Fresh Air after the Patch?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nabarue.3290

Nabarue.3290

So I dusted off my ele and gave it a go post-patch to test how the Ferocity changes had effected my Fresh Air build. I know I saw a damage reduction, but I am currently unsure if it has made it less viable than it used to be…

What are the opinions of other Fresh Air eles? I have been considering coming back to my ele for some time, but I’m not sure if I can justify it to myself if my favorite weapon combo (Scepter/Dagger) has been nerfed into the ground. (I run Staff on occasion, but Scepter/Dagger is just so much FUN! Big numbers, many crit…)

Thanks for any responses you may share

Sir Sprocket the Engi/ Kyoryu Silver the Ele
And my Alter-Ego- Kyoryu Gold, Mesmer, Thundering Hero, wielder of the Legendary Meteorlogicus!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

What? scepter/dagger has not been nerfed. Are you high?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nabarue.3290

Nabarue.3290

Hmm, perhaps I didnt quite word that clearly enough. What I was asking was this:

Fresh Air relies on crits. A lot of the damage from a Sc/Dagger FA build comes from the high damage crits. What I was asking is if Fresh Air is less effective because of the Ferocity change. I mean, I have noticed that the damage is LESS, but is it something other eles who run a build similar to mine are finding to be an issue.

And no, not high (rude, rude indeed). Thanks for asking. Just didn’t phrase my post clearly enough, it seems.

Sir Sprocket the Engi/ Kyoryu Silver the Ele
And my Alter-Ego- Kyoryu Gold, Mesmer, Thundering Hero, wielder of the Legendary Meteorlogicus!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

Fresh Air with Dagger/Focus should still be the Go-To build for FotM Ele’s. I’ve been running Dungeons with D/F all day (cant be bothered to swap builds) and the damage is still superb.

Also: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Guide-DPS-Elementalist-for-PvE/page/3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmMN1UH6ymo

(edited by Veydar.5017)

in Elementalist

Posted by: zilcho.7624

zilcho.7624

Fresh Air is still our most viable PvP build, I think. But you need to play it differently now, with the crit damage nerfs.

So far, I’ve had the most success with 0/30/0/10/30 combined with Vigor stacking. With the new 30 point Arcana trait, you can really keep Vigor up. Between dodge and blind, you can 1v1 pretty well.

All that said, ele is still garbage tier. You’ll still get blown apart. And this patch failed to fix us. We might be just a tiny bit better, but it is negligible.

(edited by zilcho.7624)

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Fresh Air is still our most viable PvP build, I think. But you need to play it differently now, with the crit damage nerfs.

So far, I’ve had the most success with 0/30/0/10/30 combined with Vigor stacking. With the new 30 point Arcana trait, you can really keep Vigor up. Between dodge and blind, you can 1v1 pretty well.

All that said, ele is still garbage tier. You’ll still get blown apart. And this patch failed to fix us. We might be just a tiny bit better, but it is negligible.

then you are playing the wrong build for survival. fresh air is terrible for anything other than burst.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: zilcho.7624

zilcho.7624

then you are playing the wrong build for survival. fresh air is terrible for anything other than burst.

I never said I played Fresh Air for survival. I’m playing it for burst. But overall, ele’s still get blown apart ten times faster than all our DPS peers.

in Elementalist

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I’m doing pretty decent with a Fresh Air 30 - 20 water - 20 arcane S/D. It’s the sixth class I’ve worked through the paces in PvP (warrior and ranger to go).

I absolutely work overtime to take advantage of positioning, terrain and teammates, especially compared to the other 5 classes I’ve used. Holding abilities in reserve to use as escapes has worked better for me than using them as all-in damage moves.

Fresh Air has no margin of error. If you pick a bad situation to fight in or flub up, you’re toast.

I actually didn’t notice any real damage nerfage last night. It seemed to me that I might even be hitting harder, but I bet that’s just because some people must have forgotten to retrait or I just ran into a lot of zerker glass last night.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Wasn’t Crit Damage in PvP remain unchanged?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

I’m doing pretty decent with a Fresh Air 30 – 20 water – 20 arcane S/D. It’s the sixth class I’ve worked through the paces in PvP (warrior and ranger to go).

I absolutely work overtime to take advantage of positioning, terrain and teammates, especially compared to the other 5 classes I’ve used. Holding abilities in reserve to use as escapes has worked better for me than using them as all-in damage moves.

Fresh Air has no margin of error. If you pick a bad situation to fight in or flub up, you’re toast.

I actually didn’t notice any real damage nerfage last night. It seemed to me that I might even be hitting harder, but I bet that’s just because some people must have forgotten to retrait or I just ran into a lot of zerker glass last night.

Most of them dont dodge mate xD But yeah s/d still pretty much the same now with dagger main hand + celestial and might stacking they are having better results

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

In case people are ignorant of this, the devs decided to keep crit damage untouched in PvP, so if you are seeing damage changes there you may be hallucinating and might want to visit your doctor, or at the very least take a break from playing with all the new skins you got from town clothing conversion (my devil horns are awesome, ty anet) and get some sleep.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I love my ele’s fresh air even after the patch; I’ve been able to kick a few thieves around the arena still
Maybe I just had alot of practice

But I dare anyone say ele is op bc they aren’t.
I use 0/30/0/10/30 scepter/focus & arcane brilliance

in Elementalist

Ugruk.4069

I love my ele’s fresh air even after the patch; I’ve been able to kick a few thieves around the arena still

What changed for that build? Only the scepter 3 right?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Nope.First you can run fresh air and celestial cause of how broken is might stacking and you will do after a while same damage as before patch (with burning ) and be a lot more tanky.
Second is the signet.It got bufed and fresh air procs it a lot more than all other builds.Its just almost as much sustain as before patch only that condies are insane and thats the only thing thats keeping it in line. I tell you right now if somehow the absurd burning goes back to before june levels ele will be far more op than it ever was

in Elementalist

Ugruk.4069

Nope.First you can run fresh air and celestial cause of how broken is might stacking and you will do after a while same damage as before patch (with burning ) and be a lot more tanky.
Second is the signet.It got bufed and fresh air procs it a lot more than all other builds.Its just almost as much sustain as before patch only that condies are insane and thats the only thing thats keeping it in line. I tell you right now if somehow the absurd burning goes back to before june levels ele will be far more op than it ever was

Ahh will try to run that, I wasnt really into might stacking with s/d will try though, thanks