Greatsword weapon-set instead of Elite

in Elementalist

Posted by: MangoMonkey.7582

MangoMonkey.7582

Hey folks,

Like the subject might suggest, I would like to know weather the community thinks the Fiery Greatsword should be replaced by a new Elite since it’s totally not worth being an Elite anymore when comparing it in Power to normal weapon sets.
Would you guys think ArenaNet would make this choice at any moment. As we can not know for sure what ArenaNet thinks at all seeing their choices in the past. So this is just a speculation.

See you in-game

in Elementalist

Posted by: MangoMonkey.7582

MangoMonkey.7582

PS: I’m making a post on, in my opinion, balanced Elementalist changes which would make the Elementalist re-worked and even more fun to play. It’s not finished yet, because I’m having some dilemmas, like this one. :P

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rialen.1524

Rialen.1524

I think it’s CDs should be brought down, but the mobility granted by it still calls for it to be an elite in structured PvP IMO. Plus it helps me keep all these gewd skills in my 7-9. ^.^

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

i feel its 5 needs a radius and duration buff with a longer cd and its 1 should deal small aoe damage similar to staff fire 1 other than that is fine

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I have a feeling we won’t be getting any weaponsets that we already have as conjures, so when we do get a new weapon it’ll be sword/offhand sword, rifle, pistol/offhand pistol or mace/offhand mace.

About FGS though, it’s still great for mobility…

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: law.9410

law.9410

I still love it. scepter/focus has zero mobility so I pretty much have to run fgs when I roam. It’s also still decent downed cleave.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

The elite conjures should not have charges, and should allow the ele to swap back and forth between weapons (think of it like another timed weapon)

Without the above change, FGS is too weak not to be even considered for a utility slot.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in Elementalist

Rangerdeity.5847

Idk it should at the very least be moved to utility or have its CD reduced to 60s. As it is Flame axe is almost more effective anyway. The real beef I have is While I love my ele I can go hours without using my elite since none of them are game changers in WvW. Play a guard and you get Tomes that change the course of a battle, Play hunter and you have rampage as one and suddenly your stacking might faster than a critical fire necro running sigil of strength with ghostberries. play a mesmer and boom whole team double speed GG. Play necro and hey look i get a worthless minion…. hey look i have a cool looking sword that lets me move across the map relatively quickly hey look im a tornado that will hit you three times in the next 20 seconds teeheee.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avadore.4196

Avadore.4196

I would prefer if Anet would buff FGS to an real elite. Something along the lines below.

Change Skill 1 to an Melee attack chain at an increased damage.
-Slash up to 3 enemies
-Slash again up to 3 enemies and add burn
-Forward swing FGS and nock back up 3 enemies a short distance(200 maybe)

Change Skill 2 to a defensive skill. Channel/hold the sword in a parry position for 3 seconds blocking all melee and burn/destroy all projectiles. Applied conditions and magic still do damage. Add an AOE burn to nearby enemies during the channel.
Keep Skill 3 the same
Keep Skill 4 the same
Increase Damage to Skill 5

in Elementalist

emikochan.8504

Idk it should at the very least be moved to utility or have its CD reduced to 60s. As it is Flame axe is almost more effective anyway. The real beef I have is While I love my ele I can go hours without using my elite since none of them are game changers in WvW. Play a guard and you get Tomes that change the course of a battle, Play hunter and you have rampage as one and suddenly your stacking might faster than a critical fire necro running sigil of strength with ghostberries. play a mesmer and boom whole team double speed GG. Play necro and hey look i get a worthless minion…. hey look i have a cool looking sword that lets me move across the map relatively quickly hey look im a tornado that will hit you three times in the next 20 seconds teeheee.

That’s the main issue, sometimes I forget I even have an elite, because everyone one of them will reduce my effectiveness in 90% of situations. (in pve at least) In wvw they get more use I think.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I would prefer if Anet would buff FGS to an real elite. Something along the lines below.

Change Skill 1 to an Melee attack chain at an increased damage.
-Slash up to 3 enemies
-Slash again up to 3 enemies and add burn
-Forward swing FGS and nock back up 3 enemies a short distance(200 maybe)

Change Skill 2 to a defensive skill. Channel/hold the sword in a parry position for 3 seconds blocking all melee and burn/destroy all projectiles. Applied conditions and magic still do damage. Add an AOE burn to nearby enemies during the channel.
Keep Skill 3 the same
Keep Skill 4 the same
Increase Damage to Skill 5

1 I doubt that under any circumstance will there be a chain that ends in a knock back

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Elementalist

Rangerdeity.5847

1 I doubt that under any circumstance will there be a chain that ends in a knock back

probably but for an elite skill if it only lasted 30 seconds instead of 1 minute and the knockback was only 200 it would be just fine

That’s the main issue, sometimes I forget I even have an elite, because everyone one of them will reduce my effectiveness in 90% of situations. (in pve at least) In wvw they get more use I think.

nah in WvW elemental gets melted using the sword puts you into melee range not good for ele tornado requires you to actually move into melee range and it makes you an easy target kinda like HEY look there is the enemy ele that was nuking us we should kill him first, fortunately his hitbox is now HUGE i can click on this sob from the backlines. I suggest using racial elites like charzooka or even seed turrets

in Elementalist

emikochan.8504

Well half the ele specs are already melee so being in melee range isn’t much of an issue :p

I use tornado when I’m fighting on walls, there’s no escape