Glyph of Elemental Harmany - Protection

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Is it just me or does the Protection gained from this need a big buff in duration? I am sitting at 45% Boon duration Might – 29seconds, Regen 14 1/2 second, Swiftness 14 1/2seconds and Protection…. 4 1/4seconds Now i am not expecting or demanding that it be up there with Might in duration but really 45% Boon duration and i get 4 1/4seconds…

To me, it just seems very lacklustre in its duration.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Combined with Elemental Attunement it’ll give you almost permanent protection.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Not really considering The Glyph Heal (In Earth) and Elemental Attunement is like 10 seconds of Protection. The heal has a 25second cool down and elemental Attunement has a 10second cool down which starts when you leave it which wouldnt be enough time for the Glyph to be off cool down.

Though, combined with Inscription you would get 7 1/4seconds from swapping to Earth. 4 1/4 seconds from the Glyph and 4 1/4 seconds from Inscription which would add up to 15 3/4seconds of Protection which isnt bad at all.

The Regen is even better 7 1/4seconds from switching to water and 29seconds total from the Glyph and the Inscription is nice

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

Assuming you have 75% boon duration as well as the Quick Glyphs trait, you get:

5+3.75=8.75sec protection from Elemental Attunement.
3+2.25=5.25sec protection from Glyph of Elemental Harmony.

You can get the first bonus twice every 20 seconds and the second bonus once. This means that you can get:

8.75+8.75+5.25=22.75 seconds protection every 20 seconds.

Granted, this is a best case scenario, but it does give you some leeway and can easily result in a 90% protection uptime. Add boons from other players and/or skills like Armor of Earth, and it’s plenty of duration.

Also, like you mentioned, there’s the Inscription trait that doubles the boon duration. And finally, compared to most skills that cause protection, the duration is pretty much the same. Longer duration usually occur only on skills with a very long cooldown.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I only have 45% Boon Duration and don’t take Quick Glyphs as i would lose Zephyr’s Boon. I am guessing 75% duration would be taking 3 × 2 different sigils that grant boon duration?

Heard that will be getting nerfed/changed with the March update though.

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

I only have 45% Boon Duration and don’t take Quick Glyphs as i would lose Zephyr’s Boon. I am guessing 75% duration would be taking 3 × 2 different sigils that grant boon duration?

That is correct. However, my main point was that the duration is right mainly because if you combine it with the right things, it’ll be very good. And that’s the way it should be. If you’d give perma protection without trait investment the ele might as well get more toughness instead.

As for the duration, mathematically it is pretty good. Compared to the alternative (regeneration) you can potentially prevent more damage through the short protection duration than you can heal with the regeneration.

Heard that will be getting nerfed/changed with the March update though.

That sounds likely…I would probably change it too.

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I disagree, because the way it is people will HAVE to use other combos. 45% duration and it still only being 4 seconds is VERY poor. It should be at least 5-7seconds.

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

If it lasts 3 seconds against an opponent that deals 2000 damage per second (not an unreasonable amount) then 3 seconds of protection will prevent 6000*33%=2000 damage. That’s more than the regeneration would heal you.

If you made it last 5 seconds without added effects, the potential damage prevention would quickly increase, causing unbalance compared to other skills.

Finally, skills should be balanced on their actual effect. This heal is meant for a boon build so naturally it’ll be less effective in non-boon builds.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Now if only Glyphs were viable.

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Now if only Glyphs were viable.

I dunno, i mean 2 of them are (imo) that being Glyph of Elemental Harmony and Glyph of Elemental Power. I do think that Glyph of Storms, Glyph of Lesser Elementals and Glyph of Renewal are rather poor and i would like to see Glyph of Elementals (Elite) to be buffed and improved as right now for an Elite i do think it is rather weak.

Having it so that The cast time is reduced by at least 50% and making it so they had an affect the moment they were summoned as well. Something like:

Fire = Casts “Lightening Strike” when summoned (random name for a fire attack lol)
Water = When summoned casts Cleansing Wave
Air Elemental = Casts “Mind Shock” on the currently selected target
Earth = Casts “Stomp” when summoned

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Fire – Immune to Burning. Casts AoE Might.
Air – Immune to Blind. Casts AoE Fury.
Earth – Permanent Stability (like all other Earth Elementals have). Casts AoE Protection.
Water – Casts AoE Regen.

I think giving them these would be enough.

But yeah, the cast times on most of the Glyphs are far too long.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sergo.2867

Sergo.2867

Glyph of Storms in earth is very strong in the right situation. All the blind.

Protection is generally a boon with a very short duration, so it doesn’t surprise me. (/whispers I actually think the duration on might is very generous. Don’t tell the devs.)

Geros Rainhall, Warrior, et. al.
Tarnished Coast