Greatswords

Greatswords

in Elementalist

Posted by: xsharpshotx.7586

xsharpshotx.7586

Im probably going to get some negative feedback here, but I want to ask: Does anyone think Eles would be able to wield a proper GS one day? like get a new wep set?

Greatswords

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

nah if anything axe and warhorn but greatsword and hammer doesnt suit them they arent “heavy” in anyway if you get my drift necro maybe i guess but i would prefer hammers on my necro

Greatswords

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

Actually the way GS tends to work for most classes (emphasis on mobility and gap closing) it does fit Ele playstyle, which is why we get a conjure. A full GS weapon set would likely be a monster considering how well it works for all other professions that have it. In fact if the conjure’s auto was replaced with something, you know, good, it’d be much more worth using.

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

Greatswords

in Elementalist

Posted by: No Remorse.5869

No Remorse.5869

they arent “heavy” in anyway

Normally i would agree with you on that but considering Memsers get to use one, pink butterflies and all, i don’t think it’s a valid argument :P

Greatswords

in Elementalist

Posted by: ReSpect.7125

ReSpect.7125

So, if we get greatsword, which new skills would we get?

Two suggestion (not auto):
Water:
Make a shop like the final one at hundred blades (warrior GS 2).
Then in a line in front of the ele a 1200 long 100 wide waterfield appears for healing like cleansing wave (dagger 5)
Earth:
Obsidian flesh (focus 5) but other animation

Zandra Zvift lvl 80 human elementalist
Good luck and may the six watch over you

Greatswords

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Warhorn could make sense.

Whip would make sense.

Heck even regular sword could be argued to make sense.

Greatsword is a bit of a stretch though.

Greatswords

in Elementalist

Posted by: MeanCoffeeBean.2073

MeanCoffeeBean.2073

Double pistols. Spellslingers for GW2 pl0x.

Fluttershy – Mesmer
Clarishy – Ranger
Tinkershy – Engineer

Greatswords

in Elementalist

Posted by: Brolla.3142

Brolla.3142

I don’t understand Why people are saying “it’s a bit of a stretch” or “it dose not suit them” battlemage type characters have worked in other games in the past Why can’t it work in gw2?

http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Herald_of_Xotli

Greatswords

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wranglerist.5489

Wranglerist.5489

Not sure, I don’t think it does fit the playstyle though…

But the Torch!? :o Why the hell can’t we use them!? :o

#ELEtism

Greatswords

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

Double pistols. Spellslingers for GW2 pl0x.

I would very much like this, or a Rifle
Gives me more of a reason to make the Predator instead of Incinerator.(I hate the Quip)

Greatswords

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

give us sword and shield thanks

Greatswords

in Elementalist

Posted by: Piratoz.8627

Piratoz.8627

Greatsword and sword would give the Ele a spellsword theme and could help to fill combat niches that Eles do not possess currently.

(edited by Piratoz.8627)

Greatswords

in Elementalist

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

In my opinion, Eles will not get a new weapon set if they have a conjure for that type of weapon. with that being said, the weapons that are left are as follows.

Mace
Sword
Rifle
Pistol
Torch

My vote would be for Rifle or Pistol

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

Greatswords

in Elementalist

Rangerdeity.5847

they should without question have access to torch. i dont think anyone would disagree

Sword i could get used to that i would love a condi sword skill set
mace sorry just not feeling it
rifle i dont actually use rifle on any profession can we get a rework on this weapon for every class please?
pistol i am listening go on
hammer lul given the usual CC theme on these i would LOVE it i would feel so OP building a tanky hammer ele but yah no dear god no one ele could lock down half a zerg.
greatsword you just want an excuse to use your sunrise dont you? NEXT

Greatswords

in Elementalist

Posted by: xsharpshotx.7586

xsharpshotx.7586

not sunrise actually, Eternity. and is there a problem with asking it? sheesh I like your input with other weapons but you dont need to get personal with why i asked the question in the first place lol

Greatswords

in Elementalist

Rangerdeity.5847

not sunrise actually, Eternity. and is there a problem with asking it? sheesh I like your input with other weapons but you dont need to get personal with why i asked the question in the first place lol

its the reason everyone wants a specific weapon on a class that doesnt have it and for some reason its always the greatswords why does everyone make the kitten greatsword…..

Greatswords

in Elementalist

Bluefox.9580

its the reason everyone wants a specific weapon on a class that doesnt have it and for some reason its always the greatswords why does everyone make the kitten greatsword…..

Because every class that can use the greatsword finds it a most effective weapon. Every single class.

Greatswords

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

I want the 1H-sword added to ele. We do need a more melee focused weapon (I don’t count daggers because they are more mid-ranged than pure melee), but I don’t think new weapon sets added should interfere with the roles of our summoned weapons, otherwise there would be no point to the summoned weapons anymore. It would also confuse people in PvP, because if you see an ele running around with volcanus, for example, you’d have no idea whether they’re using a normal greatsword or the fiery greatsword elite, which would make preparing for their attacks more difficult.

Also, bolt would be epic on an ele with that lighting. XD

Greatswords

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rialen.1524

Rialen.1524

I’m totally game for GS eles, increasing variation is good. If we can handle an fgs why can’t we handle a GS?

Greatswords

in Elementalist

Rangerdeity.5847

i would rather see a sword or torch but for two hands hell i would rather have a hammer because CC ele could be awesome

Greatswords

in Elementalist

Bluefox.9580

Honestly I’d like to see rifle added so we have a 2 handed single target based weapon.

Greatswords

in Elementalist

Posted by: Artanis.4963

Artanis.4963

In my opinion, Eles will not get a new weapon set if they have a conjure for that type of weapon. with that being said, the weapons that are left are as follows.

Mace
Sword
Rifle
Pistol
Torch

My vote would be for Rifle or Pistol

Honestly I’d like to see rifle added so we have a 2 handed single target based weapon.

Rifle would probably be fantastic. Long range, single target.

(Attached screenshot is from Hitsugi no Chaika/Chaika the Coffin Princess)

Attachments:

Greatswords

in Elementalist

Posted by: Corvette.5687

Corvette.5687

In my opinion, every classes should be able to use all type of weapons but in their own ways. Necromancers, like Majory, can amplify their damage by the power of darkness, use death spell to summon armed skeletal to fight for them. For Engineer, He can modify a great sword in to a mechanic sword which can extended or re build it in to a light sabre. Thieves can use great sword to perform a shadow/acrobatic skill. For elementalists, they already have the conjure skill but I have made some points.

Schizophrenic player