Frontline Cleansing Water Debate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Its realy up to what your aim is as a frontline are you there for healing or are you there for being a frontline (dmg tankly cc). Aurashare is good for healing where Cleansing water is more gen.
You could for the non aurashare run Lucid Singularity and be comply unstoppable during an overload something other classes cant pull off as often as an tempest frontline build.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Its realy up to what your aim is as a frontline are you there for healing or are you there for being a frontline (dmg tankly cc). Aurashare is good for healing where Cleansing water is more gen.
You could for the non aurashare run Lucid Singularity and be comply unstoppable during an overload something other classes cant pull off as often as an tempest frontline build.

Thanks for the quick response.

Sorry to not state/clarify, our frontline Tempests main goal is to sustain pushes. Dealing any sort of damage is a non-factor for the functionality we’re looking for. Sustain and survive the pushes are the main purpose/objective.

Then i guess its a question of are condtions that much of a problem if so i say cleansing water but if they are not that much more of a problem then power dmg aoe auras (as in aoe auras heals all dmg not just condtions dmg where cleansing water is pure condtions.)

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

Cleansing water is better, hands down.

Reason: Current condi meta is making it very hard to be front line in WvW.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

(edited by Josh XT.6053)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

have all your frontline run durability runes, get a frontline mallyx/jalis rev and maybe a boonshare mesmer, you will have so much resistance that cleanses will be a non factor.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

have all your frontline run durability runes, get a frontline mallyx/jalis rev and maybe a boonshare mesmer, you will have so much resistance that cleanses will be a non factor.

Pretty much this. The current meta has most frontline running Durability rune. Pair it with a stupid amount of revenants and you can stack 40+ seconds of resistance. Cleansing water is only worth it for the staff 5 condi cleanse since it cleanses 2 condis a second instead of one.

Bad Elementalist