Give us back our stunbreakers

in Elementalist

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

It’s more essential than ever. An elementalist who chooses mist form and is not running fire immediately dies to conditions. There is literally nothing you can do than run away, no matter how cheesy and lowskilled your condi opponent is. An elementalist with cleansing fire has only one stunbreaker and an elementalist with only earth armor as a stunbreaker is a dead elementalist. You are pigeonholed into running fire spec which reduces build diversity and even then there is no reason why a mesmer teleport should have
a) less cd
b) increased range
c) the ability to break stun
compared to lightning flash. Either lightning flash or cleansing fire need to get their stunbreaker back as it was before elementalist was overnerfed.

Even if you devs disagree with elementalist getting one more stunbreaker; consider it as an apology for tempest being total crap.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

i don’t think cantrips have the slightest chance of getting a buff, especially now with tempest. keeping people fixated on cantrips is not something anet wants to do when they try to sell us an underpowered elite spec.

having said that, tempest does have good options for stunbreaks and condi cleanses.

if you run soldier/trooper runes with water/x/tempest you can get double cleanses from shouts which allows you to run lightning flash+2 shouts and drop cleansing fire. earth overload will act as your armor of earth (overload can be stowed to give you normal 4s of 3 stacks stability).

it is a possibility to play d/d ele with tempest and only use overloads when really needed…
i’m not saying tempest is fine or anything, or that cantrips like lightning flash couldn’t need a buff… but those are the facts.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

No thanks. What they need is not to buff cantrips, but to buff other utilities/weapon skills.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

No thanks. What they need is not to buff cantrips, but to buff other utilities/weapon skills.

Tornado and ether renewal could use buffs, they are the red headed step children of cantrips.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

because originally they were no cantrips, only recently they got adopted :P

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

the shortest cooldown stunbreaker in elementalists’ toolbox is Signet of Air. 25 second cooldown that blinds nearby foes as well. (20 seconds if you take “written in stone” GM trait, but most earth users prefer the defensive GM traits)

it’s your choice which stunbreakers you take… and you have to choose whether a skill is worth more for its stunbreak or for its other effects. in other words, you’re the only one to blame for which skills you use on your skill bar.

however, you may not be responsible for having Bacon Deficiency Disorder. it’s going around this year…

– The Baconnaire

in Elementalist

cursE.1794

it’s your choice which stunbreakers you take… and you have to choose whether a skill is worth more for its stunbreak or for its other effects. in other words, you’re the only one to blame for which skills you use on your skill bar.

Your lack of understanding is disturbing. Everything that goes through my mind when thinking about an answer to your post just gets me back to what I already wrote. Please read that post again. Thank you.

in Elementalist

Forgotten Legend.9281

oh i understand completely what you’re asking… you want elementalists to be pigeon-holed into taking cantrips all the time… something that the general community has been complaining about for the last three years. sorry, but i refuse to endorsse your QQ, especially when there are alternatives. (some of which have been mentioned in this thread…)

you still have the final say on whether a stun break is more important to you, or defense. is a stun break more important? or is mobility? apparently, you feel that everything else is more important than stunbreakers… and then complain that you can’t break out of stun…

PS: for someone complaining about “lack of understanding”, you sure like to quote others out of context and ignore the jocular nature of the post.

either way, this is an MMORPG, and RPGs are all about choices. choose wisely.

– The Baconnaire

in Elementalist

Posted by: modomario.4196

modomario.4196

Other utilities remain unused and you want to buff the most used ones?
Sorry but no as much as I loved my cantrips I don’t think we can justify putting those first.

I do feel like some of em feel underpowered to what other classes have but I also feel like our core kit is a lot stronger & that they’re more there to fill the little gaps. Perhaps they should’ve focused their nerfs more on the core kits & left the cantrips untouched but you can’t have everything.

Additionally LF isn’t a stunbreak but when used well it might as well be since you can use it whilst stunned.

You say that ele dies to condis without cleansing fire & the like but it makes me wonder what build you’re running there because when you can get a condi cleanse on regen (& we have plenty of opportunities to get it) & 2 on water attunement with arcana, 3/fight with the cleansing fire trait in the fireline, can block em with stoneskin, can pick a different healing skill with cleanse, etc whilst also having plenty of vigor uptime I do think you’re exaggerating.

Even if you devs disagree with elementalist getting one more stunbreaker; consider it as an apology for tempest being total crap.

That’s the worst reasoning i’ve heard in a while. Also tempest isn’t total crap. Niche but not crap. (Works best as a more groupfight focused auramancer imo.)

Imo ele is relatively fine atm.

in Elementalist

cursE.1794

you still have the final say on whether a stun break is more important to you, or defense. is a stun break more important? or is mobility? apparently, you feel that everything else is more important than stunbreakers… and then complain that you can’t break out of stun…

Seriously, you must be kidding.

An elementalist with cleansing fire has only one stunbreaker and an elementalist with only earth armor as a stunbreaker is a dead elementalist.

Yeah, seems like I’m totally understimating the importance of stunbreakers …

PS: for someone complaining about “lack of understanding”, you sure like to quote others out of context and ignore the jocular nature of the post.

If quoting an entire paragraph is “out of context”, I suppose you always want to see a fullquote? Because I don’t know what else lies between “paragraph” and “fullpost”. Maybe something like “parapost”? Or “fullgraph”?

I do admit that I might be a bit too focused on cantrips here, but this is just the result of playing this class for 2 years without ever seeing anything else viable for a balanced build with enough defense that can keep up with other classes in a face to face fight. What are our options? Arcane shield? 75 seconds cooldown for 3 blocks? Not viable. Signet of air? Works as condition elementalist if traited, but you can’t tell me that just because things are there, it’s my fault for not using them. The difference is if they are worth using. And there is a reason why almost no elementalist in pvp is running this signet. Don’t get me wrong guys and girls, I’d love to have more viable options besides cantrips, but that didn’t happen within 3 years. And regarding the huge changes that arenanet does to buff hardly ever used skills like

Flamestrike: Increased the damage by 33%.

I’m not very confident this will happen within the next 10 years.

I call tempest total crap because it adds nothing new to the elementalist class. A teamfighter with decent aoe damage and group support with healing and boons? Wait, wasn’t there a build that does all of this already? Naaah, like what’s next right. Metabattle creating an extra category called “meta^2” for this particular build due to its group support? Please… and I’m not even talking about the concept of overloads locking ourselves out of attunments.

in Elementalist

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

The irony in this statement alone…

More on topic: Cantrips already have enough attention as it is. For the most part Ele’s are stuck with skills that have high cooldowns because we’re supposed to supplement “utility gaps” with skills from our multiple attunements so the cooldown argument is practically a dead horse at this point.

I’m also curious as to why you’re claiming to continuously die from condi pressure. If you’re going for some sort of glass build relying on Fire alone, well, that sounds about right that you die a lot. Earth, Water**, Arcana, and Tempest (enhanced shouts) all have ways of dealing with Conditions.

As far as Tempests are concerned they make for great team players. A lot of their skill set gets shifted to a more team oriented focus so they may not have the same solo survivability as a traditional D/D Ele.

If you’re wanting a hard and fast Stun-break, go with Signet of Air. Otherwise, there are other stun-breaks out there, but they’re nowhere as cheap.

in Elementalist

Forgotten Legend.9281

You obviously value cleansing fire and lightning flash more than stunbreakers, otherwise you’d have more stunbreakers on your bar… Duh.

There is more to your build than those 3 utility slots, and ways to add more cleanses and stunbreakers. If you refuse to use other tools available to you, its your own fault. Every build has its own strengths and weaknesses… Weigh them and accept the weaknesses. Half of PvP is knowing when to run away you know…

PS you totally ignored the bacon Deficiency paragraph, which is clearly more important than the paragraph that you quoted. Especially considering that you are so stubborn as to refuse to change your build to cover the weaknesses you’re complaining about. You may not have ready access to bacon, and therefore can’t think straight do to bacon Deficiency. It’s okay. It happens to all of us sometimes… Now look at the irony of me saying its not your fault for being bacon deficient at the same time as saying its your fault for making a build while you’re bacon deficient…

– The Baconnaire

in Elementalist

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

Overloads are stunbreaks.

So is Eye of the Storm.

And you can still run cantrips. Personally, I’d say at least one cantrip is still required if you are doing PvP. I still run Mist Form in WvW.