Gearing D/D Elementalist

Gearing D/D Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfaen.9461

Wolfaen.9461

Hello,

I am currently leveling a D/D Elementalist and wanted to find out your opinions on armor stats/sets that are good for a 0/10/0/30/30 build. Once I hit 80 I will almost exclusively run WvW and some sPvP(Basically very PvP focused). This will be my first 80 so I don’t have access to a very large amount of gold, but wanted to see if yall had suggestions on armor sets that I should try to pick up as my initial 80 set. Then some suggestions on higher tier sets.

I am a relatively inexperienced/new player so I may not be familiar with all the abbreviations that yall will be throwing out so try to be as specific as possible! Correct me if I am wrong but I think the most important stats for a D/D Elementalist are as follows: Power, Crit Dmg, Toughness > Precision, Healing Power > Condition Damage. This is basically where I stand on my knowledge of armor stats. Until now, I have just been trying to make sure my armor is up to date with my level and not really worrying too much about the stats.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

[Wolf] Wolfaen
Elementalist | Ranger | JQ

Gearing D/D Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ozymandias.5704

Ozymandias.5704

I use knights armor and weapons, with celestial trinkets (or knights exotics with beryl gems). Works well for mo 0/10/0/30/30 build.

Precision is really nice to actually land the crits

It steam engines when it comes steam engine time.
- Charles Fort

Gearing D/D Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shinoobi.1259

Shinoobi.1259

I’ve been playing with a different set up recently. I would not advise this in sPvP where you definately need some precision gear/ sigil of energy/ maybe Arcane Blast to keep vigor up, but I’ve geared completely for Power → Condition Damage → Vitality. A lot of D/D elementalist seem to rely on their Fire Grab burst combo, but it is really unreliable in WvW with it’s short range and insanely high cooldown. The amount of condition damage you can pump out with Dragon’s breath and the typical churning earth/ teleport trick is pretty high. I use sigil of battle for might stacking and a +%5 damage. With the might stacking, your conditions slowly get more and more powerful the longer the fight goes on, so I just geared for “I know these skills are going to hit, so why not make them do the most damage I can?” It’s working nicely so far, but you’ll not see any amazing Fire Grab burst unless you use arcane power for some kind of instant gib(but if you did that, you’d be better off wearing beserker gear).

So Butter So Fly – Mesmer
Bossy B – Elementalist
Pocket Rot- Necro

Gearing D/D Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

I use:
soldiers
rampagers
zerker
knights
clerics
apothecary’s

and I match whatever looks best. Doesn’t really matter what set-up I use half of the time though I prefer the direct damage approach and the healing power+toughness.
So no condition damage or vitality if possible. The rest is all up to you.

Gearing D/D Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zsymon.8457

Zsymon.8457

I’ve been playing with a different set up recently. I would not advise this in sPvP where you definately need some precision gear/ sigil of energy/ maybe Arcane Blast to keep vigor up, but I’ve geared completely for Power -> Condition Damage -> Vitality. A lot of D/D elementalist seem to rely on their Fire Grab burst combo, but it is really unreliable in WvW with it’s short range and insanely high cooldown. The amount of condition damage you can pump out with Dragon’s breath and the typical churning earth/ teleport trick is pretty high. I use sigil of battle for might stacking and a +%5 damage. With the might stacking, your conditions slowly get more and more powerful the longer the fight goes on, so I just geared for “I know these skills are going to hit, so why not make them do the most damage I can?” It’s working nicely so far, but you’ll not see any amazing Fire Grab burst unless you use arcane power for some kind of instant gib(but if you did that, you’d be better off wearing beserker gear).

A solution to give you some added damage from precision, would be to use Carrion
weapons and armor, and Rampager jewls. If you like burning damage, then you also like
signet of fire, which increases your critical chance to something like 39%. You don’t got
any added critical damage, but a normal critical hit is still +50% damage.

If you have a lot of power, then even normal critical hits come down quite hard.

I am not sure of carrion jewels exist anyway.

With the right set up you can have several skills that ad 9000 burning damage. If
your opponent doesn’t cleanse the fire, then he will die. It may not be worth much
in spvp where people have condition removal, but in wvw it should be nice, and in
world pve it should be nice for leveling and farming too. You just apply the massive
burns while you avoid the enemy.

(edited by Zsymon.8457)

Gearing D/D Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: void.6705

void.6705

I run a combo of valk and zerker armor with ranger runes + 1 other precision rune