Fresh Air Overload?

Fresh Air Overload?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Q:

Last time I checked, Fresh Air was not recharging Air Attunement after an overload, can anyone tell me if that will be/was fixed or is that intended?

Fresh Air Overload?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Prism.5649

Prism.5649

A:

Fresh Air does recharge Air Attunement if you swap attunements. Unsure if it supposed to be able to recharge the overload if you stay in Air Attunement.

Prismatic Storm: Ele
Prismatic Science: Engi
Prismatic Dream: Mesmer

Fresh Air Overload?

in Elementalist

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Shouldn’t be intended. Fresh Air should recharge it regardless.

Säïnt

Fresh Air Overload?

in Elementalist

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Was this actually stated anywhere?

Fresh Air Overload?

in Elementalist

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

I think it’s only logical that Fresh Air will recharge air attunement/overload only after you swap out of air, just like it functions now.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

Fresh Air Overload?

in Elementalist

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Fresh Air does recharge Air Attunement if you swap attunements. Unsure if it supposed to be able to recharge the overload if you stay in Air Attunement.

Excellent! Exactly what I wanted to know, thanks!

I think it’s only logical that Fresh Air will recharge air attunement/overload only after you swap out of air, just like it functions now.

Yes, well ofc you need to swap attunements, it recharges the CD of swapping back to Air, not the OL itself. I asked because Fresh Air was not recharging Air attunement after OLing in the last BWE and couldn’t find out if it was intended due to OL CDs or if it was a bug. Since it works, it must have been a bug. All is good.

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

Fresh Air Overload?

in Elementalist

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

I meant that if this is the way it works now, I don’t think it should work differently with OLs.

So to clarify, are you saying FA recharges the OL even if you stay in Air and don’t swap out?

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

Fresh Air Overload?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maskah.1486

Maskah.1486

I don’t believe that it is intended to recharge OL if you stay in air. It is indeed working as intended.

Fresh Air Overload?

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Yeah thats a good point, but the original point of FA was to refresh your air attunement, and with base ele you have to be outside of air since that was the only way for it to be on CD.

It would be cool if it could let you just camp air the whole time, but I feel going to fire/earth on fresh air build in between air attunement spikes is overall helpful.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Fresh Air Overload?

in Elementalist

Posted by: shinta.8906

shinta.8906

freshair + air overload is too strong. saying as a freshair ele main.

the air aura prog every 10 sec is strong in ist own, the stability for it is ok strong but the dmg out of the overload is plane to much and takes the fight out of the fight..

imo one of the problems is u basicly can not avoid the lightning hits while overloading as Long as u r in range.

Fresh Air Overload?

in Elementalist

shinta.8906

just want to add that i missed out 30% + dmg out out missing asc gear and food. add might to it and u basicly have with a 3 sec loss a perma meteor shower from what we know now dmgwise.

Fresh Air Overload?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Huddi.8297

Huddi.8297

Fresh air does not instantly give you access to overcharge, but after 5 seconds.
I am by no means a good fresh air player, but feel free to check out my video if you like:
https://youtu.be/1UDgttcSYLk

Fresh Air Overload?

in Elementalist

Posted by: grayskull.2367

grayskull.2367

freshair + air overload is too strong. saying as a freshair ele main.

the air aura prog every 10 sec is strong in ist own, the stability for it is ok strong but the dmg out of the overload is plane to much and takes the fight out of the fight..

imo one of the problems is u basicly can not avoid the lightning hits while overloading as Long as u r in range.

WTF is going on HOW are you getting so many strike with air overload i get half as many i’ve tried everything to copy this and it cant be done WHAT?

Oh wait are you stacking up shocking auras can i get a build please as i love to make this

(edited by grayskull.2367)

Fresh Air Overload?

in Elementalist

Posted by: grayskull.2367

grayskull.2367

Ok wow this is so broken XD

Fresh Air Overload?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Triflux.8027

Triflux.8027

Yeah it works now, in fact I’m running cele DD build, replaced fire with Lightning and arcane with tempest.

Air Overload hits pretty hard.. IF you managed to cast the 4 seconds, and the enemy stays in the Lightning strike radius.

Works well against melees and good for holding points k guess.

The entire Air Overload should do about 8k damage or more, and you can even do your usual rotation after the first 4 seconds. So it does do lots of damage..

Fresh Air Overload?

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

In pvp this is totally fine because the damage is avoidable enough (just walk out of AoE) and the tempest dies if someone looks at it funnily.

I don’t want the best pvp tempest build to get nerfed because people in Open world PvE think its too much damage.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Fresh Air Overload?

in Elementalist

shinta.8906

and i would like to see the numbers balanced around zerk gear instead of cele.

Fresh Air Overload?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

and i would like to see the numbers balanced around zerk gear instead of cele.

So roaming war hitting for 12k dmg on a 8s greatsword burst is fine…but tempest fresh air that trades survival for damage is not? Just lol, the moment ele does good damage on zerk gear which doesn’t involve some pve crap corner stacking…the second some white knight( who apparently play ele) comes here with wvw videos asking for nerfs

Give me a break and go play marauder tempest in pvp at high mmr if you think to be that great

MMO community can be really funny at times…one moment they cry saying something UP, the devs suck…a second later somebody find something that works and everybody shout bloody murder….

Fresh Air Overload?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Necrum Davengers.3519

Necrum Davengers.3519

Fresh air does not instantly give you access to overcharge, but after 5 seconds.
I am by no means a good fresh air player, but feel free to check out my video if you like:

O.O this impressive, but i think it will be nerf…

Fresh Air Overload?

in Elementalist

Supreme.3164

No stab, he’d lose against any decent player in wvw able to chain a single interrupt…..no chance in pvp without stab and plenty of interruptible skills…also this is beta weekend and few are used to overloads and tempest

Fresh Air Overload?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Fresh Air refreshes Air Attunement’s cooldown whenever you crit.

When a Tempest attunes to a new attunement, the attunement will become available for Overload in 6 seconds.

In this way, Fresh Air allows you to “get around” the downside of overloading Air Attunement.

So Fresh Air synergies very well with Tempest if you can use this interaction. However, it’s really not a very big deal, because at the moment, the power level of Overload is still very low for the cast time and draw backs of Overloading.

Fresh Air Overload?

in Elementalist

shinta.8906

i actually never cried about anything supreme except about buffs to make that class even more casual.

that some classes will steamrole you with it, i found out. yet not all runes and sigills where avaiable. what i fear is the abuse. in ur pvp bubble u will probably dont know the mechanics a teamsetup might offer u but there r allready some very cheesy specs around with perma condi immune qickness and every other buff. perma. add that to air overload.

i dont play pve but from what i know is that they nerfed icebow for a reason.

Fresh Air Overload?

in Elementalist

Huddi.8297

No stab, he’d lose against any decent player in wvw able to chain a single interrupt…..no chance in pvp without stab and plenty of interruptible skills…also this is beta weekend and few are used to overloads and tempest

Actually this build offers more stab than all usual ele builds: Stab on utility skill and stab on overcharging (plus a lot of stunning auras, which also protects you in a way).

To make clear, I know that the surprise factor was in my favor and I am no good fresh air player, but stab is a strength and not a weakness of the build.

Fresh Air Overload?

in Elementalist

Supreme.3164

i actually never cried about anything supreme except about buffs to make that class even more casual.

that some classes will steamrole you with it, i found out. yet not all runes and sigills where avaiable. what i fear is the abuse. in ur pvp bubble u will probably dont know the mechanics a teamsetup might offer u but there r allready some very cheesy specs around with perma condi immune qickness and every other buff. perma. add that to air overload.

i dont play pve but from what i know is that they nerfed icebow for a reason.

Then it’s time for anet to learn how to prevent abuse, it’s pointless to tell me about abuse…people will always go for the easier route.
Luckily anet seems to have learnt their lesson and the upcoming content should reduce/avoid any abuse like corner stacking trolls

If a bunch of “elitist” decide to stack overload in a corner deep into the catacomb of ascalon…I believe that it’s not ele community problem…but anet problem.

Now you coming here with a wvw video suggesting to “change” air overload to avoid future pve abuses ..well..it’s the equivalent of somebody going in RL asking the world to get rid of all weapons to end all wars…guess what? people will laugh at you, ‘cause wars won’t end by simply getting rid of pistols/tanks whatever…people would simply start use swords again.

Just tell me…did the icebow nerf stop dungeon abuse like corner stacking?…..it did not it seems, simply now all conjure are useless in all game modes and now you’re proposing to nerf overload dmg..to avoid some pve abuse?

So we nerf overload dmg so that there is no freaking reason to overload attunement…no freaking reason to use tempest; sounds smart to me -_-

@Huddi – the fact is that overload are the reason to go tempest, without that “WoW” factor there would be 0 reason to use tempest over regular ele; people must stop taking my comments on a personal level.

There is not only fresh air, some people enjoy lightning rod, some enjoy fire line or earth and point being in this case people would be out of air attunement for at least 20s and there must be a trade off for it.

When somebody is built for damage..it should do damage and finally ele can do damage while being still non insta kill….just like roaming wars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVjWBH5-zqA 12k+ dmg with one hit…why is that ok and air overload with 4s casting is not?

(edited by Supreme.3164)

Fresh Air Overload?

in Elementalist

Huddi.8297

Generally, if you have criticism and want to have an improvement, make a new topic and stay as constructive as you can.

At this point I feel like it’s difficult to say what will be viable in PvE, depending on the difficulty. However, in general, I don’t think that the tempest offers anything great besides the overloads: The weapon is kinda meh. The traits give you the option to stack protection for a group easily with a aura-sharing build, but other than that I don’t see really great build opportunities. So I think that the viability of the air overcharge will determine playability of tempest in PvE.

About the warrior thing: Their defense is more accessible, which gives them a huge advantage in the zerk vs zerk PvP duel. Their sustain is weaker tho. Every class has strengths and weaknesses.

(edited by Huddi.8297)