

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

While you’re trying to do CoF runs for your (first?) exotic level set of armor, make sure you have level 80 rare (or even masterwork) armor and accessories! It’s generally not too expensive to get a full set of level 80 stuff at that rarity, but the difference between a fully cohesive set of level-cap armor and a ragtag mix of whatever you grabbed while levelling up can be huge.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

WELCOME to the “end game”, where you can do whatever you wish!

i suggest you first run around the world untill you unlocked all way points that are near world bosses, as well as all way points that are near dungeons.

Download a phone app that shows you when the world bosses show up,or book mark a web page that does the same.

Join a guild that likes to do dungeons, or simply join pugs.

Try to do all the world bosses and all dungeon paths (at least the ones that are easy and fast) every day.

Level up your tailoring and start working on your ascended armor set

Still got free time?
-explore the rest of the world for 100% map completion
-Finish personal story
-Finish living story
-Enjoy temporary wintersday festival, snoop around and see if you can find a way to use the event to make tons of gold
-Explore silverwastes and such for achievements and new carapace armor and titles
-work on your legendary, yes you can do this! /cheer

as for gear, im sure everyone will recommend you full zerker ,always zerker ,zerker everywhere in all PvE.

Personally i use full zerker for dungeons and for roaming around and exploring the pve for map completion.

I also made a full nomad gear for some hard large events such as tripple trouble or tequatl. it just helps me stay alive and i also find my self filling up other players hp from 30% back to 100% a lot.

As for weapons i mostly use staff, i like using fire and arcana for zerker builds, and water arcana for nomad builds.

it allows me to have lava font constantly up,and my fireballs hit like a train.
I add a few meteor showers and icebows in the mix on large groups as well.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kianda.1275

Kianda.1275

Awesome! Thanks!

in Elementalist

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

Especially at the beginning, you want to focus on how to get gold/gear within short time. Playing “efficiently” is not the way to enjoy the game in long terms, however at the beginning it helps you got get the gear/sigils/runes you want.

There are some things you can do on a regular basis to get a good amount of gold:

Dungeons you can do in pug groups, for example:

- ascalon path 1/2/3

- citadel of flame path 1/2

- twilight arbor forward/up

Of course you can do the world bosses, try to get a http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Salvage_Kit for a higher chance of ectoplasm globs when you salvage the yellow stuff.

A very efficient way to make gold is to participate in the three big events in cursed shore: temple of melandru, temple of grenth, gates of arah (including pre-events!).

So I would suggest you do your dungeons, dailys, cursed shore events and world bosses until you have decent gear and then you can decide what to do from that on. There is a lot of things, like going for a legendary, crafting ascended armor, do the living world story, world vs. world, tequatl/jungle worm etc…