Good Elementalist race?

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lawful.5314

Lawful.5314

I’ve been thinking of making an elementalist, but what would be a good race?
I have really no idea if the racials make that big of a difference anywhere, be it PvE or PvP, do they really matter?

Since i’ve been inclined on making an Asura, but their racials are not really that good, i saw humans have some heals or something, Norns have transforms and asuras have some golem pets, or something, how impactful are the racials?

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tyldor.9078

Tyldor.9078

Racial skills don’t make a big difference at all.

In my opinion it matters what you want to do with your Elementalist. If you want to do PvP and WvW with it go for the Asura. You will be less noticable and it’ll be harder to read your skill animations for other players which gives you a little bit of an edge.

Grandmaster Tyldor
Leader of Business Class [BC]

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Lawful.5314

The human heal racial and boon one seem pretty good, also sylvary healing seed looks good, are they actually used?

I really want to play Asura to be hoenst, cause they are cute and small <3 but i see their racials like really useless :/

Also heard norns have a good transform that gives stealth for WvW but i cant find it anymore, or was it removed?

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

The human heal racial and boon one seem pretty good, also sylvary healing seed looks good, are they actually used?

I really want to play Asura to be hoenst, cause they are cute and small <3 but i see their racials like really useless :/

Also heard norns have a good transform that gives stealth for WvW but i cant find it anymore, or was it removed?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Become_the_Snow_Leopard

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

The norn racial is pretty good.

Human still wins imho, the grenth ability is actually very strong when used correctly.

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eviscera.9703

Eviscera.9703

Asura Elementalist with D/D. Thank me later.

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Lawful.5314

Asura Elementalist with D/D. Thank me later.

No whatsoever additional explanation, haha

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

You will also thank me later.

Attachments:

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Radiation Field (Asura Racial Skill) is extremely good when leveling in dungeons. Weakness helps a lot especially when our class is squishy.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hynoris.3684

Hynoris.3684

I main a norn elementalist and used the snow Leopard trasform a lot in wvw as a escape tool but nowdays the FGS does the job better 99% of the times …

And two little thing about asuras, I used to duo roam with a asura friend, both using D/D eles and oh boy….

they always shot the norn first sometimes even when the asura is clearly the best target, playing with a party of asuras with a norn or charr is like having a bullseye in your butt.

Second its really hard to telegraph asura skills because of the their size so keep that in mind if you want a litlle(ha-ha) edge on pvp.

Bad side…being a goblin abortion and tiny looking weapons.

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Columbo.5924

Columbo.5924

If you want to play some ugly yoda like gnome (asura) then go for it. As others have pointed out, this race is dominant in PvP because it is harder to read its moves, it can take full sight cover behind smaller obstacles and it is harder to target thanks to GW’s dodgy targeting system.

Racial skills are worse in 99% of the cases by design because the designers explicitly wanted to prevent any race from being superior due to having a skill that surpasses the profession specific ones. So that should not really influence your decision.

To answer your question: Eles can only be played properly as human females (in T3 cultural armor).

Abaddon’s Mouth (DE)

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Lawful.5314

If you want to play some ugly yoda like gnome (asura) then go for it. As others have pointed out, this race is dominant in PvP because it is harder to read its moves, it can take full sight cover behind smaller obstacles and it is harder to target thanks to GW’s dodgy targeting system.

Racial skills are worse in 99% of the cases by design because the designers explicitly wanted to prevent any race from being superior due to having a skill that surpasses the profession specific ones. So that should not really influence your decision.

To answer your question: Eles can only be played properly as human females (in T3 cultural armor).

What does being female have to do with anything? xD

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Asura are small and hard to read animations, but also you cant see your armor and cloths much. So if your own visual is something important for you, its a bad choice.

Human female if you like boobs.

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Asura are small and hard to read animations, but also you cant see your armor and cloths much. So if your own visual is something important for you, its a bad choice.

Actually Norn females have the best boobs.

Attachments:

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

Human’s Avatar of Melandru has a nice aoe root whiche applies bleeds,
Norns Snow Leopard is the ultimate WvW zerg escape button (though FGS is great)
Asuras are good in pvp just because they’re so dam small, but they’re also annoying.
Charr can summon some NPCs
Sylvari are just…boring.

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Columbo.5924

Conclusion of this thread: either norn or human female (reason(s) were mentioned above). Its a bit of a tradeoff, norn females have the more impressive physique, human females have the cultural T3 armor.

Abaddon’s Mouth (DE)

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Lawful.5314

Only problem is that i’m not a fan of making female characters, leave that to my gf i’m playing with, haha.

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Columbo.5924

Just tell your gf that the guys in the forum recommended this (maybe skip the part with the reasons)…

Abaddon’s Mouth (DE)

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

I have an Asura, but taking human female could be interesting too (the chest and the elite)

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: kmaeropa.3986

kmaeropa.3986

I picked human for the armors but I would so go Asuran, they’re so dang cute as elementalists.

Bubbles Utonium X, Khali Mae – Maguuma [PYRO]

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: lazycalm.5186

lazycalm.5186

Please go human, only 60% of gw2 population are humans

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Sylvaries have access to a 3 seconds invulnerability frame with their ultimate. While spawning a couple of turrets. Considering that elementalists can swap atunements during that cast, they synergize well with it. It will serve its purpose because you will have 3 seconds uptime to wait for your healing cooldown. Elite skill. 150 seconds cooldown.

When roaming in WvW, you also have access to Binding Roots which immobilizes for a potential 7 seconds and deals damage every seconds (approx 100 × 7) on a 45 seconds cooldown, utility slot.

Both skills are interesting for an elementalist.

Alerie Despins

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Whichever race you will be happy to look at and gear up for the months (and years?) to come. Racial skills just add some flavor, but generally they aren’t better than your regular skills (and most racials have no interaction with your traits).

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

You will also thank me later.

That picture looks so epic! and I lol at the content of your signature. 10/10!

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Actually Norn females have the best boobs.

I have seen you in the overflow! my gf loves the red combination of your toon haha.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

My Male norn ele with trickster armor and cof helm and gloves looks like a complete bad kitten , abyss and illumination (all my toons wear that)…. beast mode. Norn is the way to go

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: yayuuu.9420

yayuuu.9420

Pick up Sylvari, they are cute!

Attachments:

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Oh My God.8423

Oh My God.8423

Charr

Just to be different

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Asura, because we are the master race

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Human ele is sexy.

Attachments:

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I went with Asura for mine…their quotes and attunement swap changes appealed the most to me. Racial elites/utility skills for this class don’t compare to the class ones so race really is whatever you want to look at on a constant basis and listen to.

Also, as Fuzzion stated…Asura are the master race

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Sylvaries have access to a 3 seconds invulnerability frame with their ultimate. While spawning a couple of turrets. Considering that elementalists can swap atunements during that cast, they synergize well with it. It will serve its purpose because you will have 3 seconds uptime to wait for your healing cooldown. Elite skill. 150 seconds cooldown.

When roaming in WvW, you also have access to Binding Roots which immobilizes for a potential 7 seconds and deals damage every seconds (approx 100 × 7) on a 45 seconds cooldown, utility slot.

Both skills are interesting for an elementalist.

This. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Take_Root is really strong.

downed state is bad for PVP

Good Elementalist race?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749