Gear for d/d roaming other than cele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Prevas.9305

Prevas.9305

Assuming one cant get celestial gear but still wants to roam with d/d, what mix of items would you suggest for d/d roaming ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

I think mix of valk and zerk could be solid substitute for cele, or soldier and zerk or all of them

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Just start coming up with stat combinations in GW2skills.net and see what works. There’s lots of combinations of gear that ultimately lead to the same stats. A lot of those stats depend on what you’re doing spec wise. Sometimes you can tweak things to reduce a stat here or a stat there and increase another stat elsewhere until you find a stat mix you want and then go out and make it.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lawful.5314

Lawful.5314

You can try mostly Zerker with a bit of soldier or other vitality/toughness gear , you’ll be doing some hefty burst, but survivability wise it’ll be a nightmare against good players.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

My usual setup’s mixed Zerk/Valk/Cav, using the Valk and Cav for extra survivability. (Although, I do flip a set of Cele trinkets between my alts for additional options.)

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: mist.9807

mist.9807

Uh. I use a mix. Armor is valk, weapons zerk, but trinkets are knights / clerics/ and zerk + valk amulet. I find that it works fairly well, though when I die I’m pretty sure its a a L2P matter, not a build one lol.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Knight, Cavalier and Cleric. You want power always, and moderate healing, toughness and critical chance/dmg.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Celestial outside of PvP? Does it no longer suck or something?

in Elementalist

Posted by: makku.2508

makku.2508

You can run almost anything on D/D, it’s pretty much entirely up to what you feel comfortable with.

For starters, I’d even say go for full Soldier’s maybe for getting started with the playstyle (a tanky D/D is way less fun but much for forgiving).

After that, you’ll probably start aiming for certain stat thresholds you wanna reach, like 1800-1900 power, 30% crit chance, 2500 armor, 180% crit dmg, 17k HP etc., in which case combinations of valk, knight, cavalier & soldier, maybe some cele trinkets (they’re purchasable with laurels + badges, no need to craft or grind PvE) and meta runes (strength/hoelbrak/pack) usually do a good job.

As time moves on you might occasionally feel the urge to change things up a little, and that usually involves sacrificing some tankiness for higher dmg as you get more confortable with the class.

Then you either settle with that, or you’re like me and at some point in time get fed up with all that meta & might stacking BS and end up trying your blobstaffbuild armor + trinkets just for the lolz, realising how much more satisfying that is and never going back. That’s why I now run knight daggers, soldier armor & zerker trinkets with ogre runes and air+fire sigils, which originally was my low-budget staff build (‘cept for air sigil which is an energy sigil on staff) and then became my go-to build for D/D roaming (0/2/2/4/6 traits setup). HP and toughness are a little low (15345/2350) but with enough experience one can handle that, and that 2124 raw power rating (unbuffed) is just glorious. I sacrified pretty much all condi cleanse from the water line (only relying on cleansing fire + water 5 and evasive arcana) so I usually don’t engage on anything that tends to pile up conditions on me if I don’t have to (if you have to, the simple strat is to just kill them before they kill you, huehue), but it (solo-)clears camps in a matter of seconds and I literally cannot remember the last time I lost to a thief, warrior or ranger (which are about the ones that can keep up with or surpass you in terms of mobility).

There is only one god, and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death: ‘Not today’.

in Elementalist

Posted by: tboneking.2531

tboneking.2531

My first build 2 years ago was a carrion signet d/d build. Probably wouldnt recommend it now but it was hilarious and worked really well at the time haha