Good rune sets and sigil for staff?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MetaSir.4872

MetaSir.4872

Hi, a friend of mine also playing elementalist wanted advice for what runes and sigil to use as a staff elementalist. I play D/D extensively and have honestly no idea what’s better for staff; any advice? She plays support and stands back to heal allies and lay on ranged DPS (talking PvE/dungeons) so I wanted to see what the staff elementalists out there use for armor + runes + sigil.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Rune sets depend on your playstyle/build. Sigils are also the same. Generally, you want to get a superior sigil that best complements your build IE: If you’re running a might stacking build with appropriate rune set, then you want a superior sigil of battle (weapon swap effects apply to attunment switching).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

sigil of water maybe? always nice for a supporter

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil_of_Superior_Water

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

It’s a good question and one I’ve been pondering about as well for various build ideas. The one sigil that keeps coming forward though is the Sigil of Superior Battle. For elementalists, it basically reads “gain 6 stacks of might”. Seeing that each stack of might adds roughly 2% damage, that’s just too good to pass up. Even if you only get 3 stacks out of it, it would still outpower Sigil of Force and that’s not even counting the added condition damage. With a boon build, you could get as much as 9 might all the time. It’s very hard to justify picking anything else unless you’re really set on not swapping attunements at all.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

Sigil of fire here