Getting 16 stacks of might before your PvP game even starts (video)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hugabull.4291

Hugabull.4291

When I play my Ele I always do a trick to get 16 stacks of might before the game starts
I get alot of whispers with the question: How did you do that?
So I thought I’d make a video about it, hope it helps

in Elementalist

Posted by: Spoon.3826

Spoon.3826

Arighty cool.
Now how much duration do these 16 stacks of might have left when you actually get to the enemy?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Creslin.1758

Creslin.1758

Yeah the real trick to ele might stacking is to be able to do it while you are fighting.

Can be hard since the enemy is always moving around and you may not have the opportunity to evade into your field without letting him out of range.

Magaera Enflanza (F Human D/D Ele)
[Envy], [Moon]

in Elementalist

Posted by: LaronX.8079

LaronX.8079

You should also say that is AoE so you mates get it aswell. Also you can go 30 points in Arcen and mack you dodge a Blast finisher making it pretty easy to get stacks in fight.

Blub.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

Not worth it imo.

You’re wasting half your cooldowns for 8ish usable stacks of might, the other 8 will go off before you start chaining your skills (whatever was left unused).

Wasting Earthquake is kind of a big deal.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

although still an issue with wasting a slot timer, i have used lightning hammer to set an air field and do all that to get 1minute+ worth of swiftness.
Although i did not get 16 stacks of might… i think i neglected phoenix
now with dagger/dagger its harder to get that much.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hugabull.4291

Hugabull.4291

The Phoenix and the Dragon’s tooth don’t have to land in the actual ring of fire, you just need to stand in the ring to get the bonuses.

With the right specc the might duration is long enough to have effect, but yes, the earthquake CD is a downpoint.

Not everyone plays scepter dagger, you can equip the scepter/dagger for the stacks and then switch to your usual weapon afterwards

(edited by Hugabull.4291)

in Elementalist

Posted by: BishopX.6453

BishopX.6453

wait.. people werent already doing this? my phoenix and dragon tooth are 90% used for granting stacks of might, and my earthquake is as well. i do not run arcane WAVE though.

wait.. people werent already doing this? my phoenix and dragon tooth are 90% used for granting stacks of might, and my earthquake is as well. i do not run arcane WAVE though.to me this is the only way we can kill people. walk around 100% defensive, and stance swap and combo til we have 15 stacks of might and can actually deal damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

I did it more in combat. I dont know that i used phoenix in spawn…. been a while.
when i was running scepter dagger in my more noob than now days i would just concentrate on providing might to my team in combat.
at one point we had 20 stacks of might which got some attention from the team. PUG…

i am assume the arcane wave off of arcane armor is also a blast finisher.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

2 x ekitten th with evasive arcane and speced for (1x stff 1x dagger dagger) support / tank.
My gear atm = 2 monk, 2 water and 2 earth (30% boon duration 20% protection duration) but if I wanted to go might support I would take might duration gear (3x 20% might duration gear = 60%+30% from arcane tree). That would give me 30ish seconds of might on blast finisher and on my 4 cantrips (auto earth armour cantrip).

Eruption +Ring of Fire then staff fire field + 3x dodge + 3xdodge + earth quake and churning earth + arcane wave
Key:
Staff Ele
Dagger / Dagger Ele

Each finisher is 3x might for 15sec from staff and 30sec from my dagger dagger
that’s 15 stacks of might for 15 seconds
and 15 stacks of might for 15 seconds
totaling 25 stacks of might (25 is max) for 15 seconds with around 10-15 remaining for a further 15 seconds.

To make this combo even easier the staff ele can just ignore his eruption as there are 25 stacks max and my (dagger dagger) might lasts longer so no use losing 15sec for 3 stacks of might

BTW dragons tooth area might effect counts from where you are standing for some reason, so if your using scepter just chillaxe in your ring of fire. Also churining earth starts the blast finisher as the skill starts, so midas well use it too (you need to land the skill still to get the might)

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows