Greatsword please!!

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Please, give us greatsword, a long-range(1200-1500) , low control but strong single target CC, high single target with small collateral AoE damage!

Why? Because love the GS, and I want a weapon that emphasizes long range DPS, also since I know we are never going to get a buff for damage staff. As for the ultimate, change it or something, it is used mostly in PvE for fun and in sPvP it mostly cripple yourself. We dont really have any elite that makes you go from meh to WOAH, so might as well not use the elite excuse to not do the GS skills

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wreck.2634

Wreck.2634

I COMPLETELY agree. I would pay money for this. Make it gem unlockable if you have to but please, PLEASE add greatsword.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: innocent ouarior.1954

innocent ouarior.1954

Scepter does high damage.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Fortus.6175

vs golems yeah, I mean, poor bastarrds cant move

Im talking about a two handed weapon that does RELIABLE damage at range (sort of like a mage wizard class is supposed or at least is preferred to do) without having to say “oh well, since I have so much CC and AoE I guess its ok to give up killing potential”

Leave staff for support ranged, and GS for damage ranged.

Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

I am tired of the gs. I would rather have a bow and be something like an arcane archer.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Fortus.6175

I am tired of the gs. I would rather have a bow and be something like an arcane archer.

I dont really like the idea but as long as we get GS I will support your idea, but if a decision comes down to it, then I will abogate for GS, I mean, I have never seen a mage wielding a bow, but I sure remember Gandalf using a sword!

Legendary SoloQ

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Please, give us greatsword, a long-range(1200-1500) , low control but strong single target CC, high single target with small collateral AoE damage!

a) We have a greatsword.
b) You could always roll a mesmer.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: eldain stenlund.4306

eldain stenlund.4306

I have actually seen Great swords on mages. (when i re-check my memory).
(Iam an old school MMO player. including pen & paper).

As long as it is high dmg, ranged. go for it.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

Why not go for something that’s not in the game yet, like a warhorn or something?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

eldain stenlund.4306

Why not go for something that’s not in the game yet, like a warhorn or something?

we have horn alrdy.
(using that on both my warrior and ranger).

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

we have horn alrdy.
(using that on both my warrior and ranger).

On the elementalist, obviously.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fanta.8049

Fanta.8049

how about the rifle ? we gonna have a magical sniper

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

That could be interesting. A 1-handed weapon may be more likely though, because Anet already has to come up with 4 new skills per skill. Then again, a 2-handed weapon would eliminate the need to check for dangerous combos…

Yeah, if anything new is implemented, it’ll likely be a 2-handed weapon. And rifle would seem the best candidate since we don’t have a rifle caster yet.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

eldain stenlund.4306

308. caliber sniper rifle. (most common)

or manifest and throw around a Burning / Frosted Greatsword to impale people.

I whould take GS anyday :P

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

save you keys, GS will be released in BLC in the future and we have to unluck whit one ticket inside. Be sure to be ready since only 1,000 tickets will be released worldwide.
-key price will be raised how was intended.
-Gs elite range will be reduce now to 500 to encourage the player to not use the elite and buy more gems.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Fortus.6175

a) We have a greatsword.

a) we dont, we have an elite
b) or not.

Legendary SoloQ

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: CallousEye.5018

CallousEye.5018

I don’t this is the correct design for a weapon, remember our weapons should be fundamentally different in each attunement, which is something we don’t have.

One of the problems with staff is that all of the auto attacks and spells are intended for 1200 range and it has a weak link in close quarters.

I think this is right if you focus on condition damage and sit in earth mostly, but if you’re thinking of that scepter burst damage video you may be missing much of what goes into making that damage happen.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Wreck.2634

Greatsword would be amazing, but I could settle for one handed sword if I have too. Greatsword is the most aesthetically pleasing weapon and would be so amazing on elementalists. Please please add it! I think a full new weapon would actually be easier to set up then testing a one handed weapon with all the different combos.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

a) We have a greatsword.

b) or not.

a) That summons a greatsword. Point is, if you want a greatsword, you can play it. If you’re just interested in a different skillset, then it shouldn’t matter what weapon’s used for it…it could be a Frying Pan.
b) Your choice, but maybe you should also ask for Turrets, Stealth, Heavy Armor and a Mini Quaggan. My point was: don’t turn the Elementalist into a Mesmer just because you’d rather have Elementalist looks with Mesmer functionality.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Fortus.6175

a) We have a greatsword.

b) or not.

a) That summons a greatsword. Point is, if you want a greatsword, you can play it. If you’re just interested in a different skillset, then it shouldn’t matter what weapon’s used for it…it could be a Frying Pan.
b) Your choice, but maybe you should also ask for Turrets, Stealth, Heavy Armor and a Mini Quaggan. My point was: don’t turn the Elementalist into a Mesmer just because you’d rather have Elementalist looks with Mesmer functionality.

a) here is the difference: you would be able to use it all the time, would have differnet skills, could use different GS skins, would be cool

b) Stop assuming stuff, it is like saying: “you want a candy? whats next, destroying the world, launching nuclear bombs, finding nemo?!” Totally unrelated stuff which are not tied to a class. Just in case you dont know, eles already have stealth, but thats not the point. Point is, apples to apples, I want a GS with elementalist gameplay. Guardians, warriors and mesmers share GS and yet you dont see anyone going all hiatus and asking to limit it to one class only, each one have their own gameplay tied to their class. A GS with elemental skills is all I ask, and before you go on, stop that argument because it will knda make you look a little ignorant , friendly advise.

Legendary SoloQ

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swiftwynd.1685

Swiftwynd.1685

a) We have a greatsword.

b) or not.

Revision to A

Our elite Fiery Great Sword is one of the most functional and useful elites in the game, and you can always pick up the second one. I almost never use the 25 charges fast enough before it fades due to 1 minute timer, so you pick up the second one once you get lower.

2 minutes of what is quite possibly the highest ranged damage in the game with a built in evade on a 5 second recharge is ridiculously good.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

I mean no offense, but it’s funny since the Greatsword isn’t a traditionally a long-range weapon at all-only conjure and Mesmer versions of the weapon are. It’s cool for sure on the Mesmer, but Greatsword is not what I think of when I think “long-range weapon” (and darn, they are so OU in the game, I don’t even like none of the 3 Legendaries for them being TOO common-not that it’s wrong to go after them, though.)

Though I don’t mind if you ever get this, I don’t think the Elementalist really needs a 1500 range Greatsword, though perhaps some traits to extend the range of both Scepter and Staff to 1,200-1,500 respectively (not needed either, but certainly would be nice.)

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

I could certainly go for a greatsword – I’ve always liked the idea of channeling spells through weapons, and it’s a sword, so I’d look more like I could handle myself in melee than I would if I were to use a staff.

Whatever happens, though, eles really need an effective ranged single-target option.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Wreck.2634

They definitely need another weapon. People would go crazy if they got a new weapon It would be amazing.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

Everyone wants greatswords! I wouldn’t mind having one on my thief as well!

But honestly I think the problem here is that we have so few weapon sets that a few more should be added. Since everyone likes greatswords the general consensus is that they should be the de-facto choice, but anything will do, really.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

I think we’ll get something we can’t conjure, like a one handed sword.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I think we’ll get something we can’t conjure, like a one handed sword.

Yeah I was thinking this as well, kinda hope we get the warhorn at some point though…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: blackgoat.5172

blackgoat.5172

Nah not a frying pan…….maybe a fork though………

Attachments:

Káge – 80 Thief / Asháman – 80 Elementalist
Project Mayhem A multigaming, PVx social guild on Dragonbrand
Dragonbrand Community Forums

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Wreck.2634

I want a greatsword simply because it is the most aesthetically pleasing weapon in the game. The skins made from greatsword are simply fantastic. I have re-rolled a warrior because of them!

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Fortus.6175

I want a greatsword simply because it is the most aesthetically pleasing weapon in the game. The skins made from greatsword are simply fantastic. I have re-rolled a warrior because of them!

pretty much this, they even have 2 legendaries (even though none count, unless eternity)

most of the cool weapon animations and particles come from GS, thats why I want it, only reason im not rolling a mesmer is because im absolutely in love with my ele, been since beta

Legendary SoloQ

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

While we are at it can we also have a bazooka pew pew

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

While we are at it can we also have a bazooka pew pew

Roll a charr…

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: frostflare.6390

frostflare.6390

I want a rifle…Thats all I want. No greatsword, No sword. if they add them, fine. But we deserve a rifle. ITs not heavily used(ALMOST EVERY CLASS HAS THE WEAPON), and its we dont have a gun-mancer yet. The Ele is perfect for it. She currently weilds only “magical weapons”. Even the dagger is very magical. I want a gun, I want the ele to move into a new era. I run around with the frost gun everywhere….I have over 6 stacks of it in my bank. I will run it till I get my own gun.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: ghettogenius.9174

ghettogenius.9174

My personal preference in fantasy adventure games is to build a character with as little restrictions to weapons/armor per class as possible. Generally, the balance issues are handled by certain penalties to non-profficient weapons, off hand attacks, etc.

Of course the combat system is different here, but after thinking about it I can’t come up with any specific reason why all weapons couldnt be available (or unlockable for gems hint hint) for all professions. It might present some weird combinations such as warrior using scepter for CC or something. I couldnt say there wouldnt be some overpowered combos – but cant think of any at this moment. The flexibility would be cool. But I’m dreaming.

Some issues arise with professions that have prof specific skills tho – like mesmer greatsword skills vs warrior greatsword skills. If everyone picking up a greatsword had the same skills available to them, then it could possibly work. Alas, that ship has sailed.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

Seconding the shortbow for arcane archery. Besides, everybody and their grandma uses greatswords already.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I want greatsword if Water and Earth have better healing and group defense.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Acension.9270

Acension.9270

Please, give us greatsword, a long-range(1200-1500) , low control but strong single target CC, high single target with small collateral AoE damage

This would just make Elementalist more OP, there OP enough already they don’t need to get stronger lol

Trolls :)

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Agree!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: the reason I honestly don’t care for the idea of elementalist GS is because people want it to be ranged. I can give a pass to Mesmer making GS ranged because they are weird or even the elite skill since you don’t have to use it…

But if you want a ranged weapon, why not put it on a weapon that is suppose to be ranged?

(edited by Leo G.4501)

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Soeki.9643

Soeki.9643

Please, give us greatsword, a long-range(1200-1500)

I don’t get it why people want a MELEE weapon to be a long range one. This doesn’t make any sense. GS is cool when swung sure, but not from miles away from your enemies. If they ever add GS to ele, I hope it will be close range (150-300), and will give a real battle-mage feeling to it.

On the other hand a Rifle could fill this long range damage role, just make the rifle shoot bullets based on attument, it wouldn’t take long time to come up with a few skills, and only 2 professions can use rifle (unlike GS which is already 4), and it fits the theme for me

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Fortus.6175

I don’t get it why people want a MELEE weapon to be a long range one.

Simple answer really;

1) GS have the coolests, most varied, and numerous skins, unfortunately. I like ele, but they cant wear it. Mesmers GS and D/D ele already proved that ANet doesnt care about weapon traditional use when it comes to range nor lore. I would play anything else but im in love with my ele and I would like to stick to it on rain or fire.

2) We lack a reliable, selfish ranged damage weapon. Couple it with the fact that many people want a GS + ele + range = why everyone and their mothers want to have GS in their arsenal. Until they start making more cool staves and staves actually be able to hit anything but golems in the mist, I, and many more will keep askin for a ranged GS.

Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Fortus.6175

This would just make Elementalist more OP

hahaha hahahaHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Thanks for the laugh :’)

Legendary SoloQ

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

I rather have one hand sword with a "battle mage" playstyle (meele and short range skills).

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Fortus.6175

I rather have one hand sword with a “battle mage” playstyle (meele and short range skills).

with our low stats ?! no thanks, it would mean we would have to go arcana/water,and probably the gamestyle woudnt be any different from D/D.

No, i want a weapon that can make air/fire a possible way of playing ele, I mean, right now there is no point on speccing on this if staff, which is our longest ranged weapon almost requieres you to be at melee to be able to take some advantage of the fields and blasts….

I want a viable ranged option for a change..

Legendary SoloQ

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Simple answer really;

1) GS have the coolests, most varied, and numerous skins, unfortunately. I like ele, but they cant wear it. Mesmers GS and D/D ele already proved that ANet doesnt care about weapon traditional use when it comes to range nor lore. I would play anything else but im in love with my ele and I would like to stick to it on rain or fire.

‘coolest’ is up to preference. Popular? Yes. But already people don’t much care for all of Elementalist’s obscuring effects, and all a GS would do is add annoying footprints and sparkle trails to it.

Personally, ‘cool’ to me is uniqueness and rarity, neither of which GS is…but that’s personal opinion.

2) We lack a reliable, selfish ranged damage weapon. Couple it with the fact that many people want a GS + ele + range = why everyone and their mothers want to have GS in their arsenal. Until they start making more cool staves and staves actually be able to hit anything but golems in the mist, I, and many more will keep askin for a ranged GS.

Then why a GS? Why not a bow or even a pistol or rifle? I honestly wouldn’t care either way, just new weapons would be super welcomed…but a melee weapon you shoot elements from super far away is the last thing I’d suggest.

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

Then why a GS? Why not a bow or even a pistol or rifle? I honestly wouldn’t care either way, just new weapons would be super welcomed…but a melee weapon you shoot elements from super far away is the last thing I’d suggest.

Personally? I’d like my weapon to look as though I could use it as a melee weapon.

I wouldn’t care if conjures were like engi kits, though, ’cause then I could just bring out Mjölnir and smack people with it whenever I felt like it.

Actually, making conjures more readily-accessible would solve a lot of my problems with the class.

(edited by Chaosky.5276)

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Fortus.6175

Simple answer really;

‘coolest’ is up to preference. Popular? Yes. But already people don’t much care for all of Elementalist’s obscuring effects, and all a GS would do is add annoying footprints and sparkle trails to it.

Personally, ‘cool’ to me is uniqueness and rarity, neither of which GS is…but that’s personal opinion.

I guess cool has different meaning for everybody, to me, cool (when it comes to weapons) is flashiness, effects, particles, after-effects, animations, all of which GS (without any room for doubts, judging by the sheer amount of nicely and meticously designed GSs ), right now GS have them the most, also, for some odd reason I have always found greaswords to be very appealing to me, as well as knight in shinning armor, something about my childhood that this image stuck to me, hardcore. I tried the guardian, and in fact it was suppose to be my “main” before the game was release, but as soon as I hit the ele, it clicked for me, where the guardian didnt.

As for the GS skills, just look at mesmer, or lets not get that far away, daggers on ele, they are merely ceremonial daggers, they are there to serve a magical purpose; to channel the skills through a weapon, not to hack away somebodys head. In a game plagged with magic, you would expect the elementalist (the most magical profession in the game) to be able to pull this one out of the blue (fiery sword, remember, the elite?)

Legendary SoloQ

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I would much rather have a pistol and shoot a variety of different magical bullets. We don’t have anything that shoots out long range beams. I’m thinking something sort of like the laser gun from Star Ocean that shoots out a gigantic beam that vaporises everything in sight. kinda like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prj-TEyltvE
Of course they could always scrap the fiery greatsword elite, give it to us as a weapon, and give us the beam pistol as an elite that doesnt suck.

(edited by Nikkinella.8254)

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

eldain stenlund.4306

I dont get why people ask for a pistol.. or rifle.. to a mage… realy ?.
Sling, Darts, Shortbows. can be used by a mage class as ranged weapon.
I think i have seen a few Light Crossbows also.. very rare.

Iam guessing these people whould like to see this Commando class in game also.
Modern day Commando, fitting in a fantasy, spellcasting, magical monsters. etc. etc.

If you want to destroy the game.. go ahead.

I hope you get them to release open source of GW2 also then, so i can make my own server of how it realy should be.
our elementalist is a real mage… a necromancer is truly a necromancer. etc. etc.

Note: I actually found this image (and there is more).. on Gw2 official website.
weird.
april fools or not.. rifle warriors we have now, is pretty close. rifle precursor + legend.
(its a good way to test player base. if they like, implement, if not.. april fools)

Attachments:

(edited by eldain stenlund.4306)

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

I’d rather hav a sword and use my Bolt on my ele.
I dont think my twilight would fit him.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Greatsword please!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

I’m highly doubtful Anet will give Ele’s greatswords or swords or more weapons outside 1 or 2 in an expansion and here’s why:

1. Ele’s already have a huge plethora of skills due to their attunements, meaning each weapon is really 4 weapons, 3×4 = 12. So technically, Ele’s have access to 12 different weapon skill sets. Mathematically anyway… In practice, its not so clear cut but the general idea is, they make up for their low number of choices in physical weaponry, with their high number of choices in elemental ability.

2. One of the classes (Warrior) is centered around being the lord of versatile melee (whether this is true or not). Conceptually, a warrior’s boon is all his arsenal of weapons to choose from, and any class, Ele or not, gaining another weapon choice is an indirect nerf to their conceptual design…. I hope this makes sense?

3. Its also one of the things special to Mesmer, and signifies a ‘battle mage’. Ele’s aren’t meant to be close up quarter casters with tricks to confuse enemies to stay close. (although you have the choice to be one with Dagger sets, which is neat!). This is also why I think you never see an Ele with anything but a staff in concept art, to signify its ranged dominance and sorcerer attitude. If you’re looking for a battle mage, which has an active and offensive play style with great sword, I’d say Mesmer is your bet, well, that’s what Anet implies anyway lol.

4. It just doesn’t make much sense to have a magic user, based around affinity to elements and knowledge, to have the upper body strength to carry the great sword. Mesmers I can justify, seeing as they can bend reality itself, it makes a plausible sense for them to be able to manipulate the weight of the great sword so it is light as a feather. For Ele’s I can find no justification.

5. Lastly, the elite which uses the Fiery Great sword would have to be changed, and something new added. Anet is a company that doesn’t like making big changes, especially ones that may upset a player base with such a drastic change. (There are some out there who wouldn’t like losing the elite, or a great sword otherwise for their Ele.) Heck, they even decided the changes they wanted in Guild Wars Utopia (a cancelled expansion) for the first game was too much, so they made a new game entirely.

For these reasons, I doubt it will ever happen… any time soon anyway. Though, its Anet’s final say, so either way, I hope everyone gets what they want to a degree.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT