GW2 elementalist: a near extinct class

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

I’m sure that the devs are already aware of this situation…like the majority of the GW2 community, including the part that still lives in denial.

The number of eles I have met during the last 2 weeks can be counted on 2 hands, in tPvP I always meet the same 2 eles : @Avead and @Wurm Hole?!( can’t remember his name).

In Hot join I’m the only ele in like 90% of cases, the remaining 10% is when I see a r1 staff ele trying to kill people with fireball.

In WvWvW once you get past : the “sea” of guardians/warriors, the well spammers necros and the thief death squads roaming, you can start to see some staff healing bots for the guardian/warrior trains and the occasional die hard D/D ultra tank roamer…still not a single a scepter burst ele..the few eles left it seems are too busy tanking their way to survival against the thief death squads ( can’t really blame those eles )

Basically the ele is the least represented profession in all formats of the game whoa we even managed to take the first place from engineers .

The following scheme can be used to explain the reasons why the ele sit in such a bad spot:

-Warrior/Necro/Thief/Ranger/Guardian = low complexity, low personal effort , high reward

-Engineer/Mesmer = high complexity, medium personal effort , high reward

-Elementalist = high complexity , high personal effort , low reward

And this describe the current balance in GW2, dear devs do pls realize that 100% of eles have kept playing this broken class , no because of an unspoken complex of superiority ( I must play the hardest profession to feel PRO blah blah..) but because we simply love the concept of the elemental wizard…if it wasn’t for this reason alone..you wouldn’t even see the dozen of eles that currently still play.

(edited by Arheundel.6451)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Przemek.6835

Przemek.6835

I dont know about PVP because it is just so horrible like underwater combat so I avoid it like a plague.

In pve I tend to see eles quite often.

Why all eles are such drama queens?

in Elementalist

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

in terms of pve elementalists are pretty good. They have alot of burst dps and conjure weapons and might stacking. Although supposedly they slow dungeons down compared to taking another warrior or something. But in pug groups no one will notice because everyone will be doing worse damage…
i cant say for wvw or pvp..
however i disagree with your analysis of classes…but thats for another day.

Why all eles are such drama queens?

lol probably has something to do with their complex of superiority

in Elementalist

Posted by: saden.6942

saden.6942

I can really only speak for Guardians [though I’m not representing EVERY Guard…I just play one] and say that they have their use in PvP and they might even seem a bit OP’ed in PvP, but in every other facet of the game the Guardian is lacking in comparison with other classes. Ele’s even heal better than Guards and they don’t really have to “spec” for it…

Whenever I’m in WvW I see…well I will rank what classes I see:

1) Warrior
2) Thief
3) Engineer
4) Ranger, Guardian
5) Necromancer
6) Mesmer, Elementalist

That’s what I see. Granted, it doesn’t make much difference in a zerg I don’t think the game should be balanced around the numbers seen in PvP either. It’s pretty much the same in PvE also even though the demand for classes is quite different. Usually people want Warrs, Guards and Thieves for sustainability and high DPS…even though something like 2 Guards, 2 Warr’s and 1 Mesmer can definitely brutalize dungeons, fractals, etc.

I’ll admit (and I think I have) that Elementalists seem to be lacking in numbers and I usually only see them right before I jump them and ruin their AoE fun…

Edit: I did want to add that I always see a CRAP TON of Elementalists when I kill Tequatl, but that’s probably because the conjured weapons do more damage to Tequatl and they are useful.

And I also disagree with your class analysis. Everyone tends to think THEIR class is harder to play and needs some kind of buff. Granted, I’m sure they all need fixes and they all definitely need balancing (though I think Guardian is balanced as is <—-SEE!!?) there is also a complexity to each class that you may or may not see. In all honesty, I don’t think any of the classes are particularly complex and skill usage becomes second-nature when you play them enough. I don’t know what “personal effort” means, but leveling a Guardian itself seems like a lot of “personal effort” to me :o

(edited by saden.6942)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Przemek.6835

Przemek.6835

Whenever I’m in WvW I see…well I will rank what classes I see:

1) Warrior
2) Thief
3) Engineer
4) Ranger, Guardian
5) Necromancer
6) Mesmer, Elementalist

Oh, really? Glad to hear that. What world is that? Mesmer is so annoying to play against that he is one of the main reasons I stay away from pvp :|

From what I have seen it is

1) warrior guardian
2) ranger mesmer thief
3) necro ele
4) engineer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

Elementalist was my first 80 last year, and even when they were supposedly OP, I really didn’t enjoy the class. Primarily because it felt like I had to put way more effort in than players of other classes, in order to achieve a roughly even result.

I also didn’t like being limited to one weapon and being pigeon holed into 30 arcana for the attunement cooldown reduction and evasive arcana (it’s been a while, no longer know if it’s still the case).

After my initial disappointment, I took a break from the game, came back and now I main a thief and have a mesmer alt. You’re right on about the mesmer, but slightly off about the thief. There are a lot of inexperienced thieves out there, and the difference between those and experienced ones can be significant.

Anyway, I see guardians EVERYWHERE, moreso than warriors.

in Elementalist

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

After my initial disappointment, I took a break from the game, came back and now I main a thief and have a mesmer alt. You’re right on about the mesmer, but slightly off about the thief. There are a lot of inexperienced thieves out there, and the difference between those and experienced ones can be significant.

Anyway, I see guardians EVERYWHERE, moreso than warriors.

Thats why saying how many people you see in pvp is not an accurate representation of how many there are.

Also op was wrong about every single one of his class analysis.
Every class can be complex / high effort depending on the build. Thieves probably have it the hardest with dps builds because of how ridic squishy they are. Rangers are only easy if you go bearbow. If you use sword it is very hard to get used to it and get to a stage where you can fight bosses like lupi in melee. Guardian is supposed to be easy but with dps build you actually have to dodge and pick good utilities not just stand and autoheal with an ah build. Warriors are the least complex but that doesnt mean theres no effort. Ive had so many encounters on my warrior where i am the last one alive and have to take out the last 25% of a boss (bloomhunger i did yesterday from 30%). At times like that you see the difference between low effort warriors and high effort warriors (id like to say im one ). Every class is complex when it gets to the really good rewards.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

I’m not too sure. I sPvP quite everytime I log in, and I’m always seeing multiple ele’s in matchs.
But I really don’t see too many outside of that, to agree with you.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Ele’s even heal better than Guards and they don’t really have to “spec” for it…

I’m curious about that, could you please tell me more?

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

I agree ele’s are pretty much a dead class at this point, but supposedly the oct. 15th update is gonna buff them. (lol conjures)

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

in Elementalist

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

-Warrior/Necro/Thief/Ranger/Guardian = low complexity, low personal effort , high reward

Lol no. Its cool that you like Eles or whatever and think they are the most difficult thing to play and the rest is easy mode but that list is terrible.

Also https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-the-first-year/ look at the breakdown of professions.

If you go to dungeons you are bound to see a lot of eles too.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

Engineers are actually the least played profession. That is a known fact put forth by Arena Net themselves in their year-one development blog. And if you’re trying to get fixes or something, don’t hold your breath. Arena Net have also flat out said that they don’t care about the least played professions and races, and instead focus the vast majority of their time and energy on the most played stuff.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Drok Kindleshot.1496

Drok Kindleshot.1496

Welcome to the future…also now you know how Rangers feel

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I have faced killer elementalists 1v1 in wvw. I play a killer ranger. So I think you shpuld check your build and traits. Elementalist and ranger don’t have a lot of good builds and if you misbuild you’re strongly penalized. That is the root issue. Play a stronger build is my advice.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Oh Im sorry, did you just say you arent the top represented class in the game (next to warrior with 14% both) , where 3x% of the people participating in MLG (more than eles, which had literally ZERO representation) which is one third of the total amount of people, more than some other classes combined. I cant go into a dungeon run without having a ranger or two, hecvk , even my last TA run was 4 rangers and poor loner ele me.

Seriously, stop spreading those things about the ranger class, you have NOT been neglected, you have very OP speccs in PvP, people play them all the time. PLease stop putting us together, we are in a WAYYY worse state than a ranger could ever fear.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in Elementalist

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Elementalists (but not only them, mind you) need some love, which is true.

But yes, ele forum community is overexaggerating and dramaqueening a LOT the issues.

PvE: conjurers are probably highest DPS in game. It is boring? Yes. Is bad cause is a gimmick? Yes. But numbers don’t lie.

WvW: zerg – wise, Eles are required. Period. You can’t pretend to play a organized WvW team without staff Eles backline healing, buffing, comboing and CCing the world for your frontline.

Roaming and sPvP wise, the issue is simple: Ele has been balanced, in this year, taking as reference the top players. Now, Anet as usual overdid it. Which means that very good eles will have to work ten times harder than any other class, but somehow pull things off.
The rest of the population switch to other classes.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Elementalist

Fortus.6175

Elementalists (but not only them, mind you) need some love, which is true.

But yes, ele forum community is overexaggerating and dramaqueening a LOT the issues.

PvE: conjurers are probably highest DPS in game. It is boring? Yes. Is bad cause is a gimmick? Yes. But numbers don’t lie.

WvW: zerg – wise, Eles are required. Period. You can’t pretend to play a organized WvW team without staff Eles backline healing, buffing, comboing and CCing the world for your frontline.

Roaming and sPvP wise, the issue is simple: Ele has been balanced, in this year, taking as reference the top players. Now, Anet as usual overdid it. Which means that very good eles will have to work ten times harder than any other class, but somehow pull things off.
The rest of the population switch to other classes.

No one is overreacting, if your class were to be neglected for over a year (yes, D/D was strong, but mind you that most people played it out of necessity, many of us have been asking for staff to be balanced from day 1), after countless of “civilized” threads, of countless feedback, of countless of references from “pros” and still being ignored, you would also get very angry. So yes, we are in all our rights to demand these things after more than 1 year of gameplay and seeing every class get buffs and getting stuff working out for them.

Conjures are a gimmick, simple as that. They drop after one minute, they have charges, they drop when you go down, they drop when you use mist, you switch to weapon skills and drops, people pick them up in fights most of the time, fights usually move away from the weapon, rendering it useless since you cant use it. They lock you out of other skills, once you try to use one of your true weapons skills, you lose the conjures. They are fun things to use in open world, questionable in dungeons since they need the enemy to be agaisnt the wall and you have to be melee, which for an ele without access to any defense skill, any weapon skill, no utilities (since conjures take that space) no armor, lowest hp in the game, one wrong move or the boss decides to hug you and you will die, or go down, either way become a drag to your team and lose the weapon nonetheless, with a 1 minute CD utility which you cant use.

We want viable weapons, specially staff, not too much to ask give how 7 other classes have most of their weapons functional. We only have 3 weapons single handed, only 1 two-handed, and yet only ONE weapon on “acceptable” state.

Legendary SoloQ

in Elementalist

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I’m sure that the devs are already aware of this situation…like the majority of the GW2 community, including the part that still lives in denial.

This completely killed your argument. Correct me if I’m wrong by all means, but to me it basically comes down to: Everyone with a different opinion is wrong

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Elementalist

Arkham Creed.7358

So yes, we are in all our rights to demand these things after more than 1 year of gameplay and seeing every class get buffs and getting stuff working out for them.

As an engineer player I have to say stop complaining. Oh boo hoo; you have it about half as bad as we do, and not even for as long. Cry me a river and get in line.

in Elementalist

Mathias.9657

As a thief I kind of feel like I’m in the old ele spot right now – S/D our only viable pvp build but if it gets nerfed we’ll be in the same boat as ele’s. Mediocre to bad in all weapon sets.

S/D right now isn’t too much different than the old D/D OP ele, yes they were OP but that was the only build viable. ANet didn’t replace it with anything and other classes got brought up in buffs meaning ele is left sitting on the side lines not even worthy of entering a tourney.

Tell me how a class that has the same HP as thief but 1/4 the evades and no stealth, long kitten cooldown on cantrips can survive more than 2 seconds being focused or should I say coughed on.

in Elementalist

Fortus.6175

So yes, we are in all our rights to demand these things after more than 1 year of gameplay and seeing every class get buffs and getting stuff working out for them.

As an engineer player I have to say stop complaining. Oh boo hoo; you have it about half as bad as we do, and not even for as long. Cry me a river and get in line.

lets see;

bunker engi, condi engi, tool engi, burst engi (granted, not as effective), ca stack 25 mights on its own quickly, can stack vulnerability quite good for himself too.

Do you seriously, seriously believe your class is that bad or are you that bad that cant play any of that well?

Legendary SoloQ

in Elementalist

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Well Staff is the best way to go in WvW, don’t know about yout server, but in mine there are always a fair few eles in the zerg

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vaugh.7193

Vaugh.7193

Played elem with staff for a year. I recently switched to S/D instead and I killed my first player in 1 vs 1 with just a few hours of getting to know the build and skills. Now u got to have skills to beat me 1 vs 1. Never thought pvp and wvw could be so fun ^^

And this video showed me some hints about elem I havnt even thought of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRo6W22FfTI

Elementalist is a really fun class to play! Love it!

Guild leader of As Stars We Belong [STAR]
WvW Commander of Blacktide.
@RaugoolGW2 on Twitter

in Elementalist

lets see;

bunker engi, condi engi, tool engi, burst engi (granted, not as effective), ca stack 25 mights on its own quickly, can stack vulnerability quite good for himself too.

Do you seriously, seriously believe your class is that bad or are you that bad that cant play any of that well?

Do you guys seriously argue over who has it worse? :P

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Elementalist

Mathias.9657

Played elem with staff for a year. I recently switched to S/D instead and I killed my first player in 1 vs 1 with just a few hours of getting to know the build and skills. Now u got to have skills to beat me 1 vs 1. Never thought pvp and wvw could be so fun ^^

And this video showed me some hints about elem I havnt even thought of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRo6W22FfTI

Elementalist is a really fun class to play! Love it!

S/D the only viable ele right now – and if your burst fails you are screwed.

in Elementalist

Chopps.5047

In what game mode mathias?

in Elementalist

Mathias.9657

In what game mode mathias?

Pvp sorry

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Firstly, the premise of this post.
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/guild-wars-2-gender-profession-race-and-craft-statistics-released-15061
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/POLL-Race-Gender-Profession-demographics/first
Every single poll done by the community and Anet themselves proves you wrong.

Once again to me it feels as if you have never even played other classes. In my opinion:

Easy: Guardian, Warrior, Thief (depends on the build though), Necro
Medium: Elementalist, Engineer, Ranger
Hard: mesmer

why do I say this? Broken down by class:
Warrior – high DPS no matter how you spec, can be awesome at building tanky, easy to play and to get the hang off
Guardian – easy to build tanky, hard to die on, harder to do proper DPS on, however very easy to play on. Brings reflection to the party.
Thief – if one plays certain builds. For example Backstab build is easy, because you’ll depend on stealth and kill anyone before they can kill you. Pistol thief would probably be at medium difficulty, you need to keep your distance, learn how to spec your character to do decent damage and because you have no aoe you can focus on single target only. Same goes for condition thief – you need to be up close and you won’t one hit kill, plus you always have the chance of people giving your conditions back to you. Brings invisibility to the party.
Necro – easy to play, hard to play good. On a necro very few builds will work with pure damage and chances are you’ll need to build a hybrid. Other than damaging necros you can do a proper well build. Easy to play, but hard to make a useful one.
Elementalist – high mobility, can deal high damage, can bring in healing to the party if needed, brings conjured weapons, which are very desirable. Will have far less trouble getting into parties than let’s say rangers, engineers, thieves and necros. Will not die after making a single mistake, due to being able to mist form out of AoEs and into keeps when downed. Can bring wells to the party.
Engineer – high build diversity, however does not have anything special with them that would support the group. They can give buffs, but will heavily depend on RNG, they have an interesting turret and tool kit mechanic and are fun to play, however far harder to spec right.
Ranger – easy to play wrong, hard to play right. Rangers will always suffer for not being able to stove pets, will do less damage than pretty much all the classes unless built right, depend on burst damage, instead of sustain, doesn’t bring buffs into a party, but brings a broken pet AI that will most likely pull and hold attention of the boss at worst moments possible.
Mesmer – while really sought after for their feedback bubble, timewarp and portals they have zero mobility skills and are hard to spec for damage, most of your attacks in most builds will require you to do a lot of setting up. They have a unique mechanic of clones, however at a lot of times clones will hold aggro of the mob when they really shouldn’t.

This comes from a person that owns all the classes, but mains an elementalist.

(edited by Mirta.5029)

in Elementalist

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

No they don’t…. If you play a ranger perfectly, chaining combos etc … you’re still about 2k DPS below a warrior’s standard attack chain.

If you play an Ele perfectly, your team sets new Speed Clears in dungeons and easily solo 2 people at once in WvW. (usually rangers)

in Elementalist

Mathias.9657

Ranger has amazing survival though if played right, definitely last longer than any warrior if you ask me.

in Elementalist

Arkham Creed.7358

lets see;

Indeed, let’s see….

Do you have a skill set that just flat out won’t attack world bosses? No.

Do you have a skill set that blocks access to your profession mechanic? No.

Do you have a skill set so heavily dependent on randomness that it is too unreliable to use unless heavily traited for secondary features and used almost exclusively for those? No.

Do you have so few weapon set options that they can be counted on one hand and have fingers to spare? No.

Do you have not one, not two, but three underpowered and useless elite skills? No.

Are you denied weapon swapping because of an optional skill type that you only might take? No.

Is your profession so poorly balanced that every single one of your direct damage builds is designed to exploit one of two low level traits? No.

Do you have CC abilities that are jokes that knock down or stun yourself as well? No.

Does your summoned allies have so poor health and armor that they always die within ten seconds? No.

Do you have defense traits obviously designed for a profession of a different armor class? No.

Did you have multiple skills taken from you and given to the mesmer, just because? No.

Do you have a skill type with over twenty confirmed bugs? No.

Have you suffered for nearly a year with a confirmed broken and bugged trait that Arena Net flat out refused to fix because their data was wrong and said it worked? No.

(edited by Arkham Creed.7358)

in Elementalist

Chopps.5047

Ranger has amazing survival though if played right, definitely last longer than any warrior if you ask me.

You are correct about that. One issue with ranger is many players won’t take advantage of those strengths and instead end up going down like ambient creatures.

in Elementalist

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Oh Im sorry, did you just say you arent the top represented class in the game (next to warrior with 14% both) , where 3x% of the people participating in MLG (more than eles, which had literally ZERO representation) which is one third of the total amount of people, more than some other classes combined. I cant go into a dungeon run without having a ranger or two, hecvk , even my last TA run was 4 rangers and poor loner ele me.

Seriously, stop spreading those things about the ranger class, you have NOT been neglected, you have very OP speccs in PvP, people play them all the time. PLease stop putting us together, we are in a WAYYY worse state than a ranger could ever fear.

You could not be more wrong if you tried. The state of rangers is terrible. Eles arent exactly in a great spot but they are not in a worse state then rangers. You are letting your emotions getting in the way of facts.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Elementalist

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Elementalists, like “mage” classes in a lot of other games, just like to whine. I have an elementalist and other than being a tad squishy compared with my other classes, she is perfectly fine.

The main issue I think is people think of this type of class as “glass cannon, fireball one-shot up your kitten ” kind of class…and the GW2 elementalist is NOT that type of caster. They have some burst dmg, they have some sustained dmg, they have decent mobility, AND they have really good healing. It is a good all around class with some weaknesses (like ALL classes in this game) – just because they dont have a one-button “I win” people cry. Those people need to get over themselves and learn to play or go play a stealth/backstab thief if they want easy kills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

It’s been one week i’ve been playing with conjures and utilities that are not even traited (so i’m very far from having an optimized build). And I must say, as a situational weapon it does fill some gaps and weaknesses in my build, in both pve/pvp. I’m starting to like them, and maybe more after the patch.

The hardest thing about being en ele is to be the number one target (few people actually give a think when they see one, they just rush on him – looking at you thieves-), cause sadly, we get down pretty fast, and can’t survive long enough against 3 people. And they know that. And when we survive – and in best case scenario we win- people tend to think the class is OP. It is not. We’re just being underestimated, and everybody here knows why.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: MasterMc.7543

MasterMc.7543

Firstly, the premise of this post.
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/guild-wars-2-gender-profession-race-and-craft-statistics-released-15061
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/POLL-Race-Gender-Profession-demographics/first
Every single poll done by the community and Anet themselves proves you wrong.

I just have to point this out the poll you linked is over 7 months old, doesn’t show current stats, and it also was a poll on what char each person has not their number one played one.

Second the info released by anet also ONLY shows number of each prof. created. it DOESN’T show the one played the most. and chances of them releasing that are very slim.

in Elementalist

Engineers are actually the least played profession.

Correct, together with mesmers only 10%(which surprised me greatly).

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Elementalist

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

That official anet statistic show how many profession was created, not how many are being actively played. Arheundel was definitely right, you live in denial.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hekmatyar.8725

Hekmatyar.8725

Funny how many people are answering the OP and telling him how wrong he is based on their experiences on both PvE and ZvZ while he’s talking exclusively about tPvP.

But game on, my friends.

Nellmar/Arezzem

in Elementalist

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

I made a post a while back that I was one of the last staff ele’s. Well, even I have crumbled and rerolled warrior.

200 WvW levels, gone. Ascended staff, no longer usable. Commander tag, gone.

I gave it all up, rerolled, got my warrior to 80 and started over. Despite all that, I have more fun and am more useful than I ever was as an ele. I can do dungeons without instantly dieing, I press buttons and see damage of 5000 plus as standard and not the rare exception. My hit points doubled.

We are now at the point where even the die hards like myself, who played staff ele from day one, or ele of any spec, are giving up. The crisis point for me was when I heard of the aoe change where blocks and misses are counted towards the already pathetic 5 target limit.

I was one of the last and now we are turning out the lights and closing the door. The end has come.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Watches old videos. Elementalist looks fun. Makes one. “Why is elementalist so hard to level?” “I bet it really shine at level 80.” Oh wait, its worse end game.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

That official anet statistic show how many profession was created, not how many are being actively played. Arheundel was definitely right, you live in denial.

Nope, you just don’t know what you are talking about. Maybe if I was a PvP player, but I’m not because PvP is boring. And the OP was mainly talking about WvW, which is officialy part of PvE (I don’t agree with that, but that’s how it is)

~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

I actually see A LOT of eles. Then again, I play a lot of pve. They are in every dungeon I play outside of CoF. They are always running away from my necro in WvW. I even see a crazy amount of lightning hammer eles running around because it’s suppose to be one of the great dps builds.

I will admit that there are alot less of them than there were before. But that’s mostly because eles used to dominate everywhere in the game. People are realizing that they can get the job done with other classes with lower risk ((Gaurdian and Warrior)) and have more fun doing it too. This shouldn’t concern you though. It means that Anet will take notice and start give you buffs so you can do more things.

I mean it could be worse. You could be an engineer. Finding those guys is like stumbling across a gold mine. Of all the classes I have fully geared to 80 the engi was by far the most annoying >.<

in Elementalist

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Funny how many people are answering the OP and telling him how wrong he is based on their experiences on both PvE and ZvZ while he’s talking exclusively about tPvP.

But game on, my friends.

Really? he spent more time talking about WvW than tPvP is his post – WvW is PvPvE, so…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Illusion.1807

Illusion.1807

This thread is about eles’ current status in competitive pvp, so please don’t post polls that are 1 years old and not specific to competitive pvp. For PvE eles or ZvZ staff eles who spam meteor or heal behind wall of tanks, please don’t suggest eles in fine in competitive pvp plays based only on your pve experience, which is very different from competitive pvp. No eles participated in MLG, and there is a good reason for it. If you truly love eles, you will see this as a great shame. So, please don’t make things worse by making suggestions on something you are not familiar with. Thanks.

By the way, WvW is players fight against players, instead of players fight against ai. So, please don’t play the trick on the PvE definition. The main point is that it can be a form of competitive play.

(edited by Illusion.1807)

in Elementalist

By the way, WvW is players fight against players, instead of players fight against ai. So, please don’t play the trick on the PvE definition. The main point is that it can be a form of competitive play.

While I agree with you, Anet regards it as part of PvE (for reasons beyond me). So officialy, it is pve. But I agree that’s nonsense, wvw = pvp plain and simple.

Oh and one more thing, this graphic is only one and a half months old, not a year.

Attachments:

~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Illusion.1807

Illusion.1807

While I agree with you, Anet regards it as part of PvE (for reasons beyond me). So officialy, it is pve. But I agree that’s nonsense, wvw = pvp plain and simple.

Oh and one more thing, this graphic is only one and a half months old, not a year.

The “1 year old” referred to another poll posted before. Your graph is recent, but if I understand it correctly, it summarizes past 1 year’s stats, and is not specific to competitive play.

My point is that if we all like the eles class, we would hope it do well in competitive plays, even if not all of us will play it competitively. I just hope PvE players can understand that PvP players face different situations, and they currently have some very solid reasons to ask for balance. For example, the complete lack of eles in MLG is a fact, and it is not whining in theories.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hekmatyar.8725

Hekmatyar.8725

But game on, my friends.

Really? he spent more time talking about WvW than tPvP is his post – WvW is PvPvE, so…

Uh, I missed that part. Still doesn’t change the fact that people are just either answering about PvE stuff (wut) or about what happens or what does not happen in a zerg.

Pretty unrelated if you ask me.

Nellmar/Arezzem

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

there’s been a fair bit of talking past each other here
so

Everyone complaining about Elementalist is talking about PvP

Yes, Ele is fine and not underrepresented in PvE

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sharpe.1485

Sharpe.1485

there’s been a fair bit of talking past each other here
so

Everyone complaining about Elementalist is talking about PvP

Yes, Ele is fine and not underrepresented in PvE

Isn’t every class “fine” in PvE though? I mean, some classes are obviously faster farmers than others, or more resilient, but you can take any class in the game without any traits and white gear and still kill the hardest mobs and complete dungeons.
Balance (which is by definition between classes) is much more easily observed in an environment where the different classes actually (yep, you got it) fight between eachother.

There were zero eles at PAX – zero eles at MLG, in tpvp you barely see any eles. That speaks for itself.