Gearing D/D for WvW

Gearing D/D for WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfaen.9461

Wolfaen.9461

I am currently working on gearing my D/D Elementalist with PVT armor for Guild Groups in WvW, but was curious about buying another set for solo/smaller battles. Daephonix suggest full knights armor in his guide with knights daggers and knights trinkets(with valkyrie jewels). Is this still viable or do people prefer PVT over everything these days in WvW? What are your thoughts?

[Wolf] Wolfaen
Elementalist | Ranger | JQ

Gearing D/D for WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hakkou.1526

Hakkou.1526

For a second set knights is a good choice, especially if you plan on doing havoc or roaming. Ofcourse you’ll have less survivability and I’d recommand sticking to PVT for Zerg fights, but Knight will help you clear camps faster when roaming alone or with guildies

[IRON] elementalist

Gearing D/D for WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

PVT is a good start. But you should, after 6 months be running a mix of knight and berserk

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Gearing D/D for WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thyophelis.8035

Thyophelis.8035

I play a pretty tanky Ele and I wouldn t advise on using PVT. I myself got 2 pieces gloves and boots and I m planning on replacing them by probably Knight. All Stats Jewelery is an absolute must have imo. On Armor I use a mix of Knight, cleric and PVT. I ve tried some pieces of berserker, but if you re often facing odds against you the results just aint as good.

Healing power is very important, should be somewhere between 500 – 800 depending on the heal you use. If you use signet of restoration it should be closer to 800 if you use ether renewal it can be around 600. Might stacking and Signet of Bloodlust is a must, to offset the low dmg you have. Also use offensiv bufffood, I use lvl 65 Power, prec for 7 coppers :-)

My stats with no bufffood are:
Power 1591( very low, but bufffood and bloodlust does the world for me)
Preci 1354… 25% crit chance
Toughness 1569
vit 1579
cond dmg 216
boon duration 70%
crit dmg 39%
Healing power 766

This alows you to solo roam comfortably and engage in fights against 2-3 players. Yes a bunker Guard or ranger might get away, but even with some berserker gear and 15 points in air you wont get them down in any decent ammount of time.

Thiefs are no problem with this equip and will run in frustration or die if you land churning earth.

I run from solo till grps of 5 people, we engage grps double the size of ours every day and you re a great addition to any team if you use your heals close to an ally in distress, a thing that needs to be coordinated and trained. best thing is to run with a thief or mesmer who provide the nessesary spike while you tank and keep the berserkers in your team alive.

If you can afford it, swap the 2 major runes of water (10% boon duration) for 2x divinity runes

Aurona- fugly white bark sylvarie ele
MS-Mondsucht, pure small scale forever !
Kodash-we thrife on outmanned

(edited by Thyophelis.8035)

Gearing D/D for WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

For D/D in zerg vs Zerg or group vs group you’ll need tons of armor over 2600 at least to survive and help your teammates enough, just pray you don’t run against a burst build Ele that focus fire on you because anything lower than 2600 armor will make your ele look very glassy still against it. I would recommend you to have a mix of knight and soldier gears for you to be tanky against raw and condition damage.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

Gearing D/D for WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

I use:
knights
zerk
cleric
soldiers
sentinel (sometimes when I feel like I need more hp because of lack of coffee/awareness)

Gearing D/D for WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: Naii.9810

Naii.9810

How important is precision if you don’t have a lot of crit dmg? Kind of stuck between knights and soldiers stats.

Gearing D/D for WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: Frostedblaze.9017

Frostedblaze.9017

How important is precision if you don’t have a lot of crit dmg? Kind of stuck between knights and soldiers stats.

Precision is less popular in D/D builds because of our near-constant fury uptime.

Aiden Frost
Check out my S/D Ele tPvP guide: http://intothemists.com/guides/202-aiden_frosts_sd_sustain_burst

Gearing D/D for WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jesse.1592

Jesse.1592

is 800 healing power really that needed? I have a mix on cleric and knight accessory and cleric amulet all with valk jewel and am only at 544 healing power.

Hopefully didn’t just blow my money cause just bought my exotics and hate being ganged by kitten thieves.

current spec full knights amor with 2x superior water rune and 2 time major water rune and still trying to the monks.

all accessories with valks jewels sitting at 15,776 health
544 healing power
one rine of cleric one knight and same for earings and then cleric amulet.

I did OK in WVW before with all green knights accessories just cant kill thieves so really hoping this will help.

Gearing D/D for WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thyophelis.8035

Thyophelis.8035

is 800 healing power really that needed? I have a mix on cleric and knight accessory and cleric amulet all with valk jewel and am only at 544 healing power.

Hopefully didn’t just blow my money cause just bought my exotics and hate being ganged by kitten thieves.

current spec full knights amor with 2x superior water rune and 2 time major water rune and still trying to the monks.

all accessories with valks jewels sitting at 15,776 health
544 healing power
one rine of cleric one knight and same for earings and then cleric amulet.

I did OK in WVW before with all green knights accessories just cant kill thieves so really hoping this will help.

You don t need 800 healing power. So much healing power really shines only with Signet of Restoration. You seem to not have ascended Jewelery atm, so when you start aquiering “all stats” ascended gear your Healing power will get a good boost anyway.

In a 1vs1 800 healing power is overkill and you probably would be better off with more dmg. but when you re beeing focused by 2-5 Player it can make the difference. also remember, that not only you but your teammates will benefit from so much healing power. I also often charge in the backline of our enemys to pressure them and I will be their main Target, this gives my offensiv geared teammates the time to burst our focus targets.
To show you some numbers with 766 Healing power.
My regeneration ticks with 240 HP/ sec, soothing mist 125hp, and every spell i cast another 295 from signet of restoration. swaping into water atunement 2198 HP.
This accumulates to around 8800 HP in 10 sec without using a heal skill and you share 5700 healing with everybody close to you. Add another 2100 hp from a dodge roll in water and 2200 hp from water 5 (use it wisely) every 40 sec.

This might not seem much higher numbers then what you re seeing but it all accumulates. Elementalists are by far the best healers in game and you should take full advantage of it.

But like I said, it is a tanky build and there s plenty of room for more offensiv variations.

Aurona- fugly white bark sylvarie ele
MS-Mondsucht, pure small scale forever !
Kodash-we thrife on outmanned

(edited by Thyophelis.8035)

Gearing D/D for WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Ether scales well with healing power signet not so much. Evasive arcana heal and water 5 scale 1:1 if I remember right. I run 543 but I use ether.

If you are going more damage I would suggest going with scepter if you want to be bursty. Scepter is fun alot of fun its a bit different style though since you spend more time in earth and air for damage.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Gearing D/D for WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: woutterr.5974

woutterr.5974

I use sigils to try to make up with all the PVT and healing power I’ve invested in.

So I am in full tank mode PVT and a lot of healing power.

Sigil of bloodlust for the 25 stacks of extra power. Sigil of battle for at least 12 stacks of might up all the time.

I am a commander on WvW, so my main focus is staying alive, because of my sigils I can still do a decent amount of damage though. When I need to go even tankier (for example when fighting at SM lords) I use a dagger with Sigil of Energy instead of Battle, for an extra dodge every 9 seconds.

Eras
Midnight Mayhem
Elementalist on Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by woutterr.5974)