Getting back on Ele?

Getting back on Ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

Hey guys
Elementalist was my first character to be at lvl 80, but short after I made a Guardian and stoped playing it.
Recently with the release of B&S, I made a Force Master there and the feel of playing casters and the fun of it kicked in again, so I’m thinking of getting back on Ele.

What worries me is the new balance patch… When I play a character I like to feel that I can use it in all areas, and with the removal of Celestial from PvP I fear Ele future days..

Beside the PvP changes, do you think Ele role in PvE will change much? As I don’t play Ele in a very long time I’m not really up to date with the changes they announced for the class, neither if they are good or bad..

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

Getting back on Ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Ele is, for some reason, being buffed for the PvE dps role if you like to play Dagger/X because Fresh Air is being buffed (it is already an amazing trait, making this change even more confusing). For pvp, the removal of celestial and lack of a +vit, +tough, +healing pow amulet IS HUGE and will make ele unviable. Since none of the PvE amulets are being changes, ele will continue to offer great support and/or great damage.

Getting back on Ele?

in Elementalist

mPascoal.4258

Ele is, for some reason, being buffed for the PvE dps role if you like to play Dagger/X because Fresh Air is being buffed (it is already an amazing trait, making this change even more confusing). For pvp, the removal of celestial and lack of a +vit, +tough, +healing pow amulet IS HUGE and will make ele unviable. Since none of the PvE amulets are being changes, ele will continue to offer great support and/or great damage.

So Ele will most likely get kicked of PvP meta?
Kitten…

Getting back on Ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Well, in all honesty, the patch is in 2 days, so you should stick around before quitting. Marauder staff and fresh air tempest have good potential. Cele enabled classes to be tanky while having damage, which hurt the more glassy playstyles and since cele amulet is getting removed from PvP, maybe marauder staff will become a thing (it was sometimes used pre-HoT even in pro league and additional tankiness from tempest sure helps).

Getting back on Ele?

in Elementalist

mPascoal.4258

Well, in all honesty, the patch is in 2 days, so you should stick around before quitting. Marauder staff and fresh air tempest have good potential. Cele enabled classes to be tanky while having damage, which hurt the more glassy playstyles and since cele amulet is getting removed from PvP, maybe marauder staff will become a thing (it was sometimes used pre-HoT even in pro league and additional tankiness from tempest sure helps).

That’s the spec I’m actually excited to try. Because my fav weapon on Ele is staff, and with the Cele temoving my thought was that Staff is getting back to being unviable. That was one of the things that made me quit Ele in the first place, at that time Staff was garbage for PvP and no one used it.