Gear Questions for Solo PvE and HoT Story

in Elementalist

Posted by: TeeZee.1862

TeeZee.1862

Hello Elementalists…

I am back to play the game after 2-year break and want to get back to the game and try HoT. I haven’t bought it yet!

My gear:

• Ascended soldier armor set
  • 2 ascended berserker daggers, and an ascended berserker staff
  • Ruby trinkets
  • No back piece, will be buying one soon

Metabattle.com does not have information that helps me at this time. So, I would like to know, from your experience, the following:

• Does my gear (above) have sufficient offensive and defensive stats to solo HoT content without dying during the story missions?
  • Which weapon set has a balanced damage/survivability potential to solo PvE quests and story missions without dying every other fight or two?

My motivation of hearing your thoughts is to explore my options whether I should switch some defensive gear with offensive one, or switch power to condi, etc…
I am not looking to deal burst damage; at the same time, I am also not looking to take forever in killing mobs and veterans.

I understand that the player’s skill is a factor in damage/survival… I consider my skill to be average player who understands the class and field/finisher combo.

In advance, I appreciate your input.

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

That gear looks like it will meet your needs. Plenty of damage, and a solid chunk of defense. No changes needed.

Since you already have ascended, I would recommend eventually rolling some of it over to Marauder, which is a little more efficient at getting damage+defense than Berserker+Soldier. Also ascended trinkets are relatively easy to come by if you have laurels or do guild missions or fractals. But these are minor optimization tweaks.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eros.6801

Eros.6801

Your gear is completely fine but you should make full exotic marauder armor and weapons and see how thing goes, trinkets can be found in achievement or some shop around new maps.

If you only do solo then Marauder will server you better than Zerker, my ele have around 16.5k HP with full marauder set ( extra HP help alot ) but still provide alot of damg cause high precision. Beside Marauder are much cheaper to craft.

(edited by Eros.6801)

in Elementalist

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Your gear is completely fine but you should make full exotic marauder armor and weapons and see how thing goes, trinkets can be found in achievement or some shop around new maps.

If you only do solo then Marauder will server you better than Zerker, my ele have around 16.5k HP with full marauder set ( extra HP help alot ) but still provide alot of damg cause high precision. Beside Marauder are much cheaper to craft.

Change the stats to marauder in the mystic forge sounds cheaper IMO and has higher stats.
I am running full celestial auramancer, if you want ti go support thats a way to go.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Elementalist

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

How do you change the equipment stats in the mystic forge? I looked it up in the GW2 wiki and I saw nothing about changing equipment stats, only tier levels.

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

look up anthology of heroes

in Elementalist

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

Ok, I just did. Unfortunately, it only works for ascended stuff, not on exotic equipment. Which means its no good for me. Too bad!